I have a transferable credit with Southwest Airlines I need to get rid of... (you'll save $60)

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
I have a transferable credit with Southwest Airlines I need to get rid of... (you'll save $60)

Hey folks,

12-08-07 I canceled a planned trip with Southwest Airlines and they told me at the time I had one year to use my credit of $237.60.  I had planned to use it for one of the conferences this year but money is tight, and I'm trying to budget every penny.  So I called Southwest today and told them I was having trouble coming up with a way to use the credit and my year would be up 12-08-08 and could they just issue me a partial credit.  She stated that she couldn't credit me but that I should be aware that the credit is transferable (thanks for telling me now).  She even suggested I sell off the credit to "someone I know" and they can use it.  So here I am...

I'm hoping someone would help me out that needs a flight, and we'll both win.  I'll cut the $237.60 credit down to a $175 fee on my end.  And I'd expect for someone to pay via paypal ($175) right before I give you the special code that will allow you to use the credit, which can be used on the website and via phone call.  If there is a problem, I would promptly refund the money. 

I would also be willing to help you via phone using their website to find the right place to put the code in.  For my own sanity, I would prefer if the person is someone I'm familiar with, however I'd dish this credit off on the first taker whether I know you or not. 

You have to make plans to have your travel complete by 12-08-08.  She stated that if I still had the credit on 12-08-08 and called as soon as the credit ran up, they would probably extend it for 6 more months, but I'd like to avoid having to wait til the credit is up just to have them tell me I'm screwed. 

For anyone that wants to make last minute plans to the AAI conference, this could come in real handy as LA is a big hub for Southwest Airlines.

Let me know by commenting in this thread or sending me an email or pm. 

UPDATE: Ok, I'm lowering the price to get rid of this credit.... $150 for a $237.80 credit!

Michael Zybura (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
The Soutwest Airlines Ticket

I've been thinking about taking a quick weekend trip to St. Augustine FL, and the $175 should cover the better part of the airfare to Jacksonville (Continental Airlines was asking for $225), so this may very well work out...however, don't hold me to it, let me check my work schedule to see if this is doable in terms of scheduling a few days off and whatnot. Email me first at [edited by Sapient] and I'll let you know (of course, if someone else beats me to it, then by all means give it to that person first, I won't be the least bit disappointed). Hope to hear from you, thanks Brian!

kellym78
atheistRational VIP!
kellym78's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient is communicating

Sapient is communicating with Michael but nothing is guaranteed yet.  Still looking for help on this one.... BUMP!

Boon Docks
User is offlineOffline
Bump

Just doing my share to keep this fresh, any luck yet !?!  

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
I spoke with Michael today

I spoke with Michael today who has a co-worker who he thinks may be able to use it.  He'll be trying to hook that up soon.  He understands first come first serve, and just wants to see me get rid of the credit.  So anyone out there looking, it's still available right now.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Ok, Michael emailed back and

Ok, Michael emailed back and is not able to use the ticket, and his co-worker has tons of free miles and a free round trip ticket with them already so..... back to square one.

Still looking to get rid of this credit.  Thanks in advance!

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
I might have someone

But I will know more after this weekend, as I am heading to Rochester NY to meet with them, and I know they do a lot of travelling in the US, but I will write back on Sunday.

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
good thinking

Good Idea getting rid of the SWA credit, Brian...they probably would detain Kelly anyway: http://www.unlearnnow.com/SouthwestAirlines.html  ...unless of course, she were to wear a house coat and put her hair up in curlers...

Boon Docks
User is offlineOffline
Beware

Rich Woods wrote:

Good Idea getting rid of the SWA credit, Brian...they probably would detain Kelly anyway: http://www.unlearnnow.com/SouthwestAirlines.html  ...unless of course, she were to wear a house coat and put her hair up in curlers...

The Gestapo is watching your every move.  This is so close to the patriot act.

Kay Cat
Superfan
Kay Cat's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rich Woods wrote:Good Idea

Rich Woods wrote:

Last I checked, Ted Kennedy is still on the terrorist watch list. Of course a hot atheist mama with a show will be on the list if a moderate liberal Senator from the Kennedy clan is.

Vote for McCain... www.therealmccain.com ...and he'll bring Jesus back

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Bump!  Still looking for a

Bump!  Still looking for a transferee!

zomeister (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
i'm interested

i'm interested, but i'm wondering if it will be a problem whent he names on the credit card don't match up.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
No it will not be a

No it will not be a problem.  It's a transferable credit already approved to be used by anyone.  You'll enter a code that I have into your online reservation ticket maker.  If there is a problem I will refund the money, or get Southwest to accept the credit.  I've been guaranteed by their customer service that this will work.  I can also call in afterwards to see if it did in fact work.

Let me know, still looking.

matt (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
swa ticket

Hey I think I can help you.  Email me at [email protected] and let's discuss this! 

Rebecca (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Southwest Airlines Credit

Hi, I am interested in buying your Southwest Airlines Credit, but I need it ASAP to book a flight for this weekend. Please email me at :

[email protected] and let me know if it is still available and if you can work on this transaction with me ASAP via email to get it done. I can pay you via PAYPAL tonite !!!

Thank you, Rebecca

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Ok, I'm holding transactions

Ok, I'm holding transactions for tonight to give Rebecca a chance to complete the transaction.  If you're reading this Rebecca, check your email.

Connie (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Southwest Flight Credit

Do you still have the credit for sale?

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
 Yes the credit is still

Yes the credit is still available, needing to get rid of it.  Let me know.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Ok, I'm lowering the price

Ok, I'm lowering the price to get rid of this credit.... $150 for a $237.80 credit!

Help out if you need to fly somewhere Southwest Airlines flies and your travel will be complete by 12-08-08.

drbo (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
SWA flight credit

I'm very familiar with the use of SWA flight credits.  Please contact me through email if this credit is still available for sale.  Just remove the stars from the address listed below and you'll be in direct contact with me.

I will look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

David

h*o*t*s*w*a*p*t*r*a*y at g*m*a*i*l* dot com

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
drbo wrote:I'm very familiar

drbo wrote:

I'm very familiar with the use of SWA flight credits.  Please contact me through email if this credit is still available for sale.  Just remove the stars from the address listed below and you'll be in direct contact with me.

I will look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

David

h*o*t*s*w*a*p*t*r*a*y at g*m*a*i*l* dot com

I sent you a letter via my hotmail address as the credit is still available. 

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
It's finally gone!!! WOOT!

It's finally gone!!! WOOT!