19 month old found dead in suitcase: one mind ministries charged with murder

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
19 month old found dead in suitcase: one mind ministries charged with murder

Here is the STORY

I feel sick after reading this. Even though stories of abuse to children (religiously motivated or not) have been heard before, it just doesn't become less shocking for me.

"A toddler whose remains were found inside a suitcase in Philadelphia in the spring was starved to death by members of a religious cult, including his mother, in part because he refused to say "amen" after meals, police said"

This is the opening line. The sick feeling I had in the pit of my stomach continued throughout the article until I get to this part:

"Another unnamed informant told police that after Javon died, Antoinette left the boy's body in a room for more than a week, claiming "God was going to raise Javon from the dead," the documents show.

Afterward, Antoinette burned the boy's clothing and a mattress and placed his body in a green suitcase, which she would periodically open and spray with disinfectant to mask the odor, police said in the court documents."

....this is where the anger kicked in. Seriously, how deluded does a MOTHER have to be ?

MichaelMcF
Science Freak
MichaelMcF's picture
User is offlineOffline
No words

And here was me thinking I couldn't be more disgusted with people

M

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
How the fuck do they expect

How the fuck do they expect a 19 month old to even know what that shit's about?

nikimoto
nikimoto's picture
User is offlineOffline
The grandmother of Javon

The grandmother of Javon said the Maryland Department of Social Services failed to respond to several calls she made to warn it the baby might be in danger.

According to her they said that it was not their job and that she needed to bring proof that the baby was in danger. Strange....that isn't the way it works here, as far as I know.

MORE Story....

www.examiner.com/a-1390156~Records_say_cult_killed_baby_because_he_was_a__demon_.html

Boon Docks
User is offlineOffline
Sanity

How do these people sleep at night ?  Are there any siblings to be concerned about, and where is the rest of the family, grandparents ??  These type of events should be punished by death penalty.

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
Boon Docks wrote:    How

Boon Docks wrote:

How do these people sleep at night ?  Are there any siblings to be concerned about, and where is the rest of the family, grandparents ??  These type of events should be punished by death penalty.

They could follow that old saying "an eye for an eye" - cut out their tongues, sew their mouth together and ask them to say amen.(this would the closest they could come to the speaking ability of a little person under 2 years old) If they don't say amen- beat them. (they will already not be able to eat since their mouth is sewed shut) When they die put them in a suitcase and place it in a shed for 2 years-

Man, it sounds cruel even for those who subjected the child to it...

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
One more piece of evidence

One more piece of evidence on how fucked up religion is.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
Renee Obsidianwords

Renee Obsidianwords wrote:

They could follow that old saying "an eye for an eye" - cut out their tongues, sew their mouth together and ask them to say amen.(this would the closest they could come to the speaking ability of a little person under 2 years old) If they don't say amen- beat them. (they will already not be able to eat since their mouth is sewed shut) When they die put them in a suitcase and place it in a shed for 2 years-

I vote for this for punishment ^_^

No no, it sounds cruel when THEY do it, but it sounds like justice when WE do it to them 

What Would Kharn Do?

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Renee Obsidianwords

Boon Docks wrote:

I just thought of a fitting benificial punishment.

A life sentence to community service. Every Sunday morning they should have to stand in front of a different church with a big sign that reads "THERE IS NO GOD"

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.

GermanMike
Blogger
GermanMike's picture
User is offlineOffline
This story about religious

This story about religious bigotry actually made it across the Atlantic and appeared even in German today

http://www.stern.de/politik/panorama/:USA-Ermordet%2C-Amen/634439.html?id=634439

-----------------------------------------------------

Who asks me inappropiate questions also has to live with the answers I may give.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Boon Docks wrote:    How

Boon Docks wrote:

Unfortunately, some folks use their religion to cover up the fact that they're sociopaths/psychopaths.

Those folks sleep like babies.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Why do these fucktards keep

Why do these fucktards keep seeming to think the kids they kill will rise from the dead? Before these morons were the ones in Wisconsin whose daughter died from untreated diabetes. Are they that fucking deluded that they think corpses can reanimate spontaneously after being dead a fucking week? Even Jesus wasn't dead that long in their fairy tale.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey, wait a minute...Why

Hey, wait a minute...

Why didn't Jesus raise Javon from the dead? Sticking out tongue

See, Christians? Your religion really IS just a pile of filth. Smiling

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

anniet
Silver Member
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:Why do

MattShizzle wrote:

Why do these fucktards keep seeming to think the kids they kill will rise from the dead?  . . .  Are they that fucking deluded that they think corpses can reanimate spontaneously after being dead a fucking week? Even Jesus wasn't dead that long in their fairy tale.

There is obviously a disconnect from consequences and reality here.  This is pure speculation, but I bet it never entered this mother's mind that the child could die from starvation. 

I would think it would be quite a shock to have your child die under such circumstances.  You know something isn't right, so you expect god to come and fix things.  I'm sure this isn't what's going on all the time, but if you're deluded, going all the way with that delusion makes sense.

"I am that I am." - Proof that the writers of the bible were beyond stoned.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
They are Christians.

They are Christians.  Christians are taught to emulate their Savior. 

In keeping with that sentiment I suggest that the Christian baby killers should be crucified.  Yes, I think that some old school Roman justice would do nicely for these demented folk.

WWJD ?

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm puzzled.  No theists

I'm puzzled.  No theists have chimed in to say, "Ok... these folks are crazy.  This doesn't prove that religion is harmful.  There will always be crazy people.  It's not religion's fault."

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
What the fuck would Jesus do

What the fuck would Jesus do ? , Jesus wept ....    NO IDOLS ....  What would Buddha do? What can we do? Sue all the churches for fraud, etc etc  .... 

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
So F-ing Sad

Whenever I hear a story about a child getting abused,it really makes me wonder about our society and its priorities.The government makes you pass a test in order to drive,or a license to fish,etc...but if you want to have a kid-hey every thing goes,you can teach him or her all of your stupid ideas,like indoctrinate them with a religious belief and so on. WHY?  

Signature ? How ?

Fanas
User is offlineOffline
If I still had some faith in

If I still had some faith in humanity i would have lost it now. But I lost it years ago. Humanity is sometimes so disgusting.

Mazid the Raider
Rational VIP!Science Freak
Mazid the Raider's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow again.

So exactly at which point does a person become so unhinged that they would do something like this? At what point does a woman think the life of her child is worth less than what he doesn't say after dinner?

Sick. Truly sick.

"But still I am the Cat who walks by himself, and all places are alike to me!" ~Rudyard Kipling

Mazid the Raider says: I'd rather face the naked truth than to go "augh, dude, put some clothes on or something" and hand him some God robes, cause you and I know that the naked truth is pale, hairy, and has an outie
Entomophila says: Ew. AN outie