Rook's Credentials. The Final Smackdown [Trollville]

theist
theist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rook's Credentials. The Final Smackdown [Trollville]

Can anybody on this board tell me Rook's credentials? Does he have a college degree that focusses on the concepts addressed on this board or other type of training? Thanks.

Rook_Hawkins
RRS CO-FOUNDER
Rook_Hawkins's picture
User is offlineOffline
No.  Now that we have that

No.  Now that we have that out of the way, can you address the issues now?

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
He's self taught, his

He's self taught, his training would be the equivalent of 8-10 years of college.

Rook_Hawkins
RRS CO-FOUNDER
Rook_Hawkins's picture
User is offlineOffline
The word would be

The word would be autodidact.

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rook_Hawkins wrote:The word

Rook_Hawkins wrote:
The word would be autodidact.
Ah, the sort of person who agrees with Samuel Clemens, who once said "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

HeyZeusCreaseToe
Superfan
HeyZeusCreaseToe's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is just getting old, I

This is just getting old, I mean seriously. Its not like Rook is claiming to be an unlicensed doctor never having touched a human cadaver or an astrophysicist that can't perform calculus. His writings involve researching relevant materials(ie reading), deciphering and interpreting established scholars work(ie critical thinking and analysis) on the subject, then commenting on and putting together topical essays on pertinent aspects of Judeo-Christian history(ie writing).

I think this is just a continual smokescreen to attack the person rather than the merits of that person's ideas and statements.

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda

Kay Cat
Superfan
Kay Cat's picture
User is offlineOffline
HeyZeusCreaseToe wrote:This

HeyZeusCreaseToe wrote:

This is just getting old, I mean seriously. Its not like Rook is claiming to be an unlicensed doctor never having touched a human cadaver or an astrophysicist that can't perform calculus. His writings involve researching relevant materials(ie reading), deciphering and interpreting established scholars work(ie critical thinking and analysis) on the subject, then commenting on and putting together topical essays on pertinent aspects of Judeo-Christian history(ie writing).

I think this is just a continual smokescreen to attack the person rather than the merits of that person's ideas and statements.

I agree. If it weren't for self taught scientists, we wouldn't have computers today. Some things have to be discovered on their own by amateurs before they can even be used in classrooms.

Vote for McCain... www.therealmccain.com ...and he'll bring Jesus back

Boon Docks
User is offlineOffline
Trained

He may not have a formal education, but he is house trained.  Are you ? 

I'm thinking not a lot of the theists here are college material.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
... and that's why I'm

... and that's why I'm locking the thread now. 

[EDIT BY HAMBYDAMMIT: This, by the way, is an example of extreme pwnage with the truth.  This argument has never held any water, and Rook handled this question better than any other time it's come up.  We're saving this thread for posterity in Trollville, where it belongs.]