I don't like your site because of tits.

RationalRespons...
RationalResponseSquad's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't like your site because of tits.

rrs auto email wrote:
Hello ThruTraffic, We haven't seen you since Jul 07, 2008 at http://www.RationalResponders.com. Please come back and visit us soon at http://www.rationalresponders.com. If you never
received your confirmation email we can help you get going. Just let us know if you need the help.

In Rationality,

The Rational Response Squad

RESPONSE from Thru Traffic wrote:

You haven’t seen me because visiting your site and watching your videos that you seemed to be about as much about your honey showing off her breasts as seeking the truth. Frankly I thought she demeaned your visibility. There is a time and place for that (and nothing wrong with it) but I think it's in a men's club and not in our struggle. It's one more thing they can use against us "see, those atheists have no morals" or "yeah, you can see what those atheists are really about".

Our return email... 

Ok we deleted you from the website.  We have tons of people with tits that visit the site, we figured this would be for the best. 

Happy Christian brainwashed morality to you!

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
RationalResponseSquad

RationalResponseSquad wrote:

Our return email... 

Ok we deleted you from the website.  We have tons of people with tits that visit the site, we figured this would be for the best. 

I don't know if I love you guys because you're assholes, or if that's just coincidental. Solidarity and all. But you guys are such assholes that it brings a tear of joy to my ill-mannered eye.

(Honestly, though - good self-restraint not adding "... you self-important blowhard wanker douchebag," as I probably wouldn't have been able to resist.)

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm actually going to kinda

I'm actually going to kinda agree here.I wouldn't leave the site because of it, but one of the reasons I've never jumped in the 'Oh Kelly you're so hot' bandwagon is because I don't find it attractive. I don't see what being (objectively) good looking as to do with atheism as a whole.

Just because someone doesn't buy into the sex symbol culture, they have been brainwashed by christianity?

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Loc wrote:I'm actually going

Loc wrote:

I'm actually going to kinda agree here.I wouldn't leave the site because of it, but one of the reasons I've never jumped in the 'Oh Kelly you're so hot' bandwagon is because I don't find it attractive. I don't see what being (objectively) good looking as to do with atheism as a whole.

The only part I found lame was the self-righteousness of "our struggle". There aren't any trumpets blaring in this strictly mental conflict, we're just talking here. And we talk shit a lot of the time. It's the internet - that's just the nature of the beast. If you don't want to be inundated with tits, stay off the internet.

Oh, and the fact that atheists are more attractive is merely a coincidence. We can't help it. Look in the mirror and just admit it.

Loc wrote:
Just because someone doesn't buy into the sex symbol culture, they have been brainwashed by christianity?

I think you're right - to be perfectly correct, it would have been "happy brainwashed puritanical morality".

fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Loc wrote:I'm actually going

Loc wrote:

And when the Christian sites pander to that same sex symbol culture, does that make their pandering holy?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:And when the

jcgadfly wrote:

And when the Christian sites pander to that same sex symbol culture, does that make their pandering holy?

Uh, obviously. Haven't you heard any of the AWESOME Christian rap?

Oh, I'm gagging after writing that. I'm going to need a drink of water.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
HisWillness wrote:jcgadfly

HisWillness wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Uh, obviously. Haven't you heard any of the AWESOME Christian rap?

Oh, I'm gagging after writing that. I'm going to need a drink of water.

Will, you knew the job was risky when you signed on Smiling.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Loc wrote:Just because

Loc wrote:

It's not a sex symbol culture they need to buy into.  They need to accept that humans should utilize the freedom to do what they choose with their bodies.  The person admitted themselves that it's religious people they are succumbing to.  Stating that it's another thing for Christians to say something negative about.  Instead of bowing down to the Christian that says "you atheists are evil because Kelly was utilizing her beauty to her advantage" the atheist can take the time to explain why humans have different evolutionary advantages, how they work, what they are, and why they should and do get used.  The Christian that is bitching has the evolutionary advantage of speech, but have you ever heard an atheist say I don't like you Mr. Christian because it's clear you're just one of them... one of those people who utilizes your vocal chords to your advantage?  The notion that sexuality is some sort of secretive advantage that shouldn't be utilized in the same vein as muscular and mental advantages spawns from religion.  And the notion that you should change who you are or who you want to be because of said religion, is succumbing to the religious powers. 

We've only got one life to live, and I'll be damned if this life I live (or anyone I care about) will be governed solely on what religious people think of me.  Giving in to that, worrying about what they think of how you act is pathetic.  The bearer of such a mentality has been brainwashed by religion that such sexuality is wrong.  That the weight of your philosophical arguments diminishes when you exude such sexuality.  Such logic needs to be challenged at every turn, not given in to.  Those who would give in to such logic, rather than address it don't deserve to consider themselves part of "The Rational Response Squad."  It is not rational to succumb to 1,700 year old archaic and illogical beliefs, those who do are likely brainwashed... even as atheists.

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:We've only got

Sapient wrote:

We've only got one life to live, and I'll be damned if this life I live (or anyone I care about) will be governed solely on what religious people think of me.  Giving in to that, worrying about what they think of how you act is pathetic.  The bearer of such a mentality has been brainwashed by religion that such sexuality is wrong.  That the weight of your philosophical arguments diminishes when you exude such sexuality.  Such logic needs to be challenged at every turn, not given in to.  Those who would give in to such logic, rather than address it don't deserve to consider themselves part of "The Rational Response Squad."  It is not rational to succumb to 1,700 year old archaic and illogical beliefs, those who do are likely brainwashed... even as atheists.

Hear, hear!

This is the sort of fire rational thought should inspire. (Hah! I rhymed!) Atheism and rationalism do not make us passionless, smug assholes. Nor do they cause us to subvert our personality to some imagined "cause."

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers

Sleestack
Sleestack's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think America (in general)

I think America (in general) has a problem with the human body and sex. If you don't like it, "turn the channel". I'm glad you deleted that persons account.

Quote:
We have tons of people with tits that visit the site

Hmmmm, a ton of tits, now that would be interesting...

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
....site.......tits.

It is not Kelly's   'assets' that bring me to this site, nor her 'personalities', and  you cant hold her 'attributes' against me (but I wish you would) because I agree with her.  Her 'headlights' show the way to enlightenment, her tight fitting RRS T- shirts have my attention for the simply fantastic 'statement' they make.  Her brests are irrelevent to the 'exclamations' she makes to the 'point' she is trying to get across.  And her 'points' are well known to any who scan her 'blogs'.  I truely believe Kelly has the greatest 'blogs' on this site. 

Long live Kelly's    'blogs' and thanks for the mammery's.

Edit:  ......er memories.   (what are you guys looking at?)

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I would agree with the

I would agree with the emailer if she was constantly flashing and/or if she had nothing worthwhile to say, but neither is obviously the case. If someone doesn't like it don't look.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tits are a particular

Tits are a particular problem for a lot of people not just because of religion, but also because of some genetic hardwiring.  Put simply, we are all very conscious of our bodies and their relative attractiveness to other people, and let's be honest about this... when you start including people beyond their sexual prime in the equation, around 80% of Americans are considered less than stunningly attractive.  It's not socially couth to mention that looks really do matter and that we are constantly being judged by them, and that pretty people do get more things handed to them in life, and tall men with broad shoulders do get better jobs.  Nevertheless, it's true.

The fact is, sex sells.  It's not because of some corporate machine that is forcing unnatural standards upon us.  It's because we all like to look at pretty people on some level, and we all have sex on the brain to some degree or another.  This site is about rationalism, not just atheism.  The simple acknowledgment that people like sex and that there's nothing wrong with that is part of being a rational person.  You want to see a site that uses sex to sell freethinking?  Check out The 1585.  The RRS simply has a hot girl who happens to also be a bitchin' smart atheist smackdown artist.  We're not going to hide that fact, but neither are we going to put naked spreads of her on every page.  We're not exploiting sex to sell a website.  We're acknowledging sex as one part of the rational life.

By the way, if you haven't read them, now would be a good time to read my articles on sex... particularly the one about mythology and sex  (the first one listed below).

On Myth, Sexuality, and Culture

What Science Says About Human Sexuality

What's So Great About Sex?

Intro to Sexual Selection and Runaway

Female Sexuality and Origins

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

HeyZeusCreaseToe
Superfan
HeyZeusCreaseToe's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think when the topic of

I think when the topic of tits arises, one should always err on the side of more rather than less. Unfortunately, as far as I have seen, there is a serious lack of bare breasted cuties here, but since this is site related to rationality, atheism, and all things skeptical....the small doses of boobage are a breath of fresh air to me.

Give me boobs, or give me death!

HeyZeusCreaseToe

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda

Longhaulr
User is offlineOffline
Imagine that!

Hmmmm....

Funny how a fairly rational response was passed off as "Christian brainwashed morality" so quickly. Doesn't that sound like a christian's mindless response to our (anti-theist) arguments.

I grew up in a family full of southern baptist preachers and was slated to be one by fiat until my own disbelief was strong enough to tear me away. That was ~35 years ago. I've been the hell bound blacksheep of the family since. Always the one to say it like it was and pay the price for it. Willingly.

Anyway, that's how they always responded to my speaking the truth about their religion; "oh, you and your atheist brainwashed morality". Funny thing, I was a loner. Not sure I even really knew what an atheist was back then. All I knew was that the bible and what those folks preached was a serious crock of shit.

Time to find another Hitchens debate video!

Wishing you all a godless life from here in the bible belt where atheists have big brass ones!! Smiling May the Four Horsemen ride forever!

Recommended reading:
====================================
The God Delusion - Richard Dawkins
god is not great - Christopher Hitchens
Letters to a Christian Nation - Sam Harris
Letters to a Young Contrarian - Christpher Hitchens
The Selfish Gene - Richard Dawkins
Everything you Know About God is Wrong - Russ Kick
The End of Faith - Sam Harris
A Devil's Chaplain - Richard Dawkins
The Missionary Position - Christopher Hitches
The Quotable Atheist - Jack Huberman
(Didn't lie the FSM Gospel)
The Portable Atheist - Christopher Hitchens

And that video "The God Who Wasn't There" they sell here is pretty good too.

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Longhaulr

Longhaulr wrote:
Hmmmm....

Funny how a fairly rational response was passed off as "Christian brainwashed morality" so quickly. Doesn't that sound like a christian's mindless response to our (anti-theist) arguments.

What was so rational about that response? It sure looked to me to be an emotional response based on puritanical sexuality taboo.

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I think he's just mad

I think he's just mad because his girlfriend was looking over his shoulder when he was watching the video.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:What was so rational

Quote:
What was so rational about that response? It sure looked to me to be an emotional response based on puritanical sexuality taboo.

From where I sit* an aversion to sexuality has a rational explanation, but it isn't an inherently rational position.  That is to say, there are tons of legitimate reasons why a person would (forgive me) get their panties in a bunch about seeing a good looking girl showing off her body.  I'm going to list a bunch of them, and check this out... I'm making the disclaimer right now that none of these reasons are universal -- that is, not everyone who is opposed to boobs is opposed to them for some or all of these reasons -- and someone later in this thread is going to get mad about me lumping them into a generalization.  They're going to say, "That's not why I don't like boobs.  My reason is blah blah blah, and my reason is a really good one."  (Nevermind that it's probably not going to be scientifically accurate, but whatever...) Anyway, here goes:

* People who don't have a good enough body to sell sometimes feel cheated or disadvantaged, and want a more level playing field

* Sexual abuse often sours people's views on sexuality, particularly when they have been told the abuse was their own fault for being "slutty."

* Early religious indoctrination that sex is dirty is very, very, very difficult to shake in adulthood.  Many people who ditch the religion hold onto the religious views of sex.

* Regardless of religious indoctrination, America has an almost bipolar view of sex.  It's everywhere, and yet it's constantly being suppressed.  Should we be surprised when people have mixed emotions about it as adults?  Our cultural indoctrination is as strong as our religious indoctrination as children.

* Many people think that exposure to sex is harmful to children.  (This has never been demonstrated scientifically, and the opposite actually appears to be true, but nevermind the facts...)  The instinct to protect the children causes an exaggerated response to displays of sexuality.

* The culture of enforced strict monogamy perpetuates the myth that lusting after someone other than your mate is always bad.  Many people (women especially) feel threatened when their man gets to look at someone better looking than them in a socially approved way.  This can lead to the view that sexual advertising is bad.

* Many people are more afraid of STDs than the facts warrant, and are convinced that overt displays of sexuality are turning us all into horny bunnies, happily humping anything that passes by.  This could lead to the view that sexual advertising is bad.

* Many people (especially women) think of sexual advertising as being exploitive.  Since some women are exploited sexually, they conclude that any use of women's sexuality is exploitive.

* Some people think that a man's opinion of a woman goes down if he thinks of her as "a piece of meat."

The list could go on and on.  The fact is, each of these beliefs forms a solid foundation for a justified belief that sex shouldn't be used so much in advertising.  We need to realize that belief can be justified without being true.  In other words, regardless of whether any of these things are actually true (or true within the correct context), if someone believes them to be true, their belief that sexual advertising is bad is a justified belief.  If these things turn out to be false, or only partially true, we can say that they lead to a justified and untrue belief.

* I should note that where I sit is in a chair occupied by someone very learned in the science of human sexuality.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

netjaeger
netjaeger's picture
User is offlineOffline
4 or agin

Good eve,

I will admit to being fuzzybrained after reading the thread.

Is this for Tits or against Tits.

Personal, I find 4 to be the more attractive position.

tq

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Longhaulr

Longhaulr wrote:

Hmmmm....

Funny how a fairly rational response was passed off as "Christian brainwashed morality" so quickly. 

Hey thrutraffic, you know Jill Swift has breasts and she responded to you?  OH NOES!

Anyway, you said you didn't want to be part of this place, and frankly I wouldn't want to stand alongside of you in any battle against irrationality.  In fact, you said in email... "just fucking go away!" and "I've linked your videos to my porn favorites for those special times when I'm alone."  (your deeper issues show themselves here)

... OHHHHHH I guess you were alone!  Stop jerking off to my girl if you're gonna bitch about it.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline

BEHOLD YOUR GOD !!!

Kay Cat
Superfan
Kay Cat's picture
User is offlineOffline
Prozac, those black pasty

Prozac, those black pasty bits make that look rather gross.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

BEHOLD YOUR GOD !!!

Way to give the Christians something to bitch about! 

I wonder if the Christians bitch at god at all for creating the tits, or just the atheists for not being scared of them.

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:From where

Hambydammit wrote:
From where I sit* an aversion to sexuality has a rational explanation, but it isn't an inherently rational position.  That is to say, there are tons of legitimate reasons why a person would (forgive me) get their panties in a bunch about seeing a good looking girl showing off her body.  I'm going to list a bunch of them, and check this out... I'm making the disclaimer right now that none of these reasons are universal -- that is, not everyone who is opposed to boobs is opposed to them for some or all of these reasons -- and someone later in this thread is going to get mad about me lumping them into a generalization.  They're going to say, "That's not why I don't like boobs.  My reason is blah blah blah, and my reason is a really good one."  (Nevermind that it's probably not going to be scientifically accurate, but whatever...) Anyway, here goes: <trim>
Yes, yes. But I was talking specifically of the response. He may feel any of the various things you listed or combinations thereof, but the primary failing is in the assumption that his sexual taboo standards trumped everyone else's - that is to say, he placed the onus on his decision to leave on the RRS where the fact is it is his responsibility through and through.

Disagreement is one thing. Indignation is another.

Hambydammit wrote:
* I should note that where I sit is in a chair occupied by someone very learned in the science of human sexuality.
Yeah, every guy likes to think that. (Sorry, just teasin'.)

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:Hey

Sapient wrote:
Hey thrutraffic, you know Jill Swift has breasts and she responded to you?  OH NOES!
Does this mean I should post a picture of my tits?  I've been told I've got quite a set of knockers.

Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick wrote:      It

Jeffrick wrote:

It is not Kelly's   'assets' that bring me to this site,

<SNIP>

I'm just here for Kelly's milkshake.

Allegedly it brings all the boys to the yard. She has a graph, it must be true.

How can not believing in something that is backed up with no empirical evidence be less scientific than believing in something that not only has no empirical evidence but actually goes against the laws of the universe and in many cases actually contradicts itself? - Ricky Gervais

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
For all those who have a

For all those who have a problem with this:

kenderoth
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:Loc wrote:Just

Sapient wrote:

Loc wrote:

It's not a sex symbol culture they need to buy into.  They need to accept that humans should utilize the freedom to do what they choose with their bodies.  The person admitted themselves that it's religious people they are succumbing to.  Stating that it's another thing for Christians to say something negative about.  Instead of bowing down to the Christian that says "you atheists are evil because Kelly was utilizing her beauty to her advantage" the atheist can take the time to explain why humans have different evolutionary advantages, how they work, what they are, and why they should and do get used.  The Christian that is bitching has the evolutionary advantage of speech, but have you ever heard an atheist say I don't like you Mr. Christian because it's clear you're just one of them... one of those people who utilizes your vocal chords to your advantage?  The notion that sexuality is some sort of secretive advantage that shouldn't be utilized in the same vein as muscular and mental advantages spawns from religion.  And the notion that you should change who you are or who you want to be because of said religion, is succumbing to the religious powers. 

Word bitchez!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Sapient

Sapient wrote:

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

BEHOLD YOUR GOD !!!

Way to give the Christians something to bitch about! 

I wonder if the Christians bitch at god at all for creating the tits, or just the atheists for not being scared of them.

I am not scared of them. In fact, I just did some home improvement by spackling a a hole in the wall that I made with my baseball bat  when I made the hole in the first place by viewing the picture.

And just a reminder, "Seurat knew alot about dots". His only problem was that he didn't know when to exclude them.

That bastard took away the money shot and gave birth to black bars!

I WISH THERE WAS A TIME MACHINE SO I COULD FIND THAT BASTARD AND KILL HIM!

Humn? Does this mean he also gave birth to pixels?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:For all

MattShizzle wrote:

For all those who have a problem with this:

Ha, I thought I recognized that band.  I've got their CD "Three Sides to Every Story".   Extreme is good band....especially like their song Warheads.

Sadzaeater
Sadzaeater's picture
User is offlineOffline
JillSwift

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rofl. Prudes limit

Rofl. Prudes limit themselves so much it astounds me.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.