It's the oldest trick in the book that the enemy of God tricks you. [YOU RESPOND]

RationalRespons...
RationalResponseSquad's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's the oldest trick in the book that the enemy of God tricks you. [YOU RESPOND]

Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 5:29 PM
Subject: [General Question] It's not the truth

Wayne Forkum sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.

It's not the truth that hurts--it will be the realization of the truth.  So
sad to see mere mortals trying so intensely to prove His existence does not
exist.  Gravity holds you here, you are one heartbeat from eternity, live
in world that is surely coming to an end.  Yet you wish to deny the very
One that shed His sinless blood for you.  It is the oldest trick in the
book that the enemy of God tricks you, through your nature from birth, to
become your own worst enemy.  You do not need religion.  You need a God
given revelation.  You do not need to be condemned for that is not the
Love of God for you.

He would be your greatest Friend. He has no ax to grind with anyone.  Obey
Acts:38 That is the beginning of revelation into the greatest Friend you
will ever have.  He did not send His Son into the world to condemn the
world.  The body of Christ on the Earth is not a religion but an
experience. One on one and that is how He deals with us.  Where are we
going to go?  It is a very tiny planet.  We are all just one heartbeat
from eternity.  Fact.  Spend your energy coming close to Him instead of
wasting it trying to deny Him. Its not the truth that hurts but the
realization of the truth.

Sleestack
Sleestack's picture
User is offlineOffline
RationalResponseSquad

RationalResponseSquad wrote:

Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 5:29 PM
Subject: [General Question] It's not the truth

Wayne Forkum sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.

It's not the truth that hurts--it will be the realization of the truth.  So
sad to see mere mortals trying so intensely to prove His existence does not
exist.  Gravity holds you here, you are one heartbeat from eternity, live
in world that is surely coming to an end.  Yet you wish to deny the very
One that shed His sinless blood for you.  It is the oldest trick in the
book that the enemy of God tricks you, through your nature from birth, to
become your own worst enemy.  You do not need religion.  You need a God
given revelation.  You do not need to be condemned for that is not the
Love of God for you.

No, the oldest trick in the book is to get people to believe in supernatural stories and follow blindly. You are correct though, we do not need religion.

Quote:
He would be your greatest Friend. He has no ax to grind with anyone.  Obey
Acts:38 That is the beginning of revelation into the greatest Friend you
will ever have.  He did not send His Son into the world to condemn the
world.  The body of Christ on the Earth is not a religion but an
experience. One on one and that is how He deals with us.  Where are we
going to go?  It is a very tiny planet.  We are all just one heartbeat
from eternity.  Fact.  Spend your energy coming close to Him instead of
wasting it trying to deny Him. Its not the truth that hurts but the
realization of the truth.

Yes, this is a very tiny planet when compared to the other planets beyond the Asteroid Belt. I'd rather spend my energy making sure that my family and myself are happy and taken care of. You lose points for being redundant.

AmericanIdle
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, the oldest trick in

Yeah, the oldest trick in the book would be to get you to read a book of fiction and convince you that it's true............Oh and to get you to stop reading all others.

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
George Orwell

izackcarson
User is offlineOffline
No one is trying to prove

No one is trying to prove that god doesn't exist.  What has been noted is that the proof of god claimed by religion does not exist.  The god imagery created by any religion is no more real than fairy tale.  I will not live my life as if Zeus is looking over my shoulder.  Why should I act as if Yahweh is?  They are both imaginary beings.

"You do not need religion.  You need a God given revelation."

If you agree that religion is unnecessary then you should have no problem with the views expressed on this site and should not be calling atheists enemy.  And how exactly does this revelation you refer to exist apart from religion?  I will admit that mushrooms and LSD are nice.  They do alter ones perspective on life and the universe temporarily, but I highly doubt that is what you are referring to.

"He would be your greatest Friend. He has no ax to grind with anyone. "

Per biblical doctrine, the god of the bible would have me stoned.  No way around it.

"We are all just one heartbeat from eternity.  "

What does that mean?  We exist in the here and now.  Although 4th dimensional time possibilities are quite intriguing, we seem to be 3 dimensional beings.  It is possible that each one of us is just part of a collection of energy that we can't measure that stretches through time, but that is pure speculation.  I'm not going to state it as fact and expect others to believe it and order their lives according to my speculation.

Religion purports to give one answers to the meaning of life and the universe.  The answers given are pure speculation.  It's ok to question the nature of ones existence.  It's not ok to state that you have an explanation for everything and no longer need to think about these types of questions.  I'm not interested in salvation from having to think.  I'm interested in critically thinking about just exactly who and what I am.

Visual_Paradox
atheistRational VIP!Special Agent
Visual_Paradox's picture
User is offlineOffline
You've been had. Jesus is

You've been had. Jesus is Satan. Repent of your ways!

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Repent your Christian jesus.

Repent your Christian jesus. Jesus is atheist and against idol worship. The bible is a devil edit .... We are the Christ.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
You have been tricked just

You have been tricked just like believers in Allah and just like the Ancient Egyptians who believed the sun was a thinking being. You've been tricked just like idiots who believe in faith healing and phychic detectives.

You really believe that the magical claims in your holy book are real? You really want me to believe that their is a man in a white robe battling a man in a red leotard with a pitchfork? You want me to believe that the neurons in my head are magically influenced by these two?

I am sorry that you cant face that there is no such thing as magic. I am sorry that you cant face that there is no such thing as ghostsperm. I am sorry that you cant face that dead human flesh does not survive rigor mortis. But, don't worry, you are in the same boat as people who believe in Big Foot and horriscopes. No one is getting 72 virgins. Vishnu and Thor and Jesus and elohim are merely fictitious inventions of the human mind that unfortunately people buy as fact. You might as well believe that Harry Potter is real.

I only hope for your intellectual sake that someday you outgrow this false need for myth. You can escape this mind shackle if you really want to. But, it requires intellectually bravery in the ability to be introspective in questioning one's own claims. If I can give up on myth, you can too.

Just as most humans now know the earth is a globe and not flat, just as we now know that heart, and not the brain, does the thinking, you too can give up on bad claims and embrace reality.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
You have been tricked just

You have been tricked just like believers in Allah and just like the Ancient Egyptians who believed the sun was a thinking being. You've been tricked just like idiots who believe in faith healing and phychic detectives.

You really believe that the magical claims in your holy book are real? You really want me to believe that their is a man in a white robe battling a man in a red leotard with a pitchfork? You want me to believe that the neurons in my head are magically influenced by these two?

I am sorry that you cant face that there is no such thing as magic. I am sorry that you cant face that there is no such thing as ghostsperm. I am sorry that you cant face that dead human flesh does not survive rigor mortis. But, don't worry, you are in the same boat as people who believe in Big Foot and horriscopes. No one is getting 72 virgins. Vishnu and Thor and Jesus and elohim are merely fictitious inventions of the human mind that unfortunately people buy as fact. You might as well believe that Harry Potter is real.

I only hope for your intellectual sake that someday you outgrow this false need for myth. You can escape this mind shackle if you really want to. But, it requires intellectually bravery in the ability to be introspective in questioning one's own claims. If I can give up on myth, you can too.

Just as most humans now know the earth is a globe and not flat, just as we now know that heart, and not the brain, does the thinking, you too can give up on bad claims and embrace reality.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Balrogoz
User is offlineOffline
Anyone other than me find it

Anyone other than me find it odd that christians believe god is all powerful, created everything, and was bested in a contest over his proudest creation by a snake?

To bad he needed that rest, maybe he could have reminded that chick that knowledge was bad.  At least he now has fundamentalists to do that.

If I have gained anything by damning myself, it is that I no longer have anything to fear. - JP Sartre

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Balrogoz No worry, Jesus

Balrogoz

No worry, Jesus saved us from all that     all in gods plan , as we are his special ones , and he loves us so much      

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
All I ask for is a little

All I ask for is a little coherency.  Can I get none?

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
I thought the oldest trick

I thought the oldest trick in the book was turning tricks. *shrug*

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
nigelTheBold wrote:I thought

nigelTheBold wrote:

I thought the oldest trick in the book was turning tricks. *shrug*

Religion and prostitution have kept each other in business for thousands of years...

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin