Famous Atheist Quotes

GaiusJanus
GaiusJanus's picture
User is offlineOffline
Famous Atheist Quotes

http://www.wonderfulatheistsofcfl.org/Quotes.htm

"The Bible is not my book nor Christianity my profession. I could never give assent to the long, complicated statements of Christian dogma."

- Abraham Lincoln, American president (1809-1865).

"Mr. Lincoln was not a Christian." -- Mary Todd Lincoln

The last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument: "It came from god."

Death Dragoon
Bronze Member
Death Dragoon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Lighthouses are more helpful

Lighthouses are more helpful then churches. — Benjamin Franklin

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." -Buddha

When once asked in the library if I believed in Jesus Christ, I pointed out that zombie novels are in the fiction section.

Death Dragoon
Bronze Member
Death Dragoon's picture
User is offlineOffline
"The world holds two classes

"The world holds two classes of men -- intelligent men without religion, and religious men without intelligence."-No idea

Creationists make it sound like a ‘theory’ is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night — Isaac Asimov

When once asked in the library if I believed in Jesus Christ, I pointed out that zombie novels are in the fiction section.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
"Question with boldness even

"Question with boldness even the existence of God, for if there be one, surely he would pay more homage to reason than to that of blindfolded fear" Thomas Jefferson

"As the government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion" Barbary Treaty(Treaty of Tripoli) signed without dissent by both houses of Congress and signed into law June 10th 1797 by President John Adams.

These are not atheist quotes per say, but they were quotes in support of maintaining Jefferson's wall between state and religion. The founders were of a variety of beliefs and certainly did defend freedom of religion. Christians falsely claim that means they are solely intitled to the drivers seat as far as public office. Which brings me to my favorite quote directly out of the United States Constitution, "NO RELIGIOUS TEST|".

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
"Faith is believing in that

"Faith is believing in that which you know ain't so" - Mark Twain

"All thinking men are atheists" - Ernest Hemmingway

"The hands that help are better far than lips that pray" - Robert Ingersoll

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

jmm
Theist
jmm's picture
User is offlineOffline
"The universe is just there,

"The universe is just there, and that's all." -- Bertrand Russell

A true intellectual. 

nikimoto
nikimoto's picture
User is offlineOffline
"The hands that help are far

"The hands that help are far better than the lips that pray."
  --  Robert G. Ingersoll

A fact never went into partnership with a miracle. Truth scorns the assistance of wonders. A fact will fit every other fact in the universe, and that is how you can tell whether it is or is not a fact. A lie will not fit anything except another lie.
Robert Green Ingersoll

Few nations have been so poor as to have but one god. Gods were made so easily, and the raw material cost so little, that generally the god market was fairly glutted and heaven crammed with these phantoms.
Robert Green Ingersoll

I will not attack your doctrines nor your creeds if they accord liberty to me. If they hold thought to be dangerous - if they aver that doubt is a crime, then I attack them one and all, because they enslave the minds of men.
Robert Green Ingersoll

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
"If you believe everything

"If you believe everything you read, you'd better not read" - Japanese Proverb

"Nothing fails like prayer" - Anne Laurie Gaylor

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team