American Dad cartoon

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
American Dad cartoon

I,m sure you all seen the episode of "American Dad"where his new found friend is an "ATHEIST"   

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ken G. wrote:  I,m sure you

Ken G. wrote:

I,m sure you all seen the episode of "American Dad"where his new found friend is an "ATHEIST"   

Those, who live in USA certainly saw it.
For others, first Wikipedia and then Youtube. (where any full episode is nowhere to be found)

Btw, is it worse than Simpsons and Futurama? Does it contain excessive level of  american humour of inner origin?
(I mean, flatulence, excrement, nether regions, and emetically - related humour, which deeply infected american cinematic production)
If yes, then our broadcasting councils protects their citizens very well. Otherwise, is this morally rotten, forbidden fruit of capitalistic West worthy of i.l-lxexg.axl download? (consider it without being caught)

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote :

Those who live in the USA certainly saw it,and does it have the same taste that the Simpson's and Futurama(I mean flatulence,excrement,nether regions etc..)  Well its a weird cartoon parody of an American Dad ,that works for the CIA ,a die hard conservative and his weird family members,an Alien from area 51 ? , a funny young 15 year old girl,who's a PEACENIK and a pre-adolescent boy who's a nerd and his crazy wife. ( What cracks me up about it,is the father's patriotism and religious beliefs) GOD & COUNTRY !     RA!                      

Signature ? How ?

Kay Cat
Superfan
Kay Cat's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:Btw, is it

Luminon wrote:

Btw, is it worse than Simpsons and Futurama? Does it contain excessive level of  american humour of inner origin?
(I mean, flatulence, excrement, nether regions, and emetically - related humour, which deeply infected american cinematic production)
If yes, then our broadcasting councils protects their citizens very well. Otherwise, is this morally rotten, forbidden fruit of capitalistic West worthy of i.l-lxexg.axl download? (consider it without being caught)

are you aware your questions are incoherent? I suggest for your next reading assignment to get the newest MLA handbook for English writing.

Vote for McCain... www.therealmccain.com ...and he'll bring Jesus back

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Kay Cat

YO! Kay Cat I just sent you  an Email concerning the Unitarian Universalist Association President Robert West and how the Pentagon Papers,were published by Beacon Press ,one of the departments of the church and how Daniel Ellsberg,and Mike Gravel (Alaska's senator)asked him to publish these papers that 35 other publishing houses refused to get involved with. What a story !          

Signature ? How ?

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kay Cat wrote:Luminon

Kay Cat wrote:

Luminon wrote:

are you aware your questions are incoherent? I suggest for your next reading assignment to get the newest MLA handbook for English writing.

Back in the deep communism era here, one local actor wanted to learn French. He attended his classes for a long time, and paid for them of course. When he finally got a permission to travel to France, he was quite surprised. Nobody there understood him, and he didn't understand anyone.
Later, he found out, that what he was taught wasn't French language, but some dialect of Normandian peasants.
So what dialect of what peasants I learned?

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

Kay Cat
Superfan
Kay Cat's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ken G. wrote: YO! Kay Cat I

Ken G. wrote:

YO! Kay Cat I just sent you  an Email concerning the Unitarian Universalist Association President Robert West and how the Pentagon Papers,were published by Beacon Press ,one of the departments of the church and how Daniel Ellsberg,and Mike Gravel (Alaska's senator)asked him to publish these papers that 35 other publishing houses refused to get involved with. What a story !          

I got that and responded. I do appreciate the fact you sent it to me, however, I've known that for some time, as I wear myself out moderating in political chatrooms with little recompense.

Kay Cat
Superfan
Kay Cat's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:Kay Cat

Luminon wrote:

Back in the deep communism era here, one local actor wanted to learn French. He attended his classes for a long time, and paid for them of course. When he finally got a permission to travel to France, he was quite surprised. Nobody there understood him, and he didn't understand anyone.
Later, he found out, that what he was taught wasn't French language, but some dialect of Normandian peasants.
So what dialect of what peasants I learned?

That wasn't what I meant and it's evident in my sentence. I can't see where you got this long, rambling monologue about other people learning French or Norman or Provencal or whatever when all I said was get an English language manual. I'm going to go further on that and suggest you acquire The Elements of Style by E.B. White and William Strunk Jr. You're in serious need of an education if you're going to presume to write in modern English. Also, for crying out loud stop placing  unwarranted quotes in your comments. It's irritating to have to reformat responses to deal with it. sheesh...

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sorry, my sense of humour is

Sorry, my sense of humour is somethimes too much creative. For a change, one image can say more than 1000 words.

Btw, very few people ever complained about my English, never enough to convince me that it's something really wrong with it. I usually think they're just grammar nazis. Of course, sometimes happens a thing like I find out that I was writing the word 'yesterday' wrongly for years, which makes me less sure about my grammar (which is otherwise perfect in my national language) I assumed that I would learn directly by reading a text, but now I suspect it doesn't work that way.
Ok, I'll take a look on the manual. And, btw, I plan someday to travel abroad and to test my grammar on humans. The contemporary tests on cats went fine, so I hope there will be no casualties.

MaximusThunderclap
User is offlineOffline
????

What happened to the American Dad part of this American Dad thread?

I love this show. It was created by Seth Mcfarlane (of Family guy fame... who is an athiest, you know) and two former writers (Mike something and Matt something... I believe one of them is a ...Barker)

Yes it is American comedy... but no it is not of the completely idiotic variety. Not all American comedy revolves around fart jokes (vulgarity has its place; but dont give it more credit than it deserves.)

These shows are not made by stupid people... they just have to cater to a wide audience to succeed and that means they, sometimes, have to resort to the lowest common denominator. It is unfair to criticize them for it. That would be a stupid thing to do... criticizing a sound business plan, geez.   

You cant pretend that we're the only ones who have to cater to idiots, anyways.  

Anyways, I like Klaus (the goldfish with the mind of a German Skier). The fact that Patrick Stewart plays deputy director bullok also fills my heart with joy (some of the things he says are just... nothng i would expect Jean-Luc Piccard to say.) 

I would link you to a site with all the episodes on it; but Im pretty sure its in a legal gray area (in the least) and I figure ut is easy enough to find just by typing "Watch tv sitcoms" into google.    

Like the real enemy visits this site...

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:3

I don't really like American Dad that much. It is something I could leave on if I'm not watch TV and just want background noise, but thats it.

If I'm going to watch an american made cartoon, it would be something like...invader zim, harvey birdman (@ law), or maybe even south park.

:3

Dethklok isn't bad either. Of course, that has a limited audience appeal.

The little glass vial goes into the gun like a battery.

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:Those,

Luminon wrote:
Those, who live in USA certainly saw it.

For others, first Wikipedia and then Youtube. (where any full episode is nowhere to be found)

Actually no, I have never even heard of the series before seeing this thread this morning. However, I do not have television at home by personal choice. If something is worth watching, people will talk about it and then I will check it out on the internet.

Even so, I watched several episodes at work today, courtesy of American tax dollars. Hey, I do that because I can. Whatever.

Luminon wrote:
Btw, is it worse than Simpsons and Futurama? Does it contain excessive level of american humour of inner origin?

OK, you are clearly missing some large parts of American humor. Allow me to clue you in.

Simpsons and Futurama are both done by Matt Groening. The fact is that when he first started working a national audience, he quickly became on the forefront of a new idea in American humor. Specifically, he puts references in his work that will miss the children. So there is stuff for the adult audience to watch while the kids are amused by fart jokes.

Groening goes further than just that. He put references in his work that only a few people will get and often only if they are lucky enough to catch them.

Now Luminon, I don't know just where you go with your offbeat stuff but Groening is a Freemason and he drops references into his work that only people who study the occult are likely to get. For example, one of the main characters is a guy who is as rich as Croesus and is the major employer in the city where all the action takes place.

In one episode, the Simpsons went to his house and for about five video frames, there is a scene where they turn the corner onto the street where his mansion is. It happens that Monty Burns lives on Mammon street. One simply must have a quick eye and the correct intellectual background to know what he did there.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Past that, Family Guy and American Dad are both done by Seth McFarlane. He is not so big on hidden jokes. Rather, he prefers to drop in what has come to be called “Manatees”. Basically, he randomly ignores the plot that he is developing to just go off on a tangent for a few seconds. One of his big ones is getting the main character to sing a few bars of “Surfin' Bird” by The Trash Men, a 60's song that really went nowhere back then but became well known by remakes in the 90's.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Luminon wrote:
Btw, very few people ever complained about my English, never enough to convince me that it's something really wrong with it.

Honestly Luminon, don't worry about your use of our language all that much. Honestly, foreigners often do way better on the internet than native speakers do. I would guess that this is because they are taught the formal rules and they often miss the colloquial details.

In your case, you do tend to get a couple of words in the wrong order fairly often. However, since you know more than one language, I would assume that you are aware that word order is an issue between languages in general. Even so, you do well enough that we can (usually) get what you are saying from the context of the sentence.

Question that comes to mind: Do you read our posts and see word order issues that don't work in your native language? Seriously, I am curious about how other people see the King's English.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC

Why thank you. I would have been too lazy to track a good link down, but if it's sitting right there...
"Grabs weed"

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.