I love you guys

lazuli13
Scientist
lazuli13's picture
User is offlineOffline
I love you guys

I don't know if I can ever repay you guys. You actually made me feel comfortable in my own skin. I am still a hell raisin' country boy that doesn't quite fit in anywhere, but I feel like a thousand pound weight has been lifted off of my chest. I don't feel as isolated and freakish anymore. It took time, but I am comfortable with my atheism. Ever since I was young I couldn't believe no matter how hard I tried, and you guys made it ok to not believe. I honestly don't know how you guys do it, I could puke when the subject of religion comes up now and I've barely discussed it compared to you guys. I wish I could thank you with cash, but you have my word, if money ever comes my way you will get a good chunk. Until then, my thanks to you.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Yeah , me too, Thanks, all

Yeah , me too, Thanks, all you atheist posters, and all RRS .... yeah you theist posters too .... really, tears of joy !  Go Go communication evolution.

Boon Docks
User is offlineOffline
Feelings

Yes, it is good to see so many like minded people and to be able to read some of the science behind the reasoning.  Kudos to all who make us feel good about being Atheist !!

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
lazuli13 wrote:I don't know

lazuli13 wrote:

I don't know if I can ever repay you guys. You actually made me feel comfortable in my own skin. I am still a hell raisin' country boy that doesn't quite fit in anywhere, but I feel like a thousand pound weight has been lifted off of my chest.

I know the feeling, and I'm glad you've experienced it.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
We love you guys too!! 

We love you guys too!! 

kellym78
atheistRational VIP!
kellym78's picture
User is offlineOffline
Awwww...I feel all warm and

Awwww...I feel all warm and fuzzy inside! 

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks so much for this. 

Thanks so much for this.  People in your position are exactly why I spend so much of my time doing this, and you have no idea how much it helps me to know that I'm part of something that's getting real results.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:Thanks so

Hambydammit wrote:

Thanks so much for this.  People in your position are exactly why I spend so much of my time doing this, and you have no idea how much it helps me to know that I'm part of something that's getting real results.

Lets not lose sight of why you guys do things. It is not to help people be comfortable in their atheism, it is to teach people how to properly BBQ kittens. If atheists can't live up to their stereotypes what would become of this world?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Lets not lose

Brian37 wrote:
Lets not lose sight of why you guys do things. It is not to help people be comfortable in their atheism, it is to teach people how to properly BBQ kittens. If atheists can't live up to their stereotypes what would become of this world?
It's true; Without the stereotypical atheists we'd have so many kittens in the world that we could not converse for all the purring!

Ok, now, group hug! Group hug!

First person to sing "Kumbaya" will get themselves such a slap!

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
User is offlineOffline
That rocks, Lazuli13! Spread

That rocks, Lazuli13! Spread the word and let's get this next renaissance going.

Just to be clear, not one of those damn 'Pleasure Fayre' type fiasco's, I'm mean a proper one.

How can not believing in something that is backed up with no empirical evidence be less scientific than believing in something that not only has no empirical evidence but actually goes against the laws of the universe and in many cases actually contradicts itself? - Ricky Gervais