(Dis-)honesty in the church

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Dis-)honesty in the church

A recently ordained minister faces exclusion and suspension for telling the truth.

I told the truth and lost my job

The greatest quote possible from a religio is in the article. From Bishop Michael Pryse of the Eastern Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada, no less....

"If (Rev.Ketola) had kept it a secret, it's my guess..... he would have moved through the process but he chose TO BE HONEST and that comes up AGAINST THE POLICY of the church."

[mod edit for formatting and link]

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Jeffrick
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
help

Hamby, Watcher how can I make the  submit  look the way I typed it in the work page???????????

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
Here's the corrected

Here's the corrected link.

Yeah. That's funny. Talk about your basic freudian slip -- "Honesty is not church policy." I wonder if Bishop Pryse will lose his job for being truthful?

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers

Balrogoz
User is offlineOffline
 That link didn't work for

That link didn't work for me.

Is this more about gay preachers?

Balrogoz
User is offlineOffline
 Oh, and a blog entry from

Oh, and a blog entry from back in May.

here

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ok gay preachers

Well we all know that most church's stance on homosexuality, they are against it for the most part (a few exceptions here and there) so it's not really that shocking that he lost his job. Now the part of honesty is not a church policy, well shit that's not really new either, they have been lying for so long they don't even know what the truth is anymore, they lie to themselves, to their followers fuck they believe in a lie, but hey, gotta keep the coffers filled.

Jeffrick
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
My post

My post was NOT based on GAY RIGHTS (I do believe in that) it was base on the quote of the Lutherin Bishop.        He will be hearing about his misuse of terms until his death bed. Yu betcha!