question of god's morality

Rev0lver
User is offlineOffline
question of god's morality

Last night, i was thinking: why would (the christian) god give us all these animals to us for the purpose of our food? why would he not give us something else to feed upon with the same nutritional value? pigs, chickens, and cows can feel the same pain humans do, so why would he make us kill them?

and please, don't give the bullshit response "we cannot judge god by our simple human minds". that's complete shit. god could have easily found an alternative to it when he created the world, but he decides to watch the entertainment of death instead. or, maybe, he doesn't exist and this came to be by nature. that would make much more sense.

Cali_Athiest2
Cali_Athiest2's picture
User is offlineOffline
As I understand the typical

As I understand the typical christian response it would be something like the following: God did not intend for the natural world to be cruel and sadistic. When man sinned from eating the forbidden fruit the whole paradigm changed. The lions and lambs no longer lay down together. Supposedly there was no death in the world therefore one thing never had to eat another thing to survive. Of course this brings up the point, if man didn't die..... why would they need to eat?

The thing I find most reprehensible is that man always gets blamed for all the bad things in the natural world and gawd gets all the credit for the good stuff. Hurricanes.... sin, famine..... sin and it goes on. If meat wasn't supposed to be eaten why is it so tasty?

"Always seek out the truth, but avoid at all costs those that claim to have found it" ANONYMOUS

Rev0lver
User is offlineOffline
the point i was trying to

the point i was trying to make is that Genesis 1:30 specifically says god gave us animals for food.

edit: damn, nevermind about that. i didn't realize it said he gives food to the animals, i misinterpreted. still though, animals contain necessary nutrients for humans. why would he do that?

edit again: no, no, he says animals are for us in genesis 9. i need to stop trying to make full arguments when i've been up for 30 hours

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Food

Rev0lver wrote:
Last night, i was thinking: why would (the christian) god give us all these animals to us for the purpose of our food? why would he not give us something else to feed upon with the same nutritional value? pigs, chickens, and cows can feel the same pain humans do, so why would he make us kill them? and please, don't give the bullshit response "we cannot judge god by our simple human minds". that's complete shit. god could have easily found an alternative to it when he created the world, but he decides to watch the entertainment of death instead. or, maybe, he doesn't exist and this came to be by nature. that would make much more sense.
     You sound very religious, I am not.   Your second to last line covers the answer....."he doesn't exist and this came to be by nature." and your last line is the coup  de grace......"That would make more sense." 

btw  it is not a christen god but the Hebrew god Yaweh you refer to,  the xtians just absconded  it for their own mis-guided use.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Rev0lver
User is offlineOffline
haha, i am very religious?

haha, i am very religious? where did that come from?

RhadTheGizmo
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Quote: still though, animals

Quote:
still though, animals contain necessary nutrients for humans.

By this statement, do you mean to suggest that animals contain nutrients that can only be found in animals and that are necessary for humans?  Because, if that is so, then man... there sure are a lot of walking-dead vegetarians and vegans.  Smiling

BMcD
User is offlineOffline
RhadTheGizmo wrote:Quote:

RhadTheGizmo wrote:

Quote:

By this statement, do you mean to suggest that animals contain nutrients that can only be found in animals and that are necessary for humans?  Because, if that is so, then man... there sure are a lot of walking-dead vegetarians and vegans.  Smiling

I KNEW IT! THEY'RE ZOMBIES!!!!

*hides in the corner...* can't you hear them? Can't you hear their empty moaning?

*in the distance* Graaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiinnnnsssssss......

*produces a pump-action shotgun, ratchets the slide and chambers a round* GET 'EM!!!!!!

"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons." - The Waco Kid

RhadTheGizmo
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Quote:*in the distance*

Quote:
*in the distance* Graaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiinnnnsssssss......

Rev0lver
User is offlineOffline
RhadTheGizmo wrote:Quote:

RhadTheGizmo wrote:

Quote:

first of all, i didn't say it is the only source for necessary nutrients, but it is certainly one of the easiest and most available, particularily pre-1900's. the point i was trying to make is that the Christian/Jewish god says to eat them.

Llama
Theist
Llama's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rev0lver wrote:Last night, i

Rev0lver wrote:
Last night, i was thinking: why would (the christian) god give us all these animals to us for the purpose of our food? why would he not give us something else to feed upon with the same nutritional value? pigs, chickens, and cows can feel the same pain humans do, so why would he make us kill them? and please, don't give the bullshit response "we cannot judge god by our simple human minds". that's complete shit. god could have easily found an alternative to it when he created the world, but he decides to watch the entertainment of death instead. or, maybe, he doesn't exist and this came to be by nature. that would make much more sense.

bah what is this amature hour? The obvious answer is Earth is not our home. Unlike God we're not perfect beings and we must grow in wisdom and knowledge and one very effective way to do this is to live mortal lives in one of the many worlds inhabited by sentient beings and to be one of those sentient beings.

Each world is unique in the lessons it has to offer us but for whatever reason you chose to live in Earth and chose your life but you still have freewill to decide what to do with the gift of life.

Bleeeat!

Balrogoz
User is offlineOffline
Llama wrote:bah what is this

Llama wrote:
bah what is this amature hour?

It's like you put effort into being unlikable.

Llama wrote:
The obvious answer is Earth is not our home. Unlike God we're not perfect beings and we must grow in wisdom and knowledge and one very effective way to do this is to live mortal lives in one of the many worlds inhabited by sentient beings and to be one of those sentient beings.

Earth our home or not..  it is supposedly created by The Almighty.  If he created it why build in violence as a necessity to human survival.  Why the barbarism of requiring humans to murder for sustenance.  

Llama wrote:
Each world is unique in the lessons it has to offer us but for whatever reason you chose to live in Earth and chose your life but you still have freewill to decide what to do with the gift of life.

...So, uh.. what are the other options for world...?  Can I get one with giant carnivorous fireball-shooting plants that intermitenly retreats into huge green pipes?  That would be a pretty sweet world.

If I have gained anything by damning myself, it is that I no longer have anything to fear. - JP Sartre

BMcD
User is offlineOffline
Balrogoz wrote:...So, uh..

Balrogoz wrote:

...So, uh.. what are the other options for world...?  Can I get one with giant carnivorous fireball-shooting plants that intermitenly retreats into huge green pipes?  That would be a pretty sweet world.

That'd certainly cut down on the number of zombie vegans...

"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons." - The Waco Kid