Hello

DiceboyT
User is offlineOffline
Hello

Hey guys, I'm rather new here, and after a few days of lurking I finally decided to introduce myself. There isn't really much you need to know about me, other than the fact that I am indeed an atheist looking to help your cause.

Anyhow, I look forward to engaging in some rational discussions with like-minded atheists.

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forums,

Welcome to the forums, Diceboy!

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Dice =^_^=

Hi Dice =^_^=

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hola

y bienvenido, welcome, Irashaimasu and Nau Mai

Future Indefinite
Future Indefinite's picture
User is offlineOffline
DiceboyT wrote:Hey guys, I'm

DiceboyT wrote:

Hey guys, I'm rather new here, and after a few days of lurking I finally decided to introduce myself. There isn't really much you need to know about me, other than the fact that I am indeed an atheist looking to help your cause.

Anyhow, I look forward to engaging in some rational discussions with like-minded atheists.

Hi and welcome.  I'm fairly new too and still getting the "feel" of the site.  I like its energy and humor. 

Why don't you tell us a bit about yourself,  where you are from and some social factors...like whether you are you surrounded by feral theists or in a tolerant environment or part of a majority and able to keep theists in their place, i.e.  at the bottom of the heap.

"Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition". - Isaac Asimov

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the show, the

Welcome to the show, the rocking RRS 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S88nwn0Pt6E

Boon Docks
User is offlineOffline
Welcome aboard

Thought I'd stop in for a minute before I head out work, caught the newbie post, have to say hello !!  

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the hizzle fo

Welcome to the hizzle fo shizzle!

DiceboyT
User is offlineOffline
Future Indefinite

Future Indefinite wrote:

DiceboyT wrote:

Hi and welcome.  I'm fairly new too and still getting the "feel" of the site.  I like its energy and humor. 

Why don't you tell us a bit about yourself,  where you are from and some social factors...like whether you are you surrounded by feral theists or in a tolerant environment or part of a majority and able to keep theists in their place, i.e.  at the bottom of the heap.

I am from Columbus, Ohio and I would say that while atheism is certainly not the norm here, it is pretty well tolerated. I have never been looked down upon for my lack of belief.

I would say that the vast majority of my friends are Christians, but it usually isn't a problem at all. I don't really try to talk about it very often because I know I won't get anywhere with them. They seem to follow the same lead apart from the occasional "It must suck to be an atheist", to which my response is simply "No, it doesn't".

Nordmann
atheist
Nordmann's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Diceboy T, and

Hi Diceboy T, and welcome.

Deluded people are not bad people, necessarily. But they are easily exploited by cynical shits, who can be very bad people indeed. If a christian ever alludes to feeling pity for you or says anything to the effect that you have "lost your way" and will eventually boomerang back into the cult at a future date, you should always respond with a polite rebuttal, one that will subtly but inexorably cause a mental process to begin in the darkest recesses of their conscious brain and which will eventually cause them to see the arrogant presumptuous folly of their ways. Personally I prefer "Fuck off you arrogant turd", but then that's just me.

I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

KathieG
KathieG's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome!

Welcome!

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Hello my Friend and Welcome

.............................To the Machine. and the Forums .     

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Welcome! Have fun.

Welcome! Have fun.