From the website of "You've Been Left Behind "

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
From the website of "You've Been Left Behind "

UnF<>king believable,I read this in " Harper's " magazine. for a  $40 fee they will provide customers who expect to be raptured the chance to send messages to loved ones on earth...... [Offer]

SIGNED ,SEALED ,DELIVERED.     We all have family and friends who have have failed to receive the Good News of the Gospel.The unsaved will be left behind on earth to go through the tribulations period after the Rapture. You remember how,for a short time,after 9/11/01 people were open to spiritual things and answers.(We are still singing "God Bless America" at baseball's seventh-inning stretch.) Imagine how taken aback they will be by the millions of missing Christians and the devastation at the Rapture. They will know it was true and that they have blown it.There will be a small window of time where they might be saved for the Kingdom of God.We have made it possible for you to send them a letter of love and one one last plea to receive Christ.You will also be able to give them some help in living out their remaining time. Our system will allow you to send documents by email,to addresses you provide,six days after the Rapture. This occurs when three of our five team members scattered across the United States fail to log in over a three day period.Another three days fail-safe any false triggering of the system.In the encrypted portion of your account,you can give them access to your banking,brokerage,hidden valuables,and power of attorney (you won't be needing them anymore,and the gift will drive home the message of love). There won't be any bodies,so a probate court will take seven years to clear your assets to your next of kin.So basically the Government of the Antichrist gets your stuff,unless you make it available in another way.You can also send information based on Scripture as to what will happen next .Each fulfilled prophecy will cause your plea to be remembered and a decision to be made.This is one last chance to bring the unsaved to Christ and snatch them from the flames !!!    

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Even though I don't put the

Even though I don't put the slightest stock in the christian religion, I can still recognize the unfathomable hubris of those who buy into this service, thinking they will be among those taken directly to heaven.

I hope for the delicious irony of discovering the site is run by a cynical atheist.

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Sucker's

There's a sucker born ,or born again every minute.....author unknown ,I think it was a stand up comic that said that ?

Signature ? How ?

FulltimeDefendent
Scientist
FulltimeDefendent's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ken G. wrote:  There's a

Ken G. wrote:

There's a sucker born ,or born again every minute.....author unknown ,I think it was a stand up comic that said that ?

We should really be trying to find ways to make money off of gullible believers to support us skeptics.

“It is true that in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. It is equally true that in the land of the blind, the two-eyed man is an enemy of the state, the people, and domestic tranquility… and necessarily so. Someone has to rearrange the furniture.”

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
P.T Barnum. "There is a

P.T Barnum. "There is a sucker born every minute".

This is just as stupid as the TV Evangalist selling "healing oil", and just as old a scan as when the European Church sold "Indulgences".

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog