the bible is bothersome and this one verse particularly bothers me.

4everhalloween
User is offlineOffline
the bible is bothersome and this one verse particularly bothers me.

If you don't know this, I am an athiest, and at every chance I get I deepen my hate of religion. Sometimes I read the bible merely to insult passages and smirk down in a superior manner at it. Today I was in a particularly bitchy mood and happened to read this quoted directly from the bible: "it was also said, 'anyone who divorces his wife must give her written notice of divorce.' But now I tell you: If a man divorces his wife for any cause other than unfaithfulness, then he is guilty her guilty of committing adultery if she marries again; and the man who marries her commits adultery also." This just ticks me off so much. I find it sexist and unappealing. I know this sounds infantile, but what is that even supposed to mean? I know what what it means, but still .Hypocrites. 

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
I Know What You Mean

k 4everhalloween wrote about divorce in the religious mind,and believe me I know what you mean. When I was young,my mother got divorced from my Dad,because he drank and hit her,one too many times.And after she got divorced,my cousins (who are still deeply religious Christians) kind of shunned her for about 20 years.And my Aunt who volunteered at the church functions completely ignored my Mother,all because they believed all that BULL in the bible.Like they know what's best for her.!!!

Signature ? How ?

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
On Myth, Sexuality, and

On Myth, Sexuality, and Culture

This includes some info on divorce and the rise of Christianity.  In any case, it's got a LOT of information.  You should read it so you have some more ammunition.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Women are slaves, men are

Women are slaves, men are the masters, He god said so. Says so in gods book .....

Nordmann
atheist
Nordmann's picture
User is offlineOffline
That makes lady-boys masters

That makes lady-boys masters of their own destiny then. Good, since they have so little else going for them ...

I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Geezz, what is this

Geezz, what is this confusion? It's right there in easy to understand text. What more would you want from gawed. Shezzzz, Read your HOLY god manual  ......

Men rule in all creation. He gawed said so , have you not heard ? Women are Mens slaves , get real ....... TAKE CONTROL , contain the girls. Make them beg.

I am so disappointed with you MEN. Cage them women, deny them. Read your manual , from the boss .....  Them girls listen to snakes and eat apples.  Punish them.

Praise LORD, HE loves us  ........  M E N , gods best

Nordmann
atheist
Nordmann's picture
User is offlineOffline
And lambs, don't forget the

And lambs, don't forget the lambs. He has a thing for sheep, the younger the better.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
God has delivered much

God has delivered much comfort , if it moves fuck it ..... a special gift to MAN.

Nordmann
atheist
Nordmann's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hence all the holes he has

Hence all the holes he has placed in them ...

Praise be to he that is holey!

[edit]

And the "shes" that are holey too, of course - before someone accuses me of being a priest

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Gods splendid design, HOLES

Gods splendid design, HOLES ! .....  as we MEN hold the RODS,  STEEL  .....

What is the opposite of Penetrate ....

ohh god, ohh god !  SEE,  girls are mens slaves ..... and god wrote a book all about it ...

Nordmann
atheist
Nordmann's picture
User is offlineOffline
He that spareth his rod

He that spareth his rod hateth his son

Proverbs 13-24

Strange old bugger, god, isn't he?

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
we must obey god ..... or

we must obey god ..... or else ..... buggers and all

Nordmann
atheist
Nordmann's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh well, no rest for the

Oh well, no rest for the wicked.

Can you send me a lamb in the post so? Or a young boy, I'm not fussy - and it seems neither is god.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Gods LAMB slide show 3 -

Gods LAMB slide show 3  -  female

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLE7ppX7m7s

PROOF , God loves you !  I meant GODDESS 

Wait, I AM getting weak and confused. That women spell is obviously evil .... I must not worship them, I AM MAN ... only to He-Man God,  will I bow ..... Only men shall be Popes .....

4everhalloween
User is offlineOffline
thanks for ammo!

thanks for divorce/ammo website link. interesting read.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
"Love the enemy" our

"Love the enemy" our inferior slaves, WOMEN .... spank them for their own good ....    

4everhalloween
User is offlineOffline
Hmm......

I can't say I know EXACTLY how you feel but I can still sympathize. My parents were divorced too, I was very lucky that my mom was never shunned or shut out from the rest of the family. But still that makes me about the bible and this whole religious thing and proves my point more. The bible belittles and makes it easier for society for society to hate people for no reason. But what do you expect from a "holy mother fucking words from gods mouth written down and preached to the masses" book written by men. 

4everhalloween
User is offlineOffline
spankings

ill spank YOU!!!  mwahahahaa