A new challenge idea.

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
A new challenge idea.

After reading about this, I went poking around the web and found this, and this too.

The silliness of it all gave me an idea. A challenge for folks to invent and post recipes with these nasty little flour paste wafers as a main ingredient.

Body-N-Blood Pudding

• 1 1/2 cups pre-transubstantiated communion wafers
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 cups starwberries, de-greened and minced
  • 1 cup red (purple) grape juice
  • 1 ripe banana, sliced into 1/8" thick medallions

Mix strawberries, sugar and grape juice until it reaches a syrupy consistency.

Line bottom of medium sized bowl or deep 9" pie pan with wafers. Pour 1/4 inch of strawberry syrup mixture over them, then line that layer with more wafers - alternating between wafers and syrup until the syrup is gone. Top with banana medallions. Chill for 1 hour, until wafers set into the syrup. Serve cold.

Hope you enjoy!

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

ronin-dog
Scientist
ronin-dog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sounds great, what we need

Sounds great, what we need is a catholic priest willing to bless a large number of wafers for us.

"It is hurtful," said Father Migeul Gonzalez with the Diocese. "Imagine if they kidnapped somebody and you make a plea for that individual to please return that loved one to the family."

OMG! Get a grip! It is a piece of wafer!

Zen-atheist wielding Occam's katana.

Jesus said, "Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division." - Luke 12:51

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I was raised Catholic, and

I was raised Catholic, and thus consumed lots of those things. I think you'd have quite the culinary genius to get a good recipe for those.

Also, ronin, I could do a rain-dance or something. I mean, what's the difference, right? Saves all that time ordaining and stuff.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

ronin-dog
Scientist
ronin-dog's picture
User is offlineOffline
While I agree with you

While I agree with you M'lord, the catholics won't think it that offensive until one of their own blesses it and magically turns it into Christ's booty.

Zen-atheist wielding Occam's katana.

Jesus said, "Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division." - Luke 12:51

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Body of Christ, Broken

The Body of Christ, Broken For You and Me

Brown on stovetop: 1/2 to 1 inch cubes of lamb meat in olive oil.  Add minced garlic, cook additional 30 seconds.

Add dry red wine, reduce by 2/3

Take a big hammer, crush lots of wafers until they are a powder.

Toss some into reduction to achieve goopy texture reminiscent of bowels spilled out of a spear wound.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:The Body

Hambydammit wrote:

The Body of Christ, Broken For You and Me

Brown on stovetop: 1/2 to 1 inch cubes of lamb meat in olive oil.  Add minced garlic, cook additional 30 seconds.

Add dry red wine, reduce by 2/3

Take a big hammer, crush lots of wafers until they are a powder.

Toss some into reduction to achieve goopy texture reminiscent of bowels spilled out of a spear wound.

oh my.... I love lamb. With a care to not overdo the wafers this sounds like it'd be worth trying. =^_^=

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
ronin-dog wrote:While I

ronin-dog wrote:

While I agree with you M'lord, the catholics won't think it that offensive until one of their own blesses it and magically turns it into Christ's booty.

ronin-dog invokes Christ's booty ftw.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

Wonko
Wonko's picture
User is offlineOffline
JillSwift wrote:After

JillSwift wrote:

After reading about this, I went poking around the web and found this, and this too.

The silliness of it all gave me an idea. A challenge for folks to invent and post recipes with these nasty little flour paste wafers as a main ingredient.

Oooooh, me wants to make a mythical dish...

Shaitian
User is offlineOffline
well, i have been thinking

well, i have been thinking bout this and i cant figure out a recipe but i did think of this, Play a game of Jizz cracker with it and whoever wins gets to commit a holy genocide!!!

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
WTF is Jizz cracker????

WTF is Jizz cracker????

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:WTF is

MattShizzle wrote:
WTF is Jizz cracker????
I'm not sure I want that question answered >.>;

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
BTW wouldn't it be better to

BTW wouldn't it be better to use sacramental wine rather than grape juice if you could get it?

vixen strangely
vixen strangely's picture
User is offlineOffline
Being a long-time heretic--I'll take this "q"--

Um, the male of the species has a, un, projectile-launching device, and as a result, tends to view the world in terms of targets. A cracker is a potential target, for, well, one of the effluvia of the, erm...manly cannon.

Historically speaking, I have been informed that the desecration of a consecrated wafer via some sexual...manipulation...is what is generally alleged to occur in Satanist circles. Which either proves that Christians have rich and dirty imaginations, or Satanists are jerk-offs, or both.

Smiling

"Lighthouses are more helpful than churches."

--Ben Franklin

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:BTW

MattShizzle wrote:
BTW wouldn't it be better to use sacramental wine rather than grape juice if you could get it?
In most cases, there absolutely no difference Eye-wink

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
vixen strangely wrote:Um,

vixen strangely wrote:

Um, the male of the species has a, un, projectile-launching device, and as a result, tends to view the world in terms of targets. A cracker is a potential target, for, well, one of the effluvia of the, erm...manly cannon.

Historically speaking, I have been informed that the desecration of a consecrated wafer via some sexual...manipulation...is what is generally alleged to occur in Satanist circles. Which either proves that Christians have rich and dirty imaginations, or Satanists are jerk-offs, or both.

I was right. I didn't want that question answered >.<;

vixen strangely
vixen strangely's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sorry--but I fear honesty

was the better part of valor--alas, that PZ suggested cracker-desecration, I fear they will again align atheists with the forces of Satan. As a little bit Goth, too much black-wearing, usually socially-inappropriate person, I can honestly say the Xtianextremists love to see us allied with Satan--(Shaytan--the adversary--just a convenient foe to prove the faithful by and to indulge the need for hating an "other." )

Me, I think the worst PZ would have imagined for the poor baked good was to sit it down and make it watch "Expelled". Nothing is more scary to bread than staleness, and the message of Expelled was totally stale. Expired, even.

"Lighthouses are more helpful than churches."

--Ben Franklin

Shaitian
User is offlineOffline
If you don't really know

If you don't really know what that game is, then trust me don't ask
*Disclaimer*
*beware reading my post after this area will result in information that you don't want to know*

Jizz cracker is a game the football players played when i was in high school, all the team gets in a circle round a cracker and *ahem* and whoever finishes last has to eat the cracker...

and no i didn't play football, the whole student body knew due to a video... that somehow didn't reach any parent or teachers hands (still cant figure that out...)

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Shaitian

Shaitian wrote:
<explanation>
Um... eww.

That's incredibly homoerotic. Fitting of the homophobic jock stereotype =^_^=

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
JillSwift wrote:Shaitian

JillSwift wrote:

Shaitian wrote:
<explanation>
Um... eww.

A single cracker?  A single cracker!?  That's very... intimate.  Yes, I'd agree, as homoerotic as it gets.  More homoerotic, even, than an Abercrombie and Fitch advertisement.

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
A very funny thread indeed.

A very funny thread indeed.

shikko
User is offlineOffline
JillSwift wrote:Shaitian

JillSwift wrote:

Shaitian wrote:
<explanation>
Um... eww.

This game was called "soggy toast" in my high school, and I found much amusement in the fact that the guys who talked the most about playing it were the ones most likely to call some other guy "fag".

Gotta love a complete lack of self-reflection.

--
maybe if this sig is witty, someone will love me.