Is it me or are some of these threads messed up?

Lyzandra Daria
atheist
Lyzandra Daria's picture
User is offlineOffline
Is it me or are some of these threads messed up?

Like this one - that MattShizzle began.

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/14169

I can access what seems to be the first page up to entry #27...then nada.  No page forward function.  No access to the hundreds of posts that follow.

I tried to alert the 'admin' or 'mod'...no response.  Maybe I went about it incorrectly. 

I have to ask myself...WTF is up with that?  I'm actually going to try the 'subscribe' option and see what happens.  Maybe my PC will implode.

"Faith must have adequate evidence else it is mere superstition"...Alexander Hodge (1823-1886)

"A myth is a religion in which no one any longer believes"...James Feibleman (1904-1987)

Respectfully, Lyz

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wonko wrote: I know this

Wonko wrote:

I know this thread is mainly IE6 vs IE7 vs FireFox and learning how to view the website but I have a question in slightly other vein....

Does anyone know why some of the posting comment features don't work....features like strikethrough etc.

A few days ago there was one day when the spell check didn't work but then the next day it was fine again. Nice to use when I can remember.

Any ideas?

I kind of suspect it's a simple mismatch between what the site reports you can do, and what it actually lets you do. The CSSs may specifically disallow certain text decorations, too, but I've not looked.

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Visual_Paradox

Visual_Paradox wrote:

That's a very pretty window decoration. Where'd you get it, what's it called? Are you using KDE?

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

Visual_Paradox
atheistRational VIP!Special Agent
Visual_Paradox's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's the Watercolor Emico

It's the Watercolor Emico Blue Windows theme for the window border of Opera, while Opera is using the Tango Clearlooks skin, hence the reason you thought I was running Linux. I'm not aware of anything like it on Linux.

(I was an Ubuntu user for a few months and it's overall a nice operating system. I liked Gnome more than KDE and the others, having a nice mixture of functionality, intuitiveness, minimalism, and attractiveness. Linux lacks features that Grammar Nazis, like myself, find indispensable though. There's nothing remotely similar to StyleWriter and it won't run under Wine. Unicode characters—like the em dash I'm using to set this statement apart—are unnecessarily difficult to type. OpenOffice does not give readability statistics. All these things added up to a major annoyance. I quickly jumped ship to Windows XP SP3, where I was before. I truly hope Ubuntu stops using the theme in their latest alpha though. Ugh!)

Stultior stulto fuisti, qui tabellis crederes!

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Visual_Paradox wrote:It's

Visual_Paradox wrote:

It's the Watercolor Emico Blue Windows theme for the window border of Opera, while Opera is using the Tango Clearlooks skin, hence the reason you thought I was running Linux. I'm not aware of anything like it on Linux.

(I was an Ubuntu user for a few months and it's overall a nice operating system. I liked Gnome more than KDE and the others, having a nice mixture of functionality, intuitiveness, minimalism, and attractiveness. Linux lacks features that Grammar Nazis, like myself, find indispensable though. There's nothing remotely similar to StyleWriter and it won't run under Wine. Unicode characters—like the em dash I'm using to set this statement apart—are unnecessarily difficult to type. OpenOffice does not give readability statistics. All these things added up to a major annoyance. I quickly jumped ship to Windows XP SP3, where I was before. I truly hope Ubuntu stops using the theme in their latest alpha though. Ugh!)

Ahh. Yeah, the Tango icons made me think it was Linux.

I had no idea that folks were making window decorations/themes for Windows. That's nifty, and I know a certain Windows box nearby that'll be getting a pretty new theme in the near future. =^_^=

Have you voiced your concerns on the OOo site? I've been one of many pointing out such shortfalls and I'm hopeful they'll get 'em covered.

Visual_Paradox
atheistRational VIP!Special Agent
Visual_Paradox's picture
User is offlineOffline
I never got around to

I never got around to telling the OpenOffice folk, though I'm sure they've heard the complaint many times by now.

Stultior stulto fuisti, qui tabellis crederes!