Atheist Spirit

atheist.spirit
User is offlineOffline
Atheist Spirit

No, I don't mean anything supernatural. I'm talking about our capacity to live, love and feel. Atheism is spiritually fulfilling to me because it allows me to experience the true, unfiltered joy of nature without some middleman or go between. We are all spiritual beings. We all crave the same things: understanding, meaning, joy, kindness. I am a being of pure love!

I hope one day to see mankind united in atheistic, brotherly love. I firmly believe that only we can usher in an era of true  peace and understanding, free of sectarian differences, dogma and superstition. My hand is extended in friendship, my fingers long to twine with yours. I realize that sounds corny, but here, on the Internet, I feel free to express myself. I hope you share my vision.

phooney
phooney's picture
User is offlineOffline
Admirable goals! Welcome to

Admirable goals!

Welcome to the forum.

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forum! I love

Welcome to the forum! I love that dream of yours...I would be hard pressed to say that would be something that will be seen in our lifetime, at least as an entire group. I guess it all starts with individuals...as you have with your joy of nature Eye-wink

Have fun!

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

PorkChop
Rational VIP!SuperfanSilver Member
User is offlineOffline
I picture you with a breeze

I picture you with a breeze gently moving through your hair and a smile on your face.

Nice to meet you!

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nice

Great Post.

Historically, The most horrific acts done perpetrated on mankind, by mankind, have all been done in the name of religion. We Athiests have no such offenses on our recored.

Very Nice.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to RRS Atheist

Welcome to RRS  Atheist Spirit , as you imply,

From a few minds the candle is passed and more are lit , and the world enlightens from the dark ages. Atheists are the candles of light. Buddha/Jesus/The Founding Fathers/ and so very many more .... the brights .... sharing and spreading the light.      

Thanks, Love if free and abundant, even as life is not a gift ....    

atheist.spirit
User is offlineOffline
 Thank you my brother.

Thank you my brother. Thank you all my brothers in sisters. The warmth and unity of this community, IMHO, shames the Christians. I only wish the were capable of understanding how enlightened we are.

Nordmann
atheist
Nordmann's picture
User is offlineOffline
The best atheist spirit I

The best atheist spirit I know of was a completely godless bottle of poteen (moonshine) distilled in the mountains near Knocknagoshel in Tipperary - a place where even in holy catholic Ireland the locals had a reputation for eating any priest silly enough to wend his way into their midst. What they did with the inedible bits I'm not sure, but I'm nearly certain there were the remains of a Roman collar floating in it.

Welcome aboard, AS.

I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome! Check out this

Welcome!

Check out this thread.  It's an article I wrote about meaning in life:

For New Atheists: Is This Really All There Is?

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

peppermint
Superfan
peppermint's picture
User is offlineOffline
I feel very happy to be an

I feel very happy to be an atheist. I find philosophy, psychology, nature and science to be so much more inspiring and fascinating than some book written 1000000000000000 years ago.

*Our world is far more complex than the rigid structure we want to assign to it, and we will probably never fully understand it.*

"Those believers who are sophisticated enough to understand the paradox have found exciting ways to bend logic into pretzel shapes in order to defend the indefensible." - Hamby

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I'd actually be interested

I'd actually be interested in reading a book THAT old (one quadrillion years!) - as it would have been written long before the Earth existed - or even the Universe as we know it.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team