Food Idiocy

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Food Idiocy

Apparently there are people who think walnuts are good for your brain because they look like brains, tomatoes for the heart because they look like hearts and celery for the bones....   Oh yeah, they look that way because God wanted it that way.

Here is a link to this shit. This is magical thinking - and it makes me shake my head just how many stupid things people will believe.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I wonder what they think

I wonder what they think bananas are good for......

edit

and melons, and cucumbers....

.....Oh God

But what about pineapples?

Eloise
TheistBronze Member
Eloise's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:Apparently

MattShizzle wrote:

Apparently there are people who think walnuts are good for your brain because they look like brains, tomatoes for the heart because they look like hearts and celery for the bones....   Oh yeah, they look that way because God wanted it that way.

Here is a link to this shit. This is magical thinking - and it makes me shake my head just how many stupid things people will believe.

OMG too funny, I've joked about this with some friends when I was drunk before except with nuts only. I can't believe people are taking this seriously.

BTW the list we came up with for fun based on the shape and colour of nuts:

Walnuts : womens brains;

Pecans: mens brains (cause it looks primitive)

Hazelnuts: Heart

Almonds: muscle in general

Brazil nuts: Liver

Cashews: lung or adrenal gland

Pistachios: gall bladder

Theist badge qualifier : Gnostic/Philosophical Panentheist

www.mathematicianspictures.com

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Cashews: lung or

Quote:

Cashews: lung or adrenal gland

They kind of look like kidneys as well, although obviously if we are to go for greatest resemblance, I can't believe you missed kidney beans.

But seriously, I can't believe people take this seriously.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
They did say kidney beans

They did say kidney beans are good for the kidneys. I can kind of excuse people in ancient/mideval times for thinking this - but if you live in a modern, non-third world society and you believe this you are an idiot.

Carrots are good for the eyes because the slice of carrot looks like an eye (not really and carrots being good for the eyes is false - in fact it was started by the RAF in WWII as disinformation to preserve the secret of RADAR.)

Grapes are good for the heart because they grow in a heart shaped cluster. (HUH???????)

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote: Carrots

MattShizzle wrote:

Carrots are good for the eyes because the slice of carrot looks like an eye (not really and carrots being good for the eyes is false - in fact it was started by the RAF in WWII as disinformation to preserve the secret of RADAR.)

What?

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Carrots are good for the

Carrots are good for the eyes since they are rich an Vitamin A, which is better known as retinol, the coenzyme in rhodopsin, which is the central light-stimulated protein controlling the signals sent from the back of the eye to the brain in the form of a G-linked protein reception complex which induces the opening of an Na+ VGIC, depolarizing the optic nerve.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

nutxaq
nutxaq's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh....

deludedgod wrote:

Carrots are good for the eyes since they are rich an Vitamin A, which is better known as retinol, the coenzyme in rhodopsin, which is the central light-stimulated protein controlling the signals sent from the back of the eye to the brain in the form of a G-linked protein reception complex which induces the opening of an Na+ VGIC, depolarizing the optic nerve.

Snap! You got served.

"Faith, Faith is an island in the setting sun,
but proof, proof is the bottom line for everyone."
Proof, Paul Simon

Nothing this hard should taste so beefy.

Cali_Athiest2
Cali_Athiest2's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote: Carrots

MattShizzle wrote:

Ever see a rabbit wearing glasses?

"Always seek out the truth, but avoid at all costs those that claim to have found it" ANONYMOUS

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
*ahem*I know I may be going

*ahem*

I know I may be going out too far for even this board, but I feel the need to point out that my racist great grandmother used to call brazil nuts "nigger toes."

The implications are mind boggling.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Boon Docks
User is offlineOffline
Vegetables

Let's try brussel sprouts, and asparagus spears.

PorkChop
Rational VIP!SuperfanSilver Member
User is offlineOffline
Boon Docks wrote:     

Boon Docks wrote:

Let's try brussel sprouts, and asparagus spears.

In a 2:1 ratio?

Kay Cat
Superfan
Kay Cat's picture
User is offlineOffline
feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but...

wasn't there a debunked "theory" of plant associations prior to the original Intelligent Design assertion that had certain plants marked for certain uses based on their appearance?

Vote for McCain... www.therealmccain.com ...and he'll bring Jesus back

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:Apparently

MattShizzle wrote:

You know, our family has a small walnut farm.  It's so much cooler to say that I'm a brain harvester than a walnut farmer.

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Everyone knows that red

Everyone knows that red beets are good for your blood riiiight?

DamnDirtyApe
Silver Member
DamnDirtyApe's picture
User is offlineOffline
If this was true, wouldn't

If this was true, wouldn't it make sense to eat nothing but animal parts?  Real brains look a whole lot more like real brains than any nut does.  Same deal for eyes, livers, dicks, boobs and the rest.

"The whole conception of God is a conception derived from ancient Oriental despotisms. It is a conception quite unworthy of free men."
--Bertrand Russell