Complexity Is Evidence Of Evolution And Not Creationism But If A God Created The World Then There's Is No Reason For Complexity

Velocity Eleven
User is offlineOffline
Complexity Is Evidence Of Evolution And Not Creationism But If A God Created The World Then There's Is No Reason For Complexity

There is no need for complexity in the universe if a God created it, surely his infinate power can very easily overcome the reason as to why complexity would be required for life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MBT0sz_12c

This video (though rather unprofessional) explains exactly what I mean

Again this is another "omnipotence paradox" but we can never have too many

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
That video really, really

That video really, really sucks.

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
That Video

Even thought that was a poorly made video,that young man did make a good effort to stress the complexities in Life.

.I hope more Creationist see this video

Signature ? How ?

daedalus
daedalus's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh my that was horrible. 

Oh my that was horrible.  Hasn't the guy ever heard of editting?  Perhaps even re-recording?

His point, as far as I could tell, is that complexity is self-defeating because it makes things more likely to fail, which is hardly a sign of intelligence, especially when you have omni-powers at your disposal and could make us amazingly simple.

Well, I'm not sure if this is necessarily true, but its an argument that deserves to be rebutted (and not by the "Who are you to question God's methods?" crap.)

One could easily argue that the complexity and propensity for failure of the human body, and its similarity to all other animals doesn't make it uniquely stand out as self-evidentially as a Creation of God.

The argument proposes that God could make all other creatures complex, but not Man.  However, most Theists don't ignore the actuality of nature. They try to explain it thought the use of the Omni-Answer: God.  (Hence, why many Xians claim we are complex as physical beings, but not as spiritual beings).

However, again, this doesn't address the Complexity argument that the (horrible) video was trying to make (I think?).

Yes, ID/Creationism and the Complexity argument doesn't work - for many, many reasons.

Imagine the people who believe such things and who are not ashamed to ignore, totally, all the patient findings of thinking minds through all the centuries since the Bible was written. And it is these ignorant people, the most uneducated, the most unimaginative, the most unthinking among us, who would make themselves the guides and leaders of us all; who would force their feeble and childish beliefs on us; who would invade our schools and libraries and homes. I personally resent it bitterly.
Isaac Asimov

mikeoramy (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
 "There is no need for

"There is no need for complexity in the universe if a God created it, surely his infinate power can very easily overcome the reason as to why complexity would be required for life"

If God made the world simple, you most likely would argue that God should have created something more complex is He is so advanced. God decided to create the earth, the universe and life and set in motion scientific principals that maintain it all, all under His control. Rather than question why He did something a certain way, it's our to marvel at and worship Him as Creator, because obviously there is no other logical explanation for life.

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
The video is not very well

The video is not very well done but it does address a good point. I've brought this same point up before when talking to theist and I have yet to get a straight answer. The fact is, if you presuppose that an infinitely powerful being created the universe you have to throw away all notions of what is possible or even real. Say God wanted us to be green, bam! done. Say he wanted to create the universe with out the strong interaction, bam! done.

There are no requirements that a creationist style God has to meet. He can make shit up as he goes along not having to answer to anybody or any cosmic rules. He can exercise this power after creation as well, changing reality as we know it at the fundamental level on the fly. He has no restriction to his power. As such we can make no predictions regarding anything. All would be according to his will. Any body else find this less than desirable?

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
MySpace

Dracos
User is offlineOffline
complexity

It has been said before,but I will say it again.  If we were created by intelligence, it would not have put the entertainment center in the bathroom.

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dracos wrote:It has been

Dracos wrote:

It has been said before,but I will say it again.  If we were created by intelligence, it would not have put the entertainment center in the bathroom.

I prefer to think of it as a toilet in the living room.

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
MySpace