Derrick Jensen

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Derrick Jensen

Do we have any Derrick Jensen reader out here in "The Culture of Make Believe","End Game"and " Listening to the Land".

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Never heard of him, but I am

Never heard of him, but I am a bit of a fan already. Thanks man. Makes me think of Bob Black"

Got any favorite essays etc ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derrick_Jensen

See, "Themes in Jensen's work" 

I heard this in podcast and thought "Fuck Yeah" !   Bob Black !

THE ABOLITION OF WORK

http://www.zpub.com/notes/black-work.html

Podcasts of this cult fav can be found in Google etc.  

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Bob Black's 'The Abolition of Work

Wow ! I only briefed it for a few moments,but yeah his work  looks like"Derrick Jensen. I wonder if his work influenced  Jensen's own work. And as far as essays go, I subscribe to "ZNET" and I really dig "Michael Albert and Noam Chomsky"check out Chomsky.info, for some of the best audio and video on the internet (in my opinion)and Michael Parenti.org has a lot of good essay's.and have you checked out Jensen on Google video and on YouTube,his talk about "Toxic Memes".

Signature ? How ?

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
I certainly will check it

I certainly will check it out.  Thanks for being atheist !   Pass it on  ...... 

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Noam

Quote:

Noam Chomsky

Interesting. If memory serves me right (and it does), Chomsky is anarchist, but a strong critic of Jensen's anarcho-primitivism. In particular, one criticism I should highlight (this is my own criticism of Jensen, and it is roughly equivalent to that of Ronald Wright) is that primitivism is based on a fundamentally flawed (and reactionary) premise that humanity should revert to a "prior state" of significantly better quality of life than before the advent of heirarchical civilization. This is sometimes referred to by the term "rewilding". As is pointed out, the overwhelming body of evidence indicates that despite the many miseries of civilized existence, the human life prior to the advent of civilization was no less brutal, miserable or unfortunate, in fact in many ways it was more so. There has been no period in human history which could be characterized as a "golden age" for average human quality of life. Modern primitivism has been overly influenced by Rosseau, even though his writing on natural history, being written 300 years ago prior to modern techniques of investigation, indeed, before we assembled a coherent picture of Earth's history, is factually incorrect. Chomsky's point is even more obvious. Those who cannot wait for civilization to fall on its face should remember it is not in their best interest, since there is no other manner in which 6 billion people could be sustained, or indeed, two orders of magnitude less than our current population could be sustained. The mass death that would result from the desired reversion would probably kill virtually everyone raised in a civilized society (which is mostly everyone), including Jensen. It is in his best interest, as it is in mine, yours, and everyone else's, that we find a way to make civilization workable instead of abandoning the project.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
I agree DG. Thing is , the

I agree DG. Thing is , the communication barrier is them "Owners" of communication.

The message I often send , 'EAT THE RICH',  means what ?

to ME,  it means,  GO LIFE, GO CIVILIZATION.      Fuck Work , make work FUN !

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Participatory Democracy

I almost forgot about Michael Albert's work with "Parecon:Life after Capitalism,I did not say that "primitivism  or re wilding" is the way our society should adopt,what I was pointing out with Jensen's work is that we all live in a "Make Believe Culture",like Chomsky points out in his book "Necessary Illusions" in order to maintain a deeply rotted and corrupt government .Now if I want to read about "Primitivism" I would read "John Zerzan"

Signature ? How ?

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Yeah of course" god done it"

Yeah of course" god done it" , but NOW WHAT ?!!! ... a buddha sighed ..... 

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
But now what

I am God as You "god done it",but Now What ?!!!...a buddha sighed....   Please explain ?

Signature ? How ?

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
I never considered religious

I never considered religious definitions of god as valid. An "eastern" and much more universal definition of god is simply the "unknown force", or reality, or existence etc.

Therefore all is god, and god is why, and yeah "god done it" ... Now what! Religion dogma is worse than silly .... It's absurd, dangerous and tragic.

I simply refuse to let the religious dogmists "own" the g-o-d word. The g-o-d word isn't going away soon. I think of the kids and insist we fix the definition of god, rendering dogma for what it is, bullshit.

The wonderful "awe" I like to say, and so "GAWED" , I often write, to make my point.

This is the reason for my style of atheist preaching .... I'm just not that talented at communication, but trying to improve. Thanks RRS !

All is ONE , we are god, now what ?!?!   Go science, mind power !

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Hi-Jackin

I AM GOD AS You: Thanks for the Explanation,an I whole heartily agree that the religious people have hijacked not only the word god,but many other positive ways that a non-religious person leads their life.  SHIT they even Hijacked DEATH. When will people LEARN?

Signature ? How ?

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
deludedgod wrote:Those who

deludedgod wrote:
Those who cannot wait for civilization to fall on its face should remember it is not in their best interest, since there is no other manner in which 6 billion people could be sustained, or indeed, two orders of magnitude less than our current population could be sustained. The mass death that would result from the desired reversion would probably kill virtually everyone raised in a civilized society (which is mostly everyone), including Jensen. It is in his best interest, as it is in mine, yours, and everyone else's, that we find a way to make civilization workable instead of abandoning the project.

That's why I never understand people who think like this (reverting to a prior utopian social state that never actually existed). Seriously, if you don't think vaccines, antibiotics and analgesics are the greatest thing ever, you've never been really sick or injured. Modern medicine is the greatest. True, it can't help every little thing, but ... anyone been seriously injured? Are you going to tell me you didn't appreciate the painkillers?

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Bright KenG asks, " When

Bright Ken G asks, " When will people LEARN? " /////

Umm  ???  Well, for one, sue the FCC.  Socialize TV,  meaning add the missing  balance. For every hour of Christianity etc etc, demand equal counter view points. The TV is obviously a huge influence on the people. The rulers like the people being brainwashed. The mega rich like things the way they are  .....  "EAT THE RICH" ! 

What and who is the main enemy? What are fair taxes, how big of a military is needed, what is real ethical useful education, where and what is money ??? 

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Adam Curtis;The Rise and Fall of Television Journalist

I AM GOD AS YOU wrote that the FCC and what is on the BOOB TUBE are the culprits in this mass Illusion,I couldn't agree more.Have you ever check-out Adam Curtis work about the influence that the TV has on us.Like his BBC series shows us in : The Century of Self,The Power of Nightmares;Baby it's Cold Out Side and The Trap,these are real eye openers that we will not see on U.S. TV .P.S. have you ever checked out the Brights' Net Home page or Yoism.org ? they have a lot of good material. And as far as the TV viewing,for me at least LINK TV is the SHIT,no corporate sponsors,and they play "DEMOCRACY NOW!" twice a day,my favorite show.

Signature ? How ?

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Thanks for your reply Ken G.

Thanks for your reply Ken G. I definitely will check that all out. This is a huge important issue, the MEDIA

.... peaceful strong revolution from caring reason .... but I do own a bat, I hope to never have to use, but them mega rich fucks are pushing on me real bad !  errrrrr  

The Seeds - Pushin' Too Hard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhPvkzFJhnk

EAT THE RICH !

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Thanks for the Link I AM GOD AS YOU

WoW! I just had a FLASHBACK,what show was that on? The singer reminded me of the lead singer of "Paul Revere and the Raiders"Who I saw in a shopping mall ,back in the 60's.And check out "Brasscheck TV:Criminalizing Peace " I've got to learn how too cut and paste these sites or how ever you move videos from site too site

Soylent Green is People !!! I hope that in the future it'll be made from the Rich Ass holes,that make our life so miserable.

Signature ? How ?

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Love them Flashbacks .... go

Love them Flashbacks .... go communication !

and a thought while I was pissing under the stars, "why do the wild animals fear me?" Hey god,  what's the big idea ?