ABORT CHRIST!!!

OBSCENITEASE
OBSCENITEASE's picture
User is offlineOffline
ABORT CHRIST!!!

Now before you go off and think I’m saying that if the Immaculate Conception was being made manifest down the block... that we should rush over with a Hoover and suck the miracle child from the womb of the Blessed Virgin… let me clarify…

There are as many ideas of what the word ‘Christ’ even means within the culture, so since everyone has their own definition… I’ll assign the following. Christ in this modern culture most points, to me anyway, to the Fundamentalist Christian cult that is trying its damnedest not to become extinct and stay relevant.

Jesus Christ is this god who watches everything that you do and everything that you think. He’s recording every move you make and will ‘hold you accountable’ for everything when you die. ‘He’ has a plan and it’s your job to make sure that you somehow figure out what it is and do it. Can you ever really know what that plan is? Not sure, but the point is that it’s not YOUR plan. You’re asked to submit your will, and consequently the responsibility of your life.

In order to induce this submission, the Christian culture is infected with ideas of guilt, fear, and condemnation. It may be subtle in most arenas, but it happens with messages that constantly challenge your ‘commitment’ as a Christian. Always hovering is ‘where you’re at with ‘god’, are you reading your bible enough, praying enough, doing enough good? Most don’t take their faith seriously and just rest on ‘the grace of god’ to make up for things, but those that do take their faith seriously are in for a world of suffering once they realize that the standards of Biblical Christianity are simply impossible.

It’s designed that way, but most seem to be unconscious as to why these antiquated religious dogmas are death to the human spirit that aches for Freedom in those that want to live a conscious life.

When we say to ‘ABORT CHRIST’, we are declaring that we will not live under the fear, guilt, and condemnation that is the natural result of a Cult that boldly declares ONE TRUTH… Theirs!

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
It's definitely a good 2

It's definitely a good 2 word sentence guaranteed to piss Christians off - especially the conservative variety.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

inspectormustard
atheist
inspectormustard's picture
User is offlineOffline
Is it a sentence? I mean,

Is it a sentence? I mean, wouldn't the proper grammar be subject predicate?

"Christ, abort!"

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
It's a sentence. The subject

It's a sentence. The subject is you(understood.) Just like "Shut up" or "give me a beer."

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Yeah fuck them , I am CHRIST

Yeah fuck them , I am CHRIST as YOU ....

predicate  perfection

as I am what I am

nothing higher

nothing better

nothing separate

*ONE

OBSCENITEASE
OBSCENITEASE's picture
User is offlineOffline
I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:Yeah

I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:

Yeah fuck them , I am CHRIST as YOU ....

predicate  perfection

as I am what I am

nothing higher

nothing better

nothing separate

*ONE

ABSOFUCKINLUTELY!  

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Oh fuck.  They understand

Oh fuck.  They understand each other.

inspectormustard
atheist
inspectormustard's picture
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote:Oh fuck. 

Watcher wrote:

Oh shit, what do we do now?

Arkanrais
Arkanrais's picture
User is offlineOffline
inspectormustard

inspectormustard wrote:

Watcher wrote:

Oh shit, what do we do now?

get a 12 pack of beers and a bong (IAGAY should agree with me on this)

BTW, nice work OBSCENITEASE. I'll have to give it a re-read after I've got some sleep though as its around 1:30pm and I'm nocturnal, should've gone to bed a few hours ago.

Bulldog
Superfan
Bulldog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Good thread.  That would

Good thread.  That would make an awesome bumper sticker.  I'd make one and put it on my car but, in Bakersfield, CA that would be like showing the bottom of your shoe to a radical muslim.

"Erecting the 'wall of separation between church and state,' therefore, is absolutely essential in a free society." Thomas Jefferson
www.myspace.com/kenhill5150

dmar198
Theist
User is offlineOffline
OBSCENITEASE wrote:Now

OBSCENITEASE wrote:
Now before you go off and think I’m saying that if the Immaculate Conception was being made manifest down the block... that we should rush over with a Hoover and suck the miracle child from the womb of the Blessed Virgin… let me clarify…
You've already made one mistake. The Immaculate Conception refers to the sinless conception of the Blessed Virgin, not to the conception of Jesus, and is believed primarily by Catholics and a few Anglicans. Jesus' sinless conception is called the "Virgin Birth" because, since original sin is passed through lineage, it would have been impossible for Him to be conceived in sin, having been born only of a sinless person.

Quote:
There are as many ideas of what the word ‘Christ’ even means within the culture, so since everyone has their own definition… I’ll assign the following. Christ in this modern culture most points, to me anyway, to the Fundamentalist Christian cult that is trying its damnedest not to become extinct and stay relevant.
This is quite an arbitrary definition, but I'll run with it. I happen to be Catholic, but I know some Fundamentalist Christians and I think you have misrepresented them.
Quote:
Jesus Christ is this god who watches everything that you do and everything that you think. He’s recording every move you make and will ‘hold you accountable’ for everything when you die.
You are correct so far, although one has to try and see through the polemics.
Quote:
‘He’ has a plan
It seems strange that you'd put "he" in quotes... do you think there is some chance Jesus was a girl?
Quote:
and it’s your job to make sure that you somehow figure out what it is and do it.
Here is your first doctrinal error. In this you manifest that you are only attacking a strawman; I don't know any fundamentalist Christian who believes that it is up to every individual to figure out for themselves God's plan of salvation. There's something called Revelation and it means that God reveals to us the true path to salvation. If the Christian path is not revealed to you, that simply sucks for you. (I'm not sure if most fundamentalist Christians would agree with that last bit; many might support the notion that people to whom Christianity has not been revealed must simply follow their consciences as best they can see what is good and what is not.)
Quote:
the point is that it’s not YOUR plan. You’re asked to submit your will, and consequently the responsibility of your life.
Yes, good, this seems accurate.
Quote:
In order to induce this submission, the Christian culture is infected with ideas of guilt, fear, and condemnation.
I don't know any fundamentalist Christian who is afflicted by guilt, fear, or condemnation. Most fundamentalist Christians I know are morally certain of their status in God's grace. They are not afraid of death (for example) because they know they will be with their Lord in Heaven afterward. And they are not afflicted by guilt because they are generally pretty good people.
Quote:
It may be subtle in most arenas, but it happens with messages that constantly challenge your ‘commitment’ as a Christian.
This is tantamount to saying, "There may be no evidence, but trust me." I am often challenged to recommit myself to Christ; I don't feel guilty, afraid, or condemned. I don't know anyone who is. Do you actually know any Christians who feel guilty, afraid, or condemned for this reason? Or are you just saying, "Even though I don't know anyone who fits this description, trust me, that's what this leads to"?
Quote:
Always hovering is ‘where you’re at with ‘god’, are you reading your bible enough, praying enough, doing enough good?
Yes, and even metaphorically speaking I imagine you agree with these things. Shouldn't all people be challenged to follow their conscience? So if the fundamentalist Christian's conscience is formed around God, the Bible, prayer, and good works, is it really so horrifying that they are dedicated to doing those things? Or would you rather they spurn their God, burn their Bible, turn from prayer, and learn to do evil?
Quote:
Most don’t take their faith seriously and just rest on ‘the grace of god’ to make up for things, but those that do take their faith seriously are in for a world of suffering once they realize that the standards of Biblical Christianity are simply impossible.
That would be troubling. But I have not seen anyone who says that the Biblical standards are impossible, when you take into account that fundamentalist Christians think they have the help of God in trying to conform themselves to those standards.
Quote:
It’s designed that way, but most seem to be unconscious as to why these antiquated religious dogmas are death to the human spirit that aches for Freedom in those that want to live a conscious life.
Oh, goodness. "Even though Christians don't think they are slaves to dogma, they really are, and suffer from it. Trust me, I can tell." I believe all 255 dogmas of the Catholic faith and truly think they are the very basis of spiritual freedom. Fundamentalist Christians have very many fewer dogmas, probably around 50, and I very much doubt any of them feels enslaved to them. Certainly none of the ones I know. You seem to think of dogma as some kind of ceiling that we have to get past to reach for freedom. Christians, on the other hand, think of dogma as a roof that we stand on, aiding us in our quest for freedom.
Quote:
When we say to ‘ABORT CHRIST’, we are declaring that we will not live under the fear, guilt, and condemnation that is the natural result of a Cult that boldly declares ONE TRUTH… Theirs!
If the fundamentalist Christian cult truly led to fear, guilt, and condemnation, and intolerance, this would be a very noble manifesto. However it does not, and there is no evidence that it does. Or do you declare that there is only "one truth", only instead of it being "theirs", it is yours? 

I don't have a deep, thought-provoking signature......but I do love chocolate!