Israel Hawkins

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Israel Hawkins

Who's heard of this asshat "prophet" (read: Cult Leader)? I couldn't find a site for him online, but apparently he's predicting the end of the world today. Suppoesedy he predicted a nuclear war for a few months ago, too. Why do people keep believing that shit after so many of their predictions epic fail? I guess they say something like their faith prevented it.

Who's up for finding where to contact him and sending some "epic fail" pictures tomorrow morning? And please tell me he's no relation to Rook!

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
He runs/ran the House of

He runs/ran the House of Yahweh in Abilene TX.

www.yahweh.com

here's the Wikipedia entry just for gits and shiggles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Yahweh

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I guess it would be hard for

I guess it would be hard for him to read his emails anyway, since apparently his ass is in jail. And it actually still says on the stupid book that it would be June 12 of last year. Oops. Well we have less than 9 hours assuming EDT - but since it's for the Iraq area it's less than an hour. There is no "contact us" link to send epic fail pics unfortunately. Who wants to bet in a few days the prediction will be for June 12, 2009? These asshats never admit they fucked up or made it up and their followers don't realize it on their own.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Update: He epic failed.

Update: He epic failed.

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
It actually makes me sad

It actually makes me sad that he is so mentally ill ..his mind so perfectly screwed up ..... he was told it would happen and that it was so real in his mind that he was able to 'sell it' to others.

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

Balrogoz
User is offlineOffline
 Anyone remember 10 or 15

Anyone remember 10 or 15 years back when a hurricane (Andrew, perhaps?) was supposed to ~clobber~ Florida?  It veered off  before making landfall and Pat Robertson declared that he had prayed America out of danger.  SHortly after the same hurricane SLAMMED New England.

Anyone else remember that?

If I have gained anything by damning myself, it is that I no longer have anything to fear. - JP Sartre

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
"House of Yaweh" sounds like

"House of Yaweh" sounds like a theme breakfast restaurant.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Balrogoz wrote: Anyone

Balrogoz wrote:

Anyone remember 10 or 15 years back when a hurricane (Andrew, perhaps?) was supposed to ~clobber~ Florida?  It veered off  before making landfall and Pat Robertson declared that he had prayed America out of danger.  SHortly after the same hurricane SLAMMED New England.

Anyone else remember that?

Actually it hit Virginia Beach - right where his HQ is!

I still think it would have been funny if the subject of this thread had gotten thousands of e mails on the 13th that were nothing but fail/epic fail pictures.

Kay Cat
Superfan
Kay Cat's picture
User is offlineOffline
Abilene Texas...

jcgadfly wrote:

He runs/ran the House of Yahweh in Abilene TX.

www.yahweh.com

here's the Wikipedia entry just for gits and shiggles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Yahweh

I've got an uncle who lives there. Not surprisingly, he didn't inform the rest of our family about this, as he doesn't subscribe to the beliefs of end-timers and other nuts.

one of the more notable universities in Abilene is Abilene Christian University,  which is associated with The Church of Christ. (just something to think about)

edited to include something on the official website:

Quote:
Yes, and all who will live Righteously, as Yahshua Messiah, will suffer persecution.

I couldn't resist commenting on this bit; supposing someone lived as Jesus, wouldn't that mean that person would be persecuted regardless? It reads like me saying someone living like Mr. Charles Ponzi did would be living the life of a confidence man. I'm just stating the obvious for the fun of it.

Vote for McCain... www.therealmccain.com ...and he'll bring Jesus back