Reports of a contretemps... [Trollville]

Nialler
User is offlineOffline
Reports of a contretemps... [Trollville]

There are lots of reports flying around that Brian was beaten up by Greydon.

Do the core members wish to comment on these? From all accounts, it seems that there was a disagreement over money.

I hope that Brian wasn't badly hurt.

Nialler
User is offlineOffline
http://teapotatheism.blogspot

http://teapotatheism.blogspot.com/2008/06/aha-conference-wrap-up.html

There's more at the above link.

There's mention of an ambulance being called.

Anyone available to comment on what happened?

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
I hope you changed your

I hope you changed your pants before you came here trolling.

Nialler
User is offlineOffline
What an ignorant

What an ignorant response.

Please note that I am reporting what appears to be a serious assault on one of the founding members of RRS.

Do you not think that that is noteworthy? That it merits a comment or two and an explanation as to what happened and how Brian is?

No?

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Do you not think that

Quote:
Do you not think that that is noteworthy? That it merits a comment or two and an explanation as to what happened and how Brian is?

I think that anything that happens to a core member is very noteworthy -- to the core member.

The message boards are here as an atheist community for the purpose of debating theism with theists, offering a place of refuge for atheists who feel alone in their real life, and for promoting science and rationality.  It's not a news channel for trolls who like finding bad things to say about RRS.

Any questions?

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Nialler
User is offlineOffline
thingy wrote:I hope you

thingy wrote:

I hope you changed your pants before you came here trolling.

However, I am appreciative of your concerns for my clothing arrangements. Perhaps as a superfan you might yourself consider paying more attention to the physical health of your hero, though. I don't think that he'd appreciate your lack of concern.

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:It's not a news

Quote:
It's not a news channel for trolls who like finding bad things to say about RRS.

Oh, and if you take this sentence as evidence that RRS did something bad, I promise I'll ban you.  You know precisely what I mean.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

Books about atheism

Nialler
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:Quote:Do

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:

I think that anything that happens to a core member is very noteworthy -- to the core member.

The message boards are here as an atheist community for the purpose of debating theism with theists, offering a place of refuge for atheists who feel alone in their real life, and for promoting science and rationality.  It's not a news channel for trolls who like finding bad things to say about RRS.

Any questions?

Any questions? Why, yes, I do have some.

Was Brian assaulted?

If so, what was the reason?

Was there a problem with distribution of CD's?

If there is a problem at the core of the community that you describe, then real questions about finances raise their head, and the RRS becomes detrimental to the cause of freethought.

These are real and valid concerns. Some transparency is neded. Was there some financial chicanery involved?

If the RRS is on the level, then these questions should be answered openly and honestly.

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Was Brian assaulted?If

Quote:
Was Brian assaulted?

If you already knew the answer, then it would be your business.  Since you don't, it obviously isn't. 

Quote:
If so, what was the reason?

If so, it would probably be because someone wanted to hit him.

Quote:
Was there a problem with distribution of CD's?

If there was, would it justify an assault?

Quote:
If there is a problem at the core of the community that you describe, then real questions about finances raise their head, and the RRS becomes detrimental to the cause of freethought.

Why are you so worried about our finances?  For your information, the RRS doesn't receive enough from donations to keep operating, so all of the core members donate significant amounts of their income.  If you'd like to become a gold member, your donation would help to free the core members from their multiple jobs so that they could spend more time running the site.

We've been over this before.  The only person I know of raising questions of finances is you, and you apparently have nothing but some internet rumor you heard.

Quote:
These are real and valid concerns. Some transparency is neded. Was there some financial chicanery involved?

The RRS is quite transparent -- with its donors, who are the only ones who need transparency.  You just want transparency because you've decided that RRS is some kind of giant mansion where everyone is living high off of five dollars a month from twenty donors.

Quote:
If the RRS is on the level, then these questions should be answered openly and honestly.

If you're on the level, then you should admit you're just looking for some dirt so that you can tell everyone what rotten people we are.

Books about atheism

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Someone in this room:   Is

Someone in this room:

Is an AGGRESSOR!!

Nialler
User is offlineOffline
Oooh, defensive.It's simple.

Oooh, defensive.

It's simple. Really simple.

If Greydon was being ripped off (or if the fans who paid money for CD's that were never delivered were ripped off), then you have a problem. Of course if this happened, then violence is still not justified at all. There is always recourse to the law to settle these things.

In the meantime, I would point you at the many campaigns which have been run against Televangelists. They rip people off. If the RRS is doing the same, then that needs to be exposed.

In order to separate themselves from the Televangelists, the RRS needs to be whiter than white. Instead, we are told by Brian that the funds allow Kelly to take a couple of weeks off work.

It looks bad and it needs to be addressed.

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Oooh, defensive.It's

Quote:

Oooh, defensive.

It's simple. Really simple.

No, Nialler.  The point is, this is none of your business.

Quote:
If Greydon was being ripped off (or if the fans who paid money for CD's that were never delivered were ripped off), then you have a problem. Of course if this happened, then violence is still not justified at all. There is always recourse to the law to settle these things.

Greydon was not being ripped off.  {EDIT: Pardon me.  I just read this thoroughly.  It is possible that INTERNET RUMORS greatly exaggerated a couple of problems with shipping.  I'm honestly not 100% certain if there was any problem at all.  If there was, it was minor.}

Quote:
In the meantime, I would point you at the many campaigns which have been run against Televangelists. They rip people off. If the RRS is doing the same, then that needs to be exposed.

There is literally no way that Greydon could have been getting ripped off.  I will not explain this any further to you because it's not your business.

Quote:
In order to separate themselves from the Televangelists, the RRS needs to be whiter than white. Instead, we are told by Brian that the funds allow Kelly to take a couple of weeks off work.

Are you aware of how long it's been since Brian or Kelly had a day off?  Do you realize that they have both worked 16-20 hour days seven days a week for over two years?  Furthermore, do you know the whole story?  Are you sure there wasn't something outside of the RRS that they might need to attend to, seeing as how they are human beings who have families and friends and lives outside of RRS?

You're a troll, and all you've ever been interested in is discrediting the RRS, and you've never had a shred of evidence other than internet rumours.  Grow up.  This news conference is over.

Books about atheism