The Oldest Copy of the Qur'an...

Michael A. Thompson
Michael A. Thompson's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Oldest Copy of the Qur'an...

I tracked this down and thought you all might be interested.  A little piece of history that has been saved.  This copy was finished (651 AD)  just 19 years after Muhammad's death (632 AD).  I guess it's a lot easier to keep something intact when you have one person making up the myth (the Qur'an) then it is to combine multiple myths (the New Testament).  

"Those who have stepped into the arena shall forever cherish a feeling the protected will never know."

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
 Mike, the "this" link is

Mike, the "this" link is missing ....

Michael A. Thompson
User is offlineOffline
 Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for the heads up.  Here is the link again: BBC NEWS | Asia-Pacific | Tashkent's hidden Islamic relic

"Those who have stepped into the arena shall forever cherish a feeling the protected will never know."

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
That collection would be a

That collection would be a dream come true to take a look at... to translate, transcribe, preserve.  That copy of the Qur'an would be invaluable to study.  I would be terribly interested in how the part that remains matches up to other copies and later editions.

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."

Grant
User is offlineOffline
the Othman Qur'an

A better description here:
http://portal.unesco.org/ci/en/files/5869/10352132140holy_koran_mushaf_othman_en.pdf/holy_koran_mushaf_othman_en.pdf
Seems some photocopies have existed: look at the bibligraphy section.

- Grant
There is nothing quite so practical as a really good theory (Faraday)

Michael A. Thompson
User is offlineOffline
 Thanks for the link.

Thanks for the link.  Blood from the victim of the assassination that caused the Shia/Sunni split still on the document?  Talk about history!  Definitely a priceless document if there ever was one.  Thanks again Grant for the extra info.