Irrational Fears

Louis_Cypher
BloggerSuperfan
Louis_Cypher's picture
User is offlineOffline
Irrational Fears

Yesterday, I was assisting in a post mortum proceedure involving an older gentleman who had fallen from his boat and drowned, pretty straight forward.

As I was getting ready to prep the body it clicked into place... Lake, water... LEECHES!!!!

Sure enough, I turned the fellow over in the body bag and the damned thing was filled with blood suckers...

I have a pathological FEAR of the little bastards, so much so that I cringed across the room while my Doctor, (all 4'9, 98lbs of her ) plucked them out of the bag with forcepts and dropped them into a bucket of bleach....

Ok... I'm a monster, 6' 280lb ex combat medic, ex firefighter... I cut up corpses for a living... in short, very little on the planet scares me...or even bothers me, except....

I know my fear is irrational... the bastards are no worse than mosquitoes. And I even know where I aquired said fear... but I can't shake it off.

Does any one else here have fears that they can't get past that fall into the class of Irrational?

LC >;-}>

Christianity: A disgusting middle eastern blood cult, based in human sacrifice, with sacraments of cannibalism and vampirism, whose highest icon is of a near naked man hanging in torment from a device of torture.

HeyZeusCreaseToe
Superfan
HeyZeusCreaseToe's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon, I appreciate your

Luminon, I appreciate your ideas, and think if you got together with a ghostwriter you could go quite far in the new age movement with respect to past life regression. I don't believe in any of what you say, but it is always entertaining to read. That wasn't meant to be mean, just saying, your posts are fun. Cheers.

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
HeyZeusCreaseToe

HeyZeusCreaseToe wrote:

Luminon, I appreciate your ideas, and think if you got together with a ghostwriter you could go quite far in the new age movement with respect to past life regression. I don't believe in any of what you say, but it is always entertaining to read. That wasn't meant to be mean, just saying, your posts are fun. Cheers.

No problem, entertaining people is one of my hobbies. I once was a great joke teller. I don't like to write a boring things, everything I do must be a bit special, or interesting. Reputedly, people like me likes to 'spice up the reality for a bit', but in my case, it's already that way, so I'm just quite precisely presenting what happens around.  Thanks for appreciation!

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Go imagination ,  Kill

Go imagination ,  Kill DOGMA , all is ONE. No Religion ..... no SEPARATION ....

Go Science, investigation of the parts,

FUCK RELIGION OF idol WORSHIP, dogma crap .....

Rosvarga
Rosvarga's picture
User is offlineOffline
I am absolutely repulsed by

I am absolutely repulsed by many kinds of (but not all) insects. Most of them look disgusting, and they always fly around and try to bite me, not respecting my personal space. 

Boon Docks
User is offlineOffline
Insects

Most of the little critters here are great when used as bait, bass just love them.  Walleye, northern pike, musky, great fishing lures!!

If I had any real fears, I must have stayed away from them for so long that I don't remember what they are.