Creationist video debunking evolution

CircleK
CircleK's picture
User is offlineOffline
Creationist video debunking evolution

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=30505

I watched this video and it came up with some arguments that were interesting. I would like to see what atheists think about this and if they can debunk this. BTW I am not a theist, just don't have all the answers to these questions, though I can tell the video is most likely pseudo-scientific and holding back/cherry-picking facts.

joeyknuccione (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Evolution vs Creation

Creation has no verifiable proof whatsoever. None. Nada. Zilch. Evolution, while perhaps still lacking in some areas, provides so much proof in others. Evolution does not say how life got here. Let me say that again. Evolution does not say how life got here. What it does say is how it has changed since getting here. Regardless of whether a sky daddy put life here, it is evolving, changing, and adapting to its surroundings. Much like religion changes and adapts to public perceptions (do the research).

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dude, I'm a layman. I know

Dude, I'm a layman. I know dick shit about biology or evolutionary biology.

I do know, however, that it has yielded practical applications. That is, it works, which is more than can be said for Intelligent Design pseudo-science. Irreductible Complexity has been debunked over and over again... I don't see how people can continue clinging to it. I'm not of the expertise to comment on the variety of other claims, other than to say that no compelling evidence for a creator exists.

Perhaps DeludedGod could shed some light on this topic, if he feels it's worth his time.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

hazindu
Superfan
hazindu's picture
User is offlineOffline
I finally got around to

I finally got around to watching this last night, and I don't know why I was expecting anything other than, "I don't know what science is, so my religion must be right."

"I've yet to witness circumstance successfully manipulated through the babbling of ritualistic nonsense to an imaginary deity." -- me (josh)

If god can do anything, can he make a hot dog so big even he can't eat all of it?

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline
That made my head hurt a

That made my head hurt a little bit.