ScientistSuperfan
User is offlineOffline

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Under most scenarios,

Quote:
Under most scenarios, "believers in the unreal" went extinct. But when Dow included the assumption that non-believers would be attracted to religious people because of some clear, but arbitrary, signal, religion flourished.

If this turns out to be true, people are going to have a much harder time arguing against my stance on moderate religion.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Arkanrais
Arkanrais's picture
User is offlineOffline
Interesting. It seems to me

Interesting. It seems to me that computer logic is encroaching on theistic ideas and eroding them by showing that they are false, demonstrating how theistic concepts could have come to life. This reminds me of the Technological Singularity. I'll explain a bit; the singularity is when artificial intelligence overtakes or becomes equal to human intelligence. I expect when (if?) this happens and the AI can argue points with humans, they will be able to deductively prove that peoples ideas of gods, the supernatural, superstitions and the like are false, then going on to show how exactly they are false. Essentially, they will be like mass produced 'deluded gods'.

Bring on the deluded god army, I say.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
GOOGLE is 100% GOD ,

GOOGLE is 100% GOD , geezzz, I wish everyone could see, all should know of "this" ....     

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:However, religion only

Quote:
However, religion only takes hold if non-believers help believers out

Does helping them out of their religion count?

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.