Christ's 2'nd Coming ?

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Christ's 2'nd Coming ?

Do any Christian theists here still believe in Jesus' eminent arrival upon Earth ?

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
I can tell you that the

I can tell you that the christians I know do,as did I when I was one.My mother in particular is a end times fanatic. I think chrisitans will always see signs to justify believeing jesus will come in their time.

It leads to to wonder-how long would have to pass without jesus returning before they admitted something wasn't right?Though they'd probably chalk it up to mis-translation or something.

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

BMcD
User is offlineOffline
I know I certainly do. My

I know I certainly do. My friend Dave Rodriguez is quite firm in his intent to name his son 'Jesus', and if his wife isn't about ready to pop any day now, then she swallowed a blimp whole.

Oh... oh wait... you meant THAT Jesus, didn't you?

nevermind! Smiling

"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons." - The Waco Kid

Jiggles Vibe
User is offlineOffline
from what i've been told by

from what i've been told by theists, we wouldn't know when it'll happen, so to predict the 2nd coming by anyone or find any warnings is meaningless. some say he'll come 'like a thief at night'. He's going to steal all our possessions!

"The longer you live the higher you fly,
the smiles you'll give and the tears you'll cry,
all you touch and all you see,
is all your life will ever be."
-Pink Floyd, The Dark Side of the Moon.

totus_tuus
Theist
totus_tuus's picture
User is offlineOffline
I do.

I do.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Any minute now ...

Any minute now ...

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
He must be taking Viagara or

He must be taking Viagara or something if he can come twice. That reminds me of one of my favorite jokes:

What's white and rains from the sky?

The coming of the lord.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:He must be

MattShizzle wrote:

He must be taking Viagara or something if he can come twice.

Naw, that just takes practice.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
There has to be a 1st before

There has to be a 1st before there can be a 2nd