A couple of finished drawings

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
A couple of finished drawings

I started messing with colored pencils again after a nearly twenty year hiatus.  It felt a bit rusty:

And here's a remake of "The Dragon Thief":

I just bought a drafting table and I'm hoping to get it up so I can work on my next project: a large reconstruction of Microraptor gui in color.

Waiting for Oblivion
Waiting for Oblivion's picture
User is offlineOffline
The first one is very good,

The first one is very good, although it would have been better if it had more dinosaurs. The second one is good too, but the head of that gnome, dwarf or whatever he is looks very big for it's body.

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
Waiting for Oblivion

Waiting for Oblivion wrote:

The first one is very good, although it would have been better if it had more dinosaurs. The second one is good too, but the head of that gnome, dwarf or whatever he is looks very big for it's body.

Drawing Number 1: Find the T. rex "Easter Egg" Smiling  (It shows up a bit better in the original.) And yes, more dinosaurs would have been nice, but I wasn't quite ready for that, yet.

Drawing Number 2: There's a story behind the picture.  Dwarves have large heads.  Elves have gracile bodies...at least according to most fantasy fiction. This particular being is a half-breed.  I made his body less stout on purpose, although I wasn't thinking of it in those terms exactly.  I was, however, thinking of a story about a half-dwarf, half-elf who wasn't very well accepted by some members of his village.

FWIW...

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
I like that very much Iruka,

I like that very much Iruka, turns on my imagination. Alot of art just leaves me flat. I can "feel" that.  I like color, but seeing it both ways, the black and white versions too, would be interesting. Just guessing I will always prefer color added , Wow so many possibilities .....  

Art, and black and white, here's my dad's brother, my uncle, Steve Holland, "Flash Gorden" the actor. The handsome blond haired hero. He was the "Winston Man" too, the cigarette model dude in the old magazines 'Look' and 'LIFE' etc.

Then he got real serious about painting, mostly cowboy western stuff. He was cool.

My uncle "Flash"  , and his crew, Dale and Evans  !!! Cool spaceship ! They have radar guns. Flash wins every fight. He is a top notch boxer, and the girls love him!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRnCk5L59mE&feature=related

ETC __  Flash Gordon: Saboteurs From Space pt. 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co3Z7DWjNe4

When I was 5 yrs old and he was on TV, I was proud of him but wished he was Superman instead ! 

Life is Art in progress  ..... 

Then there is my uncle Don , a famous womanizer lover who taught me well !

Waiting for Oblivion
Waiting for Oblivion's picture
User is offlineOffline
Interesting story I wonder

Interesting story I wonder who was the father and who was the mother.

I believe there was a D&D book that had half elf-half dwarf, they were called Dwelf, which led to the joke of a half orc-half dwarf: the Dorc.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Drawing Number 2:

Quote:
Drawing Number 2: There's a story behind the picture.  Dwarves have large heads.  Elves have gracile bodies...at least according to most fantasy fiction. This particular being is a half-breed.  I made his body less stout on purpose, although I wasn't thinking of it in those terms exactly.  I was, however, thinking of a story about a half-dwarf, half-elf who wasn't very well accepted by some members of his village.

My favorite D&D saying directly relates to my interest in evolution:  "You don't have to run faster than the dragon.  You just have to run faster than the dwarf."

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
Waiting for Oblivion

Waiting for Oblivion wrote:

Interesting story I wonder who was the father and who was the mother.

I believe there was a D&D book that had half elf-half dwarf, they were called Dwelf, which led to the joke of a half orc-half dwarf: the Dorc.

ROTF Smiling

In the story (which is all in my mind for now and may stay there), this half-elf, half-Dwarf lives in a village where the citizens believe the luck of the village depends upon keeping a living dragon.  The village dragon recently died and the dragon master, to whom the dragon thief in the picture was an apprentice, tried to procure a new dragon.  I believe the dragonmaster is one of the skulls arranged around the nest to dissuade this kind of behavior. Eye-wink

The dragon thief was actually much better with dragons than the dragonmaster Elf, but because he wasn't a full blood, he was lucky to be apprentice.  When the dragonmaster died, it was his turn to acquire a baby dragon for the village.  He's beside himself because he has found a white dragonling, which is very rare.  Unfortunately, he's so preoccupied, he doesn't see "Mom" barreling down on him. 

(The fairy is acting as a guide.)

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Wow.Nice work. I wish I

Wow.

Nice work. I wish I could do that. My drawing talents begin and end with a stick-figure drawing of Mr. T.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin