I think I encountered an argument the deductibvly disproves God

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I think I encountered an argument the deductibvly disproves God

1. God is Omniscient, i.e. knows everything.
2. No one but children know why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
3. God is a timeless being and therefore cannot be a child
4. (2,3 subconclusion) Therefore, god cannot know why kids love cinnamon toast crunch.
5. (1,4 subconclusion) God must therefore both know why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch and not know simultaneously.
6. (5) is an obvious contradiction.
7. A being or object cannot exist with mutually exclusive states
---
8. Therefore, god does not exist.

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
You might also want to look

You might also want to look into Trix theory. It's a newer field of study than CTC, and is (essentially) as follows:

1. God is Omnipotent (all powerful)

2. Trix are for kids, exclusively.

3. God is a deity outside of space and time (and, as CTC theory has already established, not a kid)

4. (2,3 subconclusion) Therefore, God cannot eat a bowl of Trix cereal.

5. (1,4 subconclusion) God must therefore be able to eat a bowl of Trix, and cannot.

---

8. Therefore, God doesn't exist.

Further studies need to be done. Experimentation with cartoon rabbits has made-up most of the progress so far; a search for new cereal mascots is underway.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

Tilberian
Tilberian's picture
User is offlineOffline
In your face, Jesuits!

In your face, Jesuits!

Theia
Theia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:1. God

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

1. God is Omniscient, i.e. knows everything.
2. No one but children know why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
4. (2,3 subconclusion) Therefore, god cannot know why kids love cinnamon toast crunch.
5. (1,4 subconclusion) God must therefore both know why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch and not know simultaneously.
---
8. Therefore, god does not exist.

No, #2 doesn't work. I like Cinnamon Toast Crunch and I'm not a child so I understand it. I think a better argument would be, "Only children know why kids think farts are funny." 

"The Bible looks like it started out as a game of Mad Libs" - Bill Maher

Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
User is offlineOffline
1. God is Omniscient and all

1. God is Omniscient and all powerful.

2. Nobody but children know where the Honeycomb Hideout is. Or why a cereal flake the size of a thumbnail is considered big and not small, no, no, no.

3. God can't get his hands on Lucky Charms either, they are magically delicious. Which makes me wonder if leprechauns are more powerful than God. That would be cool.

4. Snap, Krackle and Popp are clearly homosexual, and live in a tree in sin with the Keebler Elves. If God were all powerful, he'd smite them. I know I would if they lived in my tree. So he cannot be all powerful - or just.

5. Therefore, God probably does not exist, and if he did, high fructose corn syrup is apparently the new iron chariot.

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Theia wrote:I think a

Theia wrote:

I think a better argument would be, "Only children know why kids think farts are funny." 

Farts are funny because it's the sound of someone's buttcheeks clapping.

Duh.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:3. God

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Why can't a timeless being remain a child forever? You know Never, never land. This could explain God's temper tantrums.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote:Farts are

Watcher wrote:

Duh.

A Zen moment:

What is the sound of one butcheek clapping?

(It's not a koan, it has an answerSmiling

The withering of a houseplant.

This has been a Zen moment.

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
JillSwift wrote:What is the

JillSwift wrote:

What is the sound of one butcheek clapping?

Half-assed applause.

Theia
Theia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote:Theia wrote:I

Watcher wrote:

Theia wrote:

I think a better argument would be, "Only children know why kids think farts are funny." 

Duh.

And the sound of buttcheeks clapping is funny because .... ???

"The Bible looks like it started out as a game of Mad Libs" - Bill Maher

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
Theia wrote:And the sound of

Theia wrote:

And the sound of buttcheeks clapping is funny because .... ???

Why do i have a feeling that one of us, is going to have to define "funny" shortly...

What Would Kharn Do?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Captain,You, like a standard

Captain,

You, like a standard theist have the same ability to over conflate what should be a simple statement into something needlessly complex.

The reason the omni-god concept is broken is because magic is fantasy, it is merely emotional dreaming.

To believe in a literal omni-god is absurd. It would mean that one would also have to believe such a god could POOF change a cheeseburger into a chair. It would mean that such a god could POOF turn my penis into a bottle cap.

No such being exists because magic is fantasy. God(s)/supernatural/ are merely human dreams.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog