"God's Will" (Not for the squeemish)

JanCham
User is offlineOffline
"God's Will" (Not for the squeemish)

== The Following is a little story that I came up after hearing a debate on "The will of God" and how people attempt to console loss with the idea that some sky daddy has a plan for them.  I am not a professional writer, so forgive me if this doesn't exactly win any awards, but I think the message will be useful enough ==

On a fair spring day she waited at the stop with Mother by her side. In the distance she could see the buss that would take her home, at the moment her coveralls grass stained with her many hours of play. Her eyes starred down the long vanishing point where the tiny vehicle was, so far away it seemed to stand still. Footsteps behind her were drowned out by the interest in the odd optical illusion and how the buss began to slowly grow in size.

"Mary"

The wise tone of an old man caught her by surprise. She turned her head, looking over her shoulder and gripped her mothers hand tightly. Mother looked over at her for a moment, seemingly unaware of the old man's voice. She simply turned her attention back to what she was busy with before.

"You've grown white a bit Mary, Seven years, do you know what happens when your seven?"

Mary remained silent. His kind smile and well groomed snowy beard made her think of Santa Claws, but Santa didn't wore a white suit like the one he had. He looked more like a salesman, he even had a name tag on. It was an odd name, only three letters long and yet the gleam of the sun made it very hard to read across the little gold plate those letters were etched in. The best she could manage of her nervous body was to shake her head.

"The age of reason, the age that little girls and little boys are old enough to know sin", in the background she could hear the engine of the buss now and the urgency to get away from him. The old man was drawing closer, bending one knee to lower his eyes to her level. "Mary, you are a special child, you will be my soldier in coming times and for that you must be strong in the face of loss"

That kind smile never shifted to a grimace or any expression of hate. Without the batting of an eye he pushed Mother forward as the buss slid into place at the stop. Mary did all she could to keep her hand tight around mothers, but an elderly hand grasped her wrist so tight the pain made her fingers slip. Seven year old eyes starring down at her mothers crushed figure, chest pinned under wheel.

Numbness came over her, unaware of the emotion she should feel at the moment other than the threat that was his man in white. With glassy eyes she looked up at his smiling face as he stood up straight adjusting his alabaster tie. Without a word he turned to walk away. In a few days a Priest would tell her something she knew even in that fearful moment, it was God's Will that killed Mother.

To go beyond your limits you must first find them.

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
It does a good job of

It does a good job of getting the point across.Death and christians are almost a pet peeve of mine. Why do they get outraged at muderers for doing god's will? Why do they mourn their dead when they are now in heaven?

The normal answer is christians are people too, don't be a heartless bastard.Well, if they're going to say 'they're in a better place', or 'it was god's will' some of the time,they better believe it all the time. Have you ever seen a christian go ecstatically happy over a loved (saved) one's death? Nope, but you'd think they would. Truth is,they're even more scared of death than most people, no matter what they say about meeting jesus when they die. And when have you seen one thank their child's killer for doing god's will and sending their child to be with jesus?

Obviously I don't expect any sane person to do that. Not like they practise what they preach anyway.

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

Louis_Cypher
BloggerSuperfan
Louis_Cypher's picture
User is offlineOffline
Gods will...

George Carlin wrote:
We've gotta get this 'god' fella, that's the third kid he's killed this week...

I see it all the time...

A two year old gets backed over by his grandmother... Gods will.

A young man pushes the wrong button and his father gets crushed in some logging equipment... Gods will.

Two women, a mother and daughter slide on an icey road, flip, crash and burn to death...the would be rescuers hear their final screams of agony... Gods will.

We gotta get this fella god...

LC >;-}>

Christianity: A disgusting middle eastern blood cult, based in human sacrifice, with sacraments of cannibalism and vampirism, whose highest icon is of a near naked man hanging in torment from a device of torture.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I forget who it was that

I forget who it was that said it, but if anyone deserves an eternity in Hell, it's the god of the Bible.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:I forget

MattShizzle wrote:

I forget who it was that said it, but if anyone deserves an eternity in Hell, it's the god of the Bible.

Agreed.

UltraMonk
User is offlineOffline
Louis_Cypher wrote:George

Louis_Cypher wrote:

George Carlin wrote:
We've gotta get this 'god' fella, that's the third kid he's killed this week...

I see it all the time...

A two year old gets backed over by his grandmother... Gods will.

A young man pushes the wrong button and his father gets crushed in some logging equipment... Gods will.

Two women, a mother and daughter slide on an icey road, flip, crash and burn to death...the would be rescuers hear their final screams of agony... Gods will.

We gotta get this fella god...

Can't we just take God to court and let the law deal with him.

Of course he would get a death sentence for his many crimes, be lethally injected, survives, and then be let free.

Or would he do the right thing and accept the judgement laid down and off himself?

: Freedom - The opportunity to have responsibility.

: Liberty is about protecting the right of others to disagree with you.

Blind_Chance
Blind_Chance's picture
User is offlineOffline
UltraMonk wrote:Can't we

UltraMonk wrote:

Can't we just take God to court and let the law deal with him.

I actually did it in High School in my play. I sentenced him to death by consign to oblivion. That's normal process which met all gods from our pantheon.

Ecrasez l'infame!