Grand Theft Auto

Milkshake89
Milkshake89's picture
User is offlineOffline
Grand Theft Auto

Calling all videogame nerds.

Grand Theft Auto IV's comin' out in the end of the month. I barely play any videogames lately because I feel that they are a waste of time, but THIS... this is my religion.

Nothing beats stealing cars and running over helpless citizens. Or taking money from dead prostitutes. YES.

The online mode looks promising. ANYBODY DIG ?

Big Willem
User is offlineOffline
Nerd present!

GTA IV is coming out on the first day of my one week holiday (no accident). Plans for the holiday do not involve a lot of sleeping.

I feel sorry for my neighbors. (I own a big TV and a bigger stereo....)

Willem

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Milkshake89 wrote:Or taking

Milkshake89 wrote:

Or taking money from dead prostitutes.

You can take your money back after you kill them??

I didn't know you could do that in Grand Theft.  Damn.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

Big Willem
User is offlineOffline
Yep. Get car, find

Yep. Get car, find prostitute, have sex, give money, kill prostitute, get money back.

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Big Willem wrote:Yep. Get

Big Willem wrote:

Yep. Get car, find prostitute, have sex, give money, kill prostitute, get money back.

Well where the heck is the loot corpse button?  Can you take money from every victim you kill?  If you kill the prostitute do you just get back the money you just paid her or more?

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

Milkshake89
Milkshake89's picture
User is offlineOffline
lol, noobThe money floats in

lol, noob

The money floats in the air, if the bitch has any. (sorry about the unnecessary pejorative terms)

HeyZeusCreaseToe
Superfan
HeyZeusCreaseToe's picture
User is offlineOffline
Its already here

Its already out...oh wait, you said Grand Theft Auto 

My Bad!

http://image.vodconcepts.com/image/cover/151/15197.cover.jpg

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda

Creucent
Creucent's picture
User is offlineOffline
Already have my copy

Already have my copy reserved. Laughing out loud I've considered making a nerdy thread to exchange Xbox Live GamerTags. Halo 3, anybody?

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Milkshake89 wrote:lol,

Milkshake89 wrote:

lol, noob

The money floats in the air, if the bitch has any. (sorry about the unnecessary pejorative terms)

Wait a minute...are you guys talking about Grand Theft Auto 3?

Strafio
Strafio's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've got a Wii and a first

I've got a Wii and a first rate PC... the only platforms this game isn't coming out for...

Meh!
I've been meaning to get a life beyond staring at the monitor anyhow!

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
gamer here

Right now I am a huge COD4 fan, I sold my Halo 3, because the online, just well doesn't compare to COD 4 (and I have no regrets doing this) however I am waiting for GTA IV and Gears of War 2 now that it has been announced.

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
latincanuck wrote:Right now

latincanuck wrote:

Right now I am a huge COD4 fan, I sold my Halo 3, because the online, just well doesn't compare to COD 4 (and I have no regrets doing this) however I am waiting for GTA IV and Gears of War 2 now that it has been announced.

Yeah. I'm waiting for GoW2, and Resistance 2, and Haze, and MGS4. I might pick up Grand Turismo 5: prologue now that it's out, but then I'd have to get that nifty steering wheel. I'm not big on racing games, but GT5:P looks stellar. I have to admit, I've not been a big fan of the GTA games. Nothing against them. But GTA4 looks like it might have a good storyline, as much as those things have storylines.

Playstation tag: nigelTheBold (though I'm not often on these days)

XBox Live tag: orginalNTB

Just in case.

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers

phooney
phooney's picture
User is offlineOffline
I always loved stealing me a

I always loved stealing me a sturdy vehicle and then driving up and down on the sidewalk at maximum speed right in front of the police station, with total disregard for(simulated) human safety.  It was always fun to turn around and steal the armoured vehicles they sent to arrest me.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

Creucent
Creucent's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've played some CoD4 online

I've played some CoD4 online on PC. It was fun but I just can't leave the awesomeness of sticky bombs on Halo 3.

Xbox Live GT: Atheos666 Sticking out tongue

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote: Aww!

MattShizzle wrote:

Aww! It's a kitty!

ON TOPIC:

Is GTA4 going to be a multi-console release right away? Or will I have to wait a while for a PC version?

The online component should be off the wall (if done right), but I really want a better vehicle model than RockStar has done so far. So far, the vehicles don't feel like they have weght (especially the bigger ones), and the rediculous damage modelling needs a tune-up (my car should not suddenly go: starts fire => BOOM! after enough damage. It should just break down, like any car realistically would).

Still, it's GTA, so I'm not likely to complain too much either way. The game is just a fun factory of sorts.

The 'BIG ONE' for me is being released in September, though. Spore.

Oh, man... that game is going to rob me of all of my free time.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote:Milkshake89

Watcher wrote:

Milkshake89 wrote:

lol, noob

Wait a minute...are you guys talking about Grand Theft Auto 3?

Yes. And every GTA title since the transition of the series to 3D.

It's hilarious that anyone objects to the 'sex' as it's been implemented, however. Literally, the car just rocks inexplicably on the spot, while your character and the scantly clad female sit perfectly upright in utterly platonic positions, not moving from their respective seats, looking out the windshield of the car.

I'll also go ahead and note, for those not familiar with the GTA series, that the tone is very tongue-in-cheek, and the rediculously exaggerated violence and criminal activity presented in the game is in keeping with the context of a world that is, by and large, completely morally bankrupt.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

February 27, 1940

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
I knew it, we'er all fucking

I knew it, we'er all fucking nuts ..... 

George Carlin-some people are stupid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oboyox3L_MI

Gamers , addicted ,  all of us  , Dan Quayle was 2nd best !   

Fanas
User is offlineOffline
Milkshake89 wrote:Calling

Milkshake89 wrote:

Calling all videogame nerds.

Grand Theft Auto IV's comin' out in the end of the month. I barely play any videogames lately because I feel that they are a waste of time, but THIS... this is my religion.

Nothing beats stealing cars and running over helpless citizens. Or taking money from dead prostitutes. YES.

GTA 4 will be shitty game. Yes GTA 3 was a good game, but then they started to make games massively and now they only use a good name of GTA. I will not play this game. Actually GTA is becoming a new Sims

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Place you're bets as too how

Place you're bets as too how long before some shooting spree/kids doing drugs/decline of civilization is blamed on GTA4.

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
Loc wrote:Place you're bets

Loc wrote:

Place you're bets as too how long before some shooting spree/kids doing drugs/decline of civilization is blamed on GTA4.

About six hours after the first shooting spree after the release of GTA4.

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers

Creucent
Creucent's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jack Thompson wrote:The

Jack Thompson wrote:

The showcasing play of the game to Game Informer revealed that the first killing mission of the “hero” of the game, Niko, is to kill a certain lawyer. When Niko comes into this lawyer’s office, having used subterfuge to do so, Niko pulls a gun on the lawyer who says, “that the firm supports the second amendment and that ‘Guns don’t kill people. Video games do.’”

…The fact that the lawyer, killed on Niko’s first mission, would bring up video games, makes it clearly a reference to me…

Jack Thompson has already been filing lawsuits and getting his moral crusade against GTA4 ready. So far, he hasn't had any success stopping the release, which is probably more to his benefit. If GTA4 isn't released, what will he complain about? Sticking out tongue I think it's hilarious that Rockstar put him in the game. I wonder if you actually shoot him...

illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Milkshake89 wrote: Nothing

Milkshake89 wrote:

You can add getting drunk and climbing buildings as well.  And they totally fixed the shooting i.e. Gears of War style cover system.  Rockstar also conculted a Krav Maga (Israeli military combat system) for unarmed combat, or at least, not-armed-with-a-gun combat. 

Quote:

I am going to create the most badass chick for the online portions.

" Why does God always got such wacky shit to say? . . . When was the last time you heard somebody say 'look God told me to get a muffin and a cup tea and cool out man'?" - Dov Davidoff

illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fanas wrote: Actually GTA

Fanas wrote:

Actually GTA is becoming a new Sims

You dont have to date the "girlfriends" in the game dude.  YOu can kill them for their money as well r becuase youre bored.  Doesn;t really matter.  The point is you are wrong and GTA IV will kick ass!.

" Why does God always got such wacky shit to say? . . . When was the last time you heard somebody say 'look God told me to get a muffin and a cup tea and cool out man'?" - Dov Davidoff

illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown wrote: Is

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Is GTA4 going to be a multi-console release right away? Or will I have to wait a while for a PC version?

IOt will eb released for boht PS3 and XBox 360 on the 29th.  You will definitly have to wait awhile for the PC version.

Quote:
The online component should be off the wall (if done right),

There will be 15 online modes one of them a 4-player co-op.  The mode that has my interest is Cops 'n' Crooks.  Two teams of 8 one team are the cops the other team are the crooks.  The point of the mode is for the crooks to excort a high ranking Mobster to saftey whiule the cops try to kill you.

Quote:
but I really want a better vehicle model than RockStar has done so far. So far, the vehicles don't feel like they have weght (especially the bigger ones),

Each car will have its own unique handling characeristics.

phooney
phooney's picture
User is offlineOffline
Here's something reasonably

Here's something reasonably on topic.  Rockstar are letting people download for free GTA, Wild Metal and GTA2.

They've been available for quite a while now, but might bring back some fond memories for those who weren't aware.

http://www.rockstargames.com/classics/gta.html

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Creucent wrote:Jack Thompson

Creucent wrote:

Jack Thompson wrote:

The showcasing play of the game to Game Informer revealed that the first killing mission of the “hero” of the game, Niko, is to kill a certain lawyer. When Niko comes into this lawyer’s office, having used subterfuge to do so, Niko pulls a gun on the lawyer who says, “that the firm supports the second amendment and that ‘Guns don’t kill people. Video games do.’”

…The fact that the lawyer, killed on Niko’s first mission, would bring up video games, makes it clearly a reference to me…

Jack Thompson has already been filing lawsuits and getting his moral crusade against GTA4 ready. So far, he hasn't had any success stopping the release, which is probably more to his benefit. If GTA4 isn't released, what will he complain about? Sticking out tongue I think it's hilarious that Rockstar put him in the game. I wonder if you actually shoot him...

That's awesome.

See, Jack? Don't piss-off pulp fiction writers! Sticking out tongue

I've given-up on Thompson. He's just another modern Thomas Radecki, who very few people take seriously and is only given airtime because he acts-out so sensationally. He himself is well beyond the point of no return, so there's hardly any merit to 'arguing' with him (certainly no more than there would be merit in arguing with a flat tire).

Quote:

February 27, 1940

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
...Y'know, while we're on

...Y'know, while we're on the topic of Batman Jack, I'd like to mention that this is an arena where, at the very least, we can look at some piss-poor methods of scientific research (a.k.a. pseudoscience) and at least improve one's skeptical sniffer.

Jack's most often cited source for his argument is the work of Dr. Craig A. Anderson, of the American Psychological Association (and if that propogates notions of credibility in your mind, allow me to squash them. The APA is a disgusting breeding ground for pseudoscience, the primary vehicle through which parapsychologists have their papers gleefully published):

http://www.psychology.iastate.edu/faculty/caa/abstracts/2000-2004/00Senate.html

So, let's examine the data we're given, to see if the work has merit...

- What sample sizes are used?

Unfortunately, this key piece of information is withheld. We're given percentages, but never a single clue as to how many people comprised a test.

- How many times were the tests repeated to establish a causal relationship?

Again, we're left in the dark regarding an important piece of evidence.

- Are the tests well defined? Are their results falsifiable?

The doctor gives very little information regarding the actual procedures for the test. We're given the title of the games used by the variable groups (curiously, no control group is ever mentioned) and vague notions like 'mild provocation' and 'more aggresive retaliation'. In the few instances where details are shared, they make the testing sound rather dubious (...it's not exactly intellectually honest to claim that completing 'm _ _ er' as 'murder' when asked to fill in the blanks as quickly as possible is a sign that I'm an aggressive person, or more aggressive than I had been before I'd played the game).

Without the testing being open to srcutiny, of course, we have no way of falsifying it. Which is bad science.

- Have other researchers been able to reproduce these results, using similar methods?

Well, given what they have to work with, this would be a rather difficult task. That said, looking around in credible journals, I've seen no corroborating research. Rather damning to a claim that says violent video games have such profound detrimental effects.

Moreover, the Dr.'s arguments are just very baffling on a number of accounts. He claims, essentially, that video games are a form of 'super instruction', capable of tuning a person's personality and skills at unprecendented rates and are an exclusive avenue for changes (positive or negative) in a person's emotional state. The latter claim is dismissable as utterly rediculous, and the former calls into question the very institute of education. If video games have such awesome instructional power, why not replace university professors and training programs with do-it-at-home consoles? We coud end our doctor shortage here in Canada in under a year!

Unless, of course, they actually don't compare to firsthand experience and only serve as rudimentary modelling systems.

*Sigh*

Quote:

February 27, 1940

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
 It is ridiculous claiming

It is ridiculous claiming that video games and internet influence children. For instance, if Pac-man affected kids born in the eighties, we should by now have a bunch of teenagers who run around in darkened rooms and eat pills while listening to monotonous electronic music.
-Anonymous

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
My guess is that the people

My guess is that the people that are affected are already pre-disposed. For example the Columbine shooters were obsessed with Doom, but I doubt it's the Doom that drove them over the edge.

Let me think here, there's a certain user who uses similar arguments to the ones above to other things. hmmmmm.

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:My guess

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

My guess is that the people that are affected are already pre-disposed. For example the Columbine shooters were obsessed with Doom, but I doubt it's the Doom that drove them over the edge.

Let me think here, there's a certain user who uses similar arguments to the ones above to other things. hmmmmm.

The consensus of criminal psychologist is that nothing 'drove' Eric Harris over the edge. He was a clinical sociopath, and his actual intentions went far beyond what happened at Columbine (the venue simply masked the actual agenda). If he weren't so sloppy at his handiwork and such a terrible marksman, it'sa likely the death toll at the school would've been in the high hundreds (the bombs he placed in the cafeteria, had they successfully detonated, had sufficient yield t bring the upper floor of the school pancaking down onto the lower floor, and had at least been placed 'correctly'  - near support columns - in this regard) and Eric would've taken Dylan on a country-wide shooting spree. Eric even wrote of plans to hijack an airliner and crash it into a skyscraper (though it's highly improbable that he'd have got so far on brute force alone).

Dylan Kleebold was another matter, but it's miles more likely that he was manipulated and romanced into his role by Eric than he was driven to it by repressed anger or violent media.

Quote:

February 27, 1940

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Oh really now? What about

Oh really now?

What about those who commit suicide after playing WoW for hours even days on end?

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Examples?(...I'll also note

Examples?

(...I'll also note that playing WoW for days on end, presumably doing nothing else, is a clear sign of mental instability. Naming WoW as a causal agent is rediculous. If someone watched Days of Our Lives for a week straight, not moving from their couch, would we blame the T.V. series?)

Quote:

February 27, 1940

illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:Oh

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Oh really now?

What about those who commit suicide after playing WoW for hours even days on end?

Are you going to bring up the incident in China where a child stabbed another child for beating him in a LAN match as well?  Furthermore, if you play WoW, you deserve to die and the ones who kill themselves simply understood this fact and took matters into their own hands.

illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown

Kevin R Brown wrote:

(...I'll also note that playing WoW for days on end, presumably doing nothing else, is a clear sign of mental instability. Naming WoW as a causal agent is rediculous)

Especially when you consider the Bible has influenced more murder and massacre than all the videogames combined and people simply retort "they read it wrong" when confronted with this fact.  This is why when people blame Mortal Kombat or Grand Theft Auto I say "They clearly didn't read the instructions" or "They played it wrong".

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Examples?

(...I'll also note that playing WoW for days on end, presumably doing nothing else, is a clear sign of mental instability. Naming WoW as a causal agent is rediculous. If someone watched Days of Our Lives for a week straight, not moving from their couch, would we blame the T.V. series?)

It was Ever Quest, (They all look the same to me..)

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/10/17/48hours/main525965.shtml

EDIT:

Of yeah forgot:

Quote:

Perhaps, but it could be that the WoW leads to the mental instability.  Do chronic gamblers have a 'mental instability'?

You don't get any in series rewards for watching DoOL (except the latest gossip of how James married Rebecca's great Grandmother's cousing j/k..)

WoW  has in game rewards of.....

I have no fucking clue, but you do level up and achieve high status etc... 

/EDIT

Quote:

Are you going to bring up the incident in China where a child stabbed another child for beating him in a LAN match as well? 

Yeah, but I can't find the article.  bah!

DamnDirtyApe
Silver Member
DamnDirtyApe's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:Kevin R

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Quote:

Are you going to bring up the incident in China where a child stabbed another child for beating him in a LAN match as well? 

Yeah, but I can't find the article.  bah!

Clear case of him or me, yeronner.  I claim self defense.

"The whole conception of God is a conception derived from ancient Oriental despotisms. It is a conception quite unworthy of free men."
--Bertrand Russell

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:It was Ever Quest,

Quote:

It was Ever Quest, (They all look the same to me..)

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/10/17/48hours/main525965.shtml

Unconvincing. The article displays the reactions of emotional parents, not an investigative report of the suicide's causal agent.

Quote:
Perhaps, but it could be that the WoW leads to the mental instability.  Do chronic gamblers have a 'mental instability'?

Chronic gamblers actually do have a mental imbalance. Their brain produces excessive dopamine when they succeed at something, and they get hooked on the sensation of winning at a bet (among other things) as a result.

And yes, it could be that WoW leads to mental instability. It also could be that WoW is, in fact, a huge ploy at misdirection, and once the whole human race is busy and distracted at getting their toon to to the lvl cap and earning their mount, the robots are going to seize their opportunity and enslave us all.

What do these two possibilities have in common?

A void where the evidence should be.

Quote:

February 27, 1940

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Quote:

Chronic gamblers actually do have a mental imbalance. Their brain produces excessive dopamine when they succeed at something, and they get hooked on the sensation of winning at a bet (among other things) as a result.

I like popcorn. Do I have a 'mental imbalance' that causes me to like popcorn?

Quote:
. It also could be that WoW is, in fact, a huge ploy at misdirection, and once the whole human race is busy and distracted at getting their toon to to the lvl cap and earning their mount, the robots are going to seize their opportunity and enslave us all.

You may want to have a bunker prepared by November 16th.

What do you mean 'Why?'. Just do it.

Quote:

What do these two possibilities have in common?

A void where the evidence should be.

Okay, prove that the people had mental instabilities in the first place.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Loc wrote: It is ridiculous

Loc wrote:

It is ridiculous claiming that video games and internet influence children. For instance, if Pac-man affected kids born in the eighties, we should by now have a bunch of teenagers who run around in darkened rooms and eat pills while listening to monotonous electronic music.
-Anonymous

Actually Pac-Man came out around 1980 so  would have affected kids born in the '70s - so we'd have guys in their 30s doing that.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ladies and Gentlemen, i

Ladies and Gentlemen, i would like to add that "some" video games do cause violent psychotic episodes... for example

Just try banning GTA4 from Canada, and see how many of the involved party will be summarily executed...

i rest my case ^_^

--------------------------------

And since its the cool thing to do >.>

Xbox360 tag

Thats 0verkill with a zero

(and yes, thats richard AGAIN on my 360 gamer pic... >.> fuck im obsessive )

What Would Kharn Do?

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
SO! I went into Best Buy

SO! I went into Best Buy today and purchased GTA IV for Tracy. He begged me to get it for him, convinced it would be sold out by the time he got off at 5 pm  hahah

Anyway, so I was CARDED to buy this game! Of course I complied with much verve and delight, handing her my card with a smile...then she says this:  "You know this is a mature game, right?"  " These games keep getting worse and worse"

I couldn't resist letting her know that I believe that it isn't the game, it is the parents fault if kids can't see the difference between right and wrong AND that she should keep her trap shut with regards to her opinion on what I am buying.  Smiling

-Renee

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
to any one who thinks

to any one who thinks religion is a joke... just try following the political meanderings that follow any GTA release... >.<

What Would Kharn Do?

illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think there might be a jab

I think there might be a jab at Dawkins or at least a very vague reference.  If you listen to the radio or look up on the games interenet, there is a character called Bryce Dawkins and the article on the games interent is about him and homophobia and how hs is ttrying to cure it or argue that he he isn't when in actuality he is.  I didn't really read the article because I had to get back outside and shoot people in the foot to watch them hobble, then shoot them in the knee to make them hobble more, then soot them in the other leg to make them collaspse to the ground, shoot them in the stomach to hear them suffer, then shoot them twice ni the head and twice in the chest to make sure the  are dead.  The I got in a 15 minute police chase which ended in a shoot out where a cop snuck up behind me and shot me in the back of the head with a shot gun . . . . . I love this game.  I also have gotten laid three times already by the first girlfriend in the game where I had to drive her home drunk after taking her out to a bar.

illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Renee Obsidianwords

Renee Obsidianwords wrote:

Anyway, so I was CARDED to buy this game! Of course I complied with much verve and delight, handing her my card with a smile...then she says this:  "You know this is a mature game, right?"  " These games keep getting worse and worse"

Same thing happened to me minus having a child part.  I preordered it however so i wasnt worried about not being to get a copy of it but when the cashier asked for my I.D. I feciectiously asked 'What? Is this game rated mature or something?"  The first cashier caught on and went "Nah!" and the second cashier was like "This is the most mature game ever!".

Quote:
I couldn't resist letting her know that I believe that it isn't the game, it is the parents fault if kids can't see the difference between right and wrong AND that she should keep her trap shut with regards to her opinion on what I am buying.  Smiling

Indeed.  Of course, when i was too young to purchase M (or in that time MA-17) rated games no one really gave a shit about how old you were unless it was painfully obvious you were like 5 years old.  However, sometimes being obviously 5 years old wouldn't stop the sale.  I miss the good ol' days.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Best game... evar... better

Best game... evar... better then 1 night of sex, i swear

I mean, i watched an in-game tv (watching a tv, thru a tv... o_O ) for 2 straight hours, just surfing the channels on GTA4, Republican Space Rangers has to be my favorite, better then South Park!

What Would Kharn Do?

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Damn you assholes!I still

Damn you assholes!

I still have to wait for the PC release... Sad

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Man I'm only going to play

Man I'm only going to play this in like two years after I've emigrated and got a pc and stuff. Sucks to be me

dudeofthemoment wrote:

illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul wrote:Best

The Doomed Soul wrote:

Best game... evar... better then 1 night of sex, i swear

I mean, i watched an in-game tv (watching a tv, thru a tv... o_O ) for 2 straight hours, just surfing the channels on GTA4, Republican Space Rangers has to be my favorite, better then South Park!

Have you dated a guy yet?

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
illeatyourdog wrote:Have you

illeatyourdog wrote:

Have you dated a guy yet?

*spoiler* yes... and i got to kill them as well!... life is good

What Would Kharn Do?