Odd Gender-Related Mentality

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Odd Gender-Related Mentality

...A really strange notion struck me just now:

Fellow gentlemen, have you ever noticed that - for some fucked-up reason - your own personal 'threat warning indicator' doesn't seem to work properly around feminine females? Or is that just me?

Bigger, aggressive males can intimidate me. So can guys that are visibly armed, or guys that appear to be violently unstable.

Feminine females (within my demograph... thinking it over, a crazy old geriatric lady would also register properly as a credible threat) - regardless of how tall, physically powerful, aggressive or even fucking armed (this is what actually just triggered this realization of mine: I had a conversation with this gun-nutty girl, and I just thought it made her a bit 'quirky'. If it were a guy, it would have put him on my 'do not ever talk to again' list) they are.

That's really messed-up, isn't it? It's leaves this gaping hole in my (our?) personal security system.

So, any idea what gives?

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

QuasarX
QuasarX's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hmm, I haven't noticed any

Hmm, I haven't noticed any such problem.  It's very common for an attractive woman to catch my attention, after which I tend to look at her face right away (if possible) and draw some conclusion about her attitude from her facial expression.  I get all kinds of impressions about people this way, and I haven't noticed any reduction in the frequency of "Wow, that looks like a really horrible person who I wouldn't want to have any interaction with" among women I find physically good-looking versus men and women that I don't have that reaction to.

Then again, advertising and hypnosis don't seem to work on me, so I may just be unusual in that regard.

magilum
User is offlineOffline
 It's called thinking with

It's called thinking with your cock.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
magilum wrote: It's called

magilum wrote:

Is there a choice ? NO, we are ONE ! 

Me dad say , " my son, you are your cock ! When you are not , you are dead ! "

Louis_Cypher
BloggerSuperfan
Louis_Cypher's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yep...

magilum wrote:

Yes, this is why men give cute names to their genitalia, one SHOULD be on a first name basis with the one who makes 95% of ones decisions...

LC >;-}>

Christianity: A disgusting middle eastern blood cult, based in human sacrifice, with sacraments of cannibalism and vampirism, whose highest icon is of a near naked man hanging in torment from a device of torture.

Nordmann
atheist
Nordmann's picture
User is offlineOffline
Gun-toting females tend to

Gun-toting females tend to elicit a modicum of respect from me, at least anyway for as long as they and their firearms are in direct communication with me. After that (immediately after that, in fact) this respect tends to evaporate rather quickly, I find, to be replaced by escape- and avoidance-motivated thoughts and strategies. Something to do with survival, as Darwin might have noted.

Of course being a male my penis might try to interject with some weird suggestions regarding a possible relationship but I tend to overrule it rather curtly in those situations. Must be getting old ...

( ...though to be fair to the organ it never seems to take much offence at being shouted down and is always willing and eager to offer stupid advice again at a moment's notice)

I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Check out Israel sometime. 

Check out Israel sometime.  Beautiful women carrying around automatic rifles.  I was in heaven.  Until you've seen a beach with beautiful, bikini clad women with rifles slung over their backs you just haven't lived.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

shikko
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown wrote:...A

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Fellow gentlemen, have you ever noticed that - for some fucked-up reason - your own personal 'threat warning indicator' doesn't seem to work properly around feminine females? Or is that just me?

You know, I haven't ever noticed, but I think you may be right.  Crazy gets my back up without regard to gender, but I've never felt that I'm-keeping-my-eye-on-you prickle from Random Woman on Street.  Granted, I don't get that situational wariness often, but I always pay attention when I do.

Quote:

That's really messed-up, isn't it? It's leaves this gaping hole in my (our?) personal security system.

So, any idea what gives?

My guess is that your brain stem (the part that controls what my 7th grade science teacher referred to as the Four F's Responses: Fight, Flight, Feed and Sexual Reproduction...she was awesome) has classified these women as more likely mates than threats.  Part of your brain is too busy trying to figure out how to get her in the sack.  Well, cave or straw hut, more likely.

--
maybe if this sig is witty, someone will love me.

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote:Check out

Watcher wrote:

Check out Israel sometime.  Beautiful women carrying around automatic rifles.  I was in heaven.  Until you've seen a beach with beautiful, bikini clad women with rifles slung over their backs you just haven't lived.

Pics..you must have pics.

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Perhaps it's my historical

Perhaps it's my historical proclivity for dating women with borderline personality disorders, but I have a very sharp radar for crazy women.  Granted, that's different than being afraid of them physically.  Statistically, there's very little reason to be afraid of women.  Look it up yourself.  The only time you're likely to be assaulted by a woman in America is when you've been fucking the secretary and she finds out about it.  Other than that, men are virtually always the only physical aggressors.

That's part of our evolution.  Women can't risk themselves in fights.  If there are twenty men in the room and one woman, there's only going to be one baby in the next year.  The men can go bludgeon themselves to death with dessert forks, and as long as there's one standing at the end (both literally and metaphorically) the woman can have a baby.  The men's shenanigans have literally no effect on the population.  On the other hand, every woman you take out of the population takes away the possibility of a baby being born.  Nature selected females who don't risk themselves by doing stupid things like fighting with men.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bad men can kill you in an

Bad men can kill you in an instant.

Bad women are much slower and seem to enjoy torturing you while killing you over a long period of time.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Bad men can kill you

Quote:

Bad men can kill you in an instant.

Bad women are much slower and seem to enjoy torturing you while killing you over a long period of time.

There are times, EXC, when no matter how bitter I think you are towards women, I can't help but agree with you.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Bigger, aggressive males can intimidate me. So can guys that are visibly armed, or guys that appear to be violently unstable.

Feminine females (within my demograph... thinking it over, a crazy old geriatric lady would also register properly as a credible threat) - regardless of how tall, physically powerful, aggressive or even fucking armed (this is what actually just triggered this realization of mine: I had a conversation with this gun-nutty girl, and I just thought it made her a bit 'quirky'. If it were a guy, it would have put him on my 'do not ever talk to again' list) they are.

So, any idea what gives?

Kevin are you straight,   Gay   or  Bi-sexual,  because your perception of any woman is dependent on your  orientation?

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Loc wrote:Pics..you must

Loc wrote:

Pics..you must have pics.

I think taking pictures of women you don't know is generally considered rude.  I try not to be rude to people with rifles in their hands.

Here are a few pictures of some.  There are a few pretty girls in them.  However, there are a lot hotter ones than these... http://ummyeah.com/page/Girls_of_the_Israeli_Army]

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brb,moving to Israel. Is it

Brb,moving to Israel. Is it a worthy trade off? Risking crazy muslim terrorists for that?

Sadzaeater
Sadzaeater's picture
User is offlineOffline
I very nearly signed up to a

I very nearly signed up to a kibbutz a few years back. For the women. Big brain overruled little brain while I was standing outside the relevant agency's pokey looking office in Golders Green, wondering if an atheist who sympathises with the view that the Balfour Declaration was a betrayal of the highest magnitude would be welcome...

Stop that... It's silly.

Strafio
Strafio's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown wrote:...A

Kevin R Brown wrote:

So, any idea what gives?

I think that the key word was 'feminine'.
Feminine is what we call many of the characteristics that you can feel safe around.
A nice guy might be considered to be more in touch with their 'feminine' side rather than being 'macho'.

magilum
User is offlineOffline
Strafio wrote:Kevin R Brown

Strafio wrote:

Kevin R Brown wrote:

So, any idea what gives?

I think that the key word was 'feminine'.
Feminine is what we call many of the characteristics that you can feel safe around.
A nice guy might be considered to be more in touch with their 'feminine' side rather than being 'macho'.

I think there's an unspoken element of condescension in interpreting what would otherwise be troubling remarks by these women. In a similar sense that a woman might put up with a bad boy's selfishness under the assumption that it can be changed, a crazy girl's rambling could be interpreted by a guy as potentially exciting (i.e. a sign they're not prudish, or something), rather than disturbing in earnest. If the remarks were more pointed ("I've thought about whether it would be hard to put my future kids in a locked car, and push it toward the river." ) or actually manifest (the sight of her screaming at a sales clerk for half an hour because she didn't say 'hello' right), I doubt you'd be so intrigued by the whole package (not a safe assumption, really, but I'll go with it).

Implicitly, you're probably thinking, "That's cute."