Religious Analogy

Renshia
Renshia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Religious Analogy

Well I was trying to figure out a great analogy of religion. Then I thought gees I wonder what other analogies people would come up with, So i was hoping you would help me build a list.

Religion is like living in a fish bowl..

okay so it is a little lame, that why I want your input.

you get fed crumbs and think it is a feast

You think you can see the whole world, but it is just one small room

Renshia
-------------------------------------------------------------
I just can’t believe that people waste all this time being one thing for something else, they waste all this time and energy on developing some mythological construct as an excuse to live as a person should. What a pathetic waste of energy.

jread
SuperfanTheist
jread's picture
User is offlineOffline
Not bad in my opinion. I

Not bad in my opinion. I like the imagery.

Renshia
Renshia's picture
User is offlineOffline
the religious have minds

the religious have minds like a steel trap,

only one that had been left out so long it had rusted shut.

Renshia
-------------------------------------------------------------
I just can’t believe that people waste all this time being one thing for something else, they waste all this time and energy on developing some mythological construct as an excuse to live as a person should. What a pathetic waste of energy.

daedalus
daedalus's picture
User is offlineOffline
Religion is like someone

Religion is like someone shitting on your brain and telling you it smells good.

Religion is stupidity for stupid people.

Ok, not an analogy, but true.... Smiling

Religion is like an analogy that you think is true.

Religion is like a needle of morphine in your eyeball. It feels like the greatest thing in the world once its in you, but if someone tried to convince you to take it, you'd smack the hell out of them.

Imagine the people who believe such things and who are not ashamed to ignore, totally, all the patient findings of thinking minds through all the centuries since the Bible was written. And it is these ignorant people, the most uneducated, the most unimaginative, the most unthinking among us, who would make themselves the guides and leaders of us all; who would force their feeble and childish beliefs on us; who would invade our schools and libraries and homes. I personally resent it bitterly.
Isaac Asimov

jmm
Theist
jmm's picture
User is offlineOffline
Religion is like being a

Religion is like being a child your entire life:

You're discouraged from asking honest questions, made to fear a boogie man you can't see, made to behave well for a large bearded man that conveniently only comes around when you're sleeping (and only rewards you if you're good), and you're never allowed to sit at the big table. 

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
It is people saving god, not

It is people saving god, not god saving people ....