Yet another noob saying hellos!

Kuraishel
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Yet another noob saying hellos!

Well, hi!

I have been looking for a site that enables atheists and theists to debate for some time, but the few I found simply had a few threads that collapsed into pointless trolling. This was not one sided, theists did as much trolling as atheists. That is my experience of trolling, and as I will show you I have no interest in trolling because I know how annoying it is.

Yes, I am a theist. However, I hope to make a positive contribution to this already excellent site. Obviously there are many atheists on here, but life would be SO boring if everyone agreed with you! I hope that you will listen to what I say, without prejudice, just as I will attempt to do when addressing you.

I am genuinely interested in your opinions. Where I live, in New Zealand, the majority of people around me are atheists. More personally, a close friend of mine recently converted from Christianity to atheism. I want to listen to your arguments, understand your way of thinking and of course, present you my replies.

- Kuraishel

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome!You'll find as long

Welcome!

You'll find as long as you act in a reasonable and civilized manner,people will listen and answer respectfully,or at least intelligently.I'm sure you'll find lots of good debates here.

That's quite funny,the friend converting.That happened to me recently,though I was the one de-converting to atheism

Would you care to elaborate a bit more on your theism. Are you christian?Any particular kind?

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

Kuraishel
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Yes, I am a Christian.

Yes, I am a Christian. However, I do not like to describe myself as a "Catholic" or "Anglican" or "Baptist" because there are many traditions in various denominations that I think are frankly non-Christian. But generally denominations aren't that different.

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forums! 

Welcome to the forums!

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
We usually don't attack

We usually don't attack people (there are rules against it) unless they attack us first. However, we do relentlessly attack ideas. As long as you don't take such scrutiny personally, you'll be fine here. You seem quite open-minded. Just don't start saying we're all going to hell.

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forums,

Welcome to the forums, Kuraishel!

No, no, no.  By all means tell us we are going to hell.  It gets the ball rolling quite nicely. Eye-wink

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

Kuraishel
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Lol don't worry. I was once

Lol don't worry. I was once told by a fundamentalist fanatic that I was going to hell for being part Jewish. Anyway, how do you expect people to listen to your views and take you seriously if you are ranting about fire and damnation? Lol. Thanks for the welcomes by the way.

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

kellym78
atheistRational VIP!
kellym78's picture
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote:No, no, no. 

Watcher wrote:

No, no, no.  By all means tell us we are going to hell.  It gets the ball rolling quite nicely. Eye-wink

It gets the ball rolling fast at least.  I prefer the approach of Kuraishel.