Quotes from both sides, you decide

NWO Repent
Posts: 1
Joined: 2008-03-19
User is offlineOffline
Quotes from both sides, you decide

Set A

Crowley wrote:
the Word that is God is none other than He.

Jesus wrote:
Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

 

Set B

Lavey wrote:
Since all man's natural instincts lead him to sin, all men are sinners; and all sinners go to hell.

Jesus wrote:
For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

 

Set C

Lavey wrote:
Blessed are the strong, for they shall possess the earth--

Jesus wrote:
Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

 

Set D

Bush 41 wrote:
we have before us the opportunity to forge for ourselves and for future generations, a new world order

Bible wrote:
for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

 

Set E

Bush 43 wrote:
when our founders declared a new order of the ages they were acting on a ancient hope that is meant to be fufilled

Bible wrote:
And he did evil in the sight of the LORD, and walked in the way of his father

 

Set F

Crowley wrote:
Thou art standing as it were upon a pinnacle at the edge of some fortified city. I am a white bird, a perch upon Thee. Thou art My Lover

Bible wrote:
Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple

 

Set G

Blavatsky wrote:
what does one do when in order to rule men it's necessary to decieve them

Bible wrote:
For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

 

Set G

Pike wrote:
When the Mason learns that the key to the warrior on the block is the proper application of the dynamo of living power, he has learned the mystery of his Craft. The seething energies of Lucifer are in his hands, and before he may step onward and upward, he must prove his ability to properly apply energy.

Bible wrote:
And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth: they shall be amazed one at another; their faces shall be as flames.


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5492
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
What? Who? 

What? Who?

 


Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
Posts: 1130
Joined: 2007-11-06
User is offlineOffline
I decide what? Yes, it

I decide what? Yes, it appears to be a collection of quotes.


Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
Posts: 8657
Joined: 2006-10-22
User is offlineOffline
<blink>

<blink>

...

<blink>

 

...

 

That's a very nice set of quotes you have there.

 

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism


ronin-dog
Scientist
ronin-dog's picture
Posts: 419
Joined: 2007-10-18
User is offlineOffline
???

What is your point?

Also quoting the bible at atheists is pointless, we regard it as a work of fiction. I would get more meaning from you quoting the Lord of the Rings or the Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy.

"Your God puts an apple tree in the middle of a garden and says, do what you like, guys, oh, but don't eat the apple. Surprise surprise, they eat it and he leaps out from behind a bush shouting "Gotcha". It wouldn't have mad any difference if they hadn't eaten it."

"Why not?"

Because if you're dealing with somebody who has the sort of mentality which likes leaving hats on the pavement with bricks under them you know perfectly well they won't give up. They'll get you in the end."

 

Zen-atheist wielding Occam's katana.

Jesus said, "Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division." - Luke 12:51


darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
Posts: 2650
Joined: 2006-02-27
User is offlineOffline
Derr! You have two set

Derr! You have two set 'G's'. Learn the alphabet or use numbers.

Both sides of what??? Aren't there more sides to each of those implicit issues?

Are you trying to compare Crowley, the jesus myth, and the Bushes?

 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.


magilum
Posts: 2410
Joined: 2007-03-07
User is offlineOffline
Winston Churchill wrote:It

Winston Churchill wrote:
It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations.

 


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
Why quote nutcases and bullshit?

Corporate Avenger wrote:

 

The Bible is Bullshit


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15894
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
May I add a quote to these

May I add a quote to these sets?

How about, "WHAT THE FUCK?"

This reminds me of the time when my friend answered my question, "Why is there a rash on your leg?

"I got poison ivy because there was no soap"

It took him 15 minutes to finally explain that he had walked through some poison ivy and didn't wash it off immediately".

 

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


jcgadfly
Superfan
Posts: 6791
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
How nice.Another theist who

How nice.

Another theist who thinks that atheists are Satanists.

Newsflash: Satan is a deity also. Atheists have no use for deities, be they benevolent or malevolent (in the case of Yahweh and Satan, both are malevolent).

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
Posts: 4793
Joined: 2007-09-29
User is offlineOffline
  You poor confused soul.

  You poor confused soul. Yahweh, god of abe, is the devil of wrong thinking. Jesus philosophy was an atheistic one. The bibull is a book of battle and deception. "Jesus" for the most part lost, and is still losing due to Christian type thinking.  REPENT ! Get free.

I suggest you re-read that book and especially the gnostic ones. Me Jesus/Buddha is rooting for ya ..... save the Xains .....


HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
Posts: 4100
Joined: 2008-02-21
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:Newsflash:

jcgadfly wrote:

Newsflash: Satan is a deity also.

Yeah! He was Yaweh's lawyer. A supernatural lawyer! Are you afraid yet?

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence


Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
Posts: 8657
Joined: 2006-10-22
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, but... you know...

Yeah, but... you know... it's like... you don't have to believe in Satan because... like... you know... the... um.... greatest trick he ever done did... was... um...

how's that go again...

um...

 

Oh... yeah... um... you think he doesn't exist, so that's why um... you're going to hell.

 

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism


Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
Posts: 1130
Joined: 2007-11-06
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:Oh...

Hambydammit wrote:

Oh... yeah... um... you think he doesn't exist, so that's why um... you're going to hell.

 

Isn't that god? There should be a prize for whoever figures the point of this thread.

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.


Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
Posts: 8657
Joined: 2006-10-22
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Isn't that god? There

Quote:
Isn't that god? There should be a prize for whoever figures the point of this thread.

Right now, the person who wrote the OP is sitting comfortably in his computer chair, with his lube and tissues and a bong, thinking to himself..."Yeah... these guys are so stupid... Dude... it's like... they may be... you know... older... but like... you know... I'm almost sixteen.   God, please help me find a good Christian girl to marry so I don't have to keep sinning into my tissues...."

 

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism


jcgadfly
Superfan
Posts: 6791
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:
Isn't that god? There should be a prize for whoever figures the point of this thread.

Right now, the person who wrote the OP is sitting comfortably in his computer chair, with his lube and tissues and a bong, thinking to himself..."Yeah... these guys are so stupid... Dude... it's like... they may be... you know... older... but like... you know... I'm almost sixteen.   God, please help me find a good Christian girl to marry so I don't have to keep sinning into my tissues...."

 

Hamby, I SO didn't need that particular image.

<reaches for icepick to gouge out my one good eye>

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
Posts: 8657
Joined: 2006-10-22
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Hamby, I SO didn't

Quote:
Hamby, I SO didn't need that particular image.

What, in particular, gave you the idea that your well being was my primary concern?

I pride myself in my ability to force my own suffering upon others.  If I had to see the image, you had to.

 

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism


jcgadfly
Superfan
Posts: 6791
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:
Hamby, I SO didn't need that particular image.

What, in particular, gave you the idea that your well being was my primary concern?

I pride myself in my ability to force my own suffering upon others.  If I had to see the image, you had to.

 

As it should be. Thanks for sharing.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
Posts: 4100
Joined: 2008-02-21
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:Oh...

Hambydammit wrote:

Oh... yeah... um... you think he doesn't exist, so that's why um... you're going to hell. 

Oh dude. I'm, like, so totally going to hell. 

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence


Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
Posts: 1130
Joined: 2007-11-06
User is offlineOffline
You know,since we're all

You know,since we're all going to hell, it's time we asked some important qusetions. Like is there a cash bar, or are the first 5000 years worth of drinks on the host?


 

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.


HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
Posts: 4100
Joined: 2008-02-21
User is offlineOffline
Loc wrote:You know,since

Loc wrote:
You know,since we're all going to hell, it's time we asked some important qusetions. Like is there a cash bar, or are the first 5000 years worth of drinks on the host?

No way! It's eternity. I'm not going anywhere near the lake of fire without a $15 martini first. How could Satan, patron saint of lawyers, not be good for that? There should be a contract somewhere involved, so just take your time checking it out, and make sure to keep a clause about a decent beer or some scotch in there. Should be fine.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence


Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
Posts: 8657
Joined: 2006-10-22
User is offlineOffline
Grr... now I'm gonna have to

Grr... now I'm gonna have to look this shit up... there's some bar in Manhattan that sells a $1500 martini.  When I heard about it the first time, I thought sure it had a diamond in it or something, but no.  It has $3500/bottle champagne in it.

Dammit.  This is going to bug me until I remember which bar it is.

 

Not that this thread needs help derailing, but I'm of the considered (and experienced) opinion that there's a level of absurdity somewhere between $200 and $500 a bottle.  I've had very expensive wine and champagne.  Some of it was extraordinary, and some, to be honest, I'd have sent back at $10.  However, there are some rare vintages that are worth spending extra money on if you happen to have it.  I think, though, that there's a point where your return on investment gets so small that it's absurd.  How much better could a $1500 martini be than a $15 martini?

There's a place in Philadelphia called El Vez.  Damn good brunch, and the best Guacamole I've ever had.  They do tequila flights with $30/shot tequila.  I've had just about all of them, and I'll agree that the $30 tequila is good enough that I'll splurge from time to time.  I've had $100/shot tequila, and I would probably pay $35 and feel like I'd gotten my money's worth.  I just don't see how the palette can recognize any substantial difference that could justify a thousand damn dollars for any drink.

 

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism


HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
Posts: 4100
Joined: 2008-02-21
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:I just

Hambydammit wrote:
I just don't see how the palette can recognize any substantial difference that could justify a thousand damn dollars for any drink.

While we're derailing, it's not about palette (as I'm sure you know). My hypothesis is that it's the "missing penis phenomenon". I've seen guys order things like that, just to be dicks, or because they just made a huge trade and they think they're king shit. Women just flock. The phenomenon must be seen to be believed. Women from other tables, who were just out partying, came over for "bottle service", which means paying stupid amounts of money for a plain bottle of booze. The guys get surrounded by women.

Here's my theory: the man spends this kind of money so that later, when the woman discovers he has no penis, she won't be too upset. At least she got a good story out of it.

But back to hell: Satan is probably awash in that $3500 champagne. Honestly, if you had to take care of stupid hell, you'd probably have some good booze.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
Looks like the OP was

Looks like the OP was another drive-by poster.


jread
SuperfanTheist
jread's picture
Posts: 353
Joined: 2007-05-17
User is offlineOffline
magilum wrote:Winston

magilum wrote:

Winston Churchill wrote:
It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations.

 

simply amazing reply to this post.

The implication that we should put Darwinism on trial overlooks the fact that Darwinism has always been on trial within the scientific community. -- From Finding Darwin's God by Kenneth R. Miller

Chaos and chance don't mean the absence of law and order, but rather the presence of order so complex that it lies beyond our abilities to grasp and describe it. -- From From Certainty to Uncertainty by F. David Peat


thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
Posts: 1022
Joined: 2007-02-07
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:Looks like

MattShizzle wrote:

Looks like the OP was another drive-by poster.

Which is a shame really because nobody seems to be able to make sense of his post or figure out his point.

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/


albedo_00
albedo_00's picture
Posts: 153
Joined: 2008-01-19
User is offlineOffline
Forget his purpose, I'm

Forget his purpose, I'm still amased this guy (I guess) things the bible wrote itself, let alone anything!!!

NWO Repent wrote:

Bible wrote:
for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

Bible wrote:
And he did evil in the sight of the LORD, and walked in the way of his father

Bible wrote:
Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple

I guess he's just a few braincells short of being able to make a point

 

Lenore, The Cute Little Dead Girl. Twice as good as Jesus.


Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
Posts: 1130
Joined: 2007-11-06
User is offlineOffline
The only thing left for this

The only thing left for this thread is for someone to post a cat macro, and then it will be truely past redemption.

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.


HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
Posts: 4100
Joined: 2008-02-21
User is offlineOffline
You can't argue with science

God wrote:

Will is supremely awesome ... in bed.

ScarlettJohansson wrote:

Oh yeah. So true.

KatieHolmes wrote:

Tom totally wants to do him.

This quote game is fun. Try it!

(Is anyone even pretending this thread threatened having any value whatsoever?)

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence