I didn’t think it could be any worse than a “Chic Tract”, but obviously I was wrong.

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
I didn’t think it could be any worse than a “Chic Tract”, but obviously I was wrong.

DISCLAIMER: Those with weak hearts and/or constitution best stay away. I’m not responsible for any heart attack, strokes, nausea, high blood pressure, or loss of faith in humanity. Just in case you haven’t lately come across any crazy, fucked up, fundie Christians displaying their ignorance and bigotry on the internet for all the Earth to see, check out these “Hal Lindsey Cartoons”. I didn’t think you could worse that a “Chic Tract”, but obviously I was wrong.

1. “Guns and Swords”
  2. “Coming to America”
  3. “Spiritual Logic”
  4. “Shortsighted Dems-Stuck On Iraq”
  5. “Any Day Now”
  6. “Know Jesus”
  7. “Pray For GW”
But wait! There’s more! Check them all out.

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
That's so disturbing. I

That's so disturbing. I think the worst is the one basically advocating nuclear war in the Middle East so jesus can return. What was that about love and peace again?

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

Eloise
TheistBronze Member
Eloise's picture
User is offlineOffline
I didn't get any of those at

I didn't get any of those at all. They all looked pointless, imbecilic and crude. Was it supposed to be amusing? Funny? Really? I thought sardonic at best, by a supercilious hack.

Theist badge qualifier : Gnostic/Philosophical Panentheist

www.mathematicianspictures.com

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Eloise wrote:I didn't get

Eloise wrote:

I didn't get any of those at all. They all looked pointless, imbecilic and crude. Was it supposed to be amusing? Funny? Really? I thought sardonic at best, by a supercilious hack.

I think you have to be a fundy(or ex-fundy) to get them. I can actually imagine people I know reading them and laughing,while saying'yip that's completly right.So true."

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
It probably helps to be

It probably helps to be mentally deficient or a "moral minority" fanatic to think these are anything other than disgusting, crass and tasteless.

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Loc wrote:That's so

Loc wrote:

That's so disturbing. I think the worst is the one basically advocating nuclear war in the Middle East so jesus can return. What was that about love and peace again?

The fundies have to get that pile of bodies high enough so Jesus doesn't have so far to step down.

They say they're doing in to save Israel. What they don't say is they want the Jews just as dead to make Jesus happy.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Eight Foot Manchild
Eight Foot Manchild's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks. I ran into that

Thanks. I ran into that sight a few years ago (around election time 2004), and then completely forgot about it.

If you can find it, look up the one he did right after Reagan died. I was laughing for days.

Religious_Rebel
Religious_Rebel's picture
User is offlineOffline
Greetings

Holy WTF is all I have to say. 

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
What an asshat.

What an asshat.

Conor Wilson
User is offlineOffline
Remember the RRS vs. WoTM debate?

Remember Kirk Cameron presenting the world with his "crocoduck" argument as if it were endlessly hilarious?  The kind of people who think of things like that, and find them funny/entertaining/"true" are the same kind of people who like these sorts of comics.  I don't know if they are "worse" than Chick Publications (...after all, Chick comics are pretty bad...) but these comics are awful, indeed.

I'd pretty much bet that the intended audience for these comics is laughing at them with one breath, and using the next breath to wonder aloud why anyone would choose to be an atheist.

Conor

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Faith does not fear reason."--Pope Pius XII

"But it should!"--Me

FulltimeDefendent
Scientist
FulltimeDefendent's picture
User is offlineOffline
Orwell was right.

In reference to No Jesus/No Peace, Know Jesus/Know Peace...

If you haven't been practicing your Newspeak, now is the time to start.

“It is true that in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. It is equally true that in the land of the blind, the two-eyed man is an enemy of the state, the people, and domestic tranquility… and necessarily so. Someone has to rearrange the furniture.”

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Curtain time

The scariest one on there is "Curtain time", where the "band of angels" is getting ready while a nuke flies over the earth. That's one way to look on the bright side. Yikes.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence