Richard Dawkins comes to Inverness

kryters
kryters's picture
User is offlineOffline
Richard Dawkins comes to Inverness

Hello there,

I've just got some very exciting news: Richard Dawkins will be visiting my home town of Inverness in April. He'll be having on on-stage conversation with Paula Kirby for one hour followed by a questions and answers section also lasting an hour - the usual fayre.

http://richarddawkins.net/event,216,Eden-Court-Theatre-Inverness

I'd say we have a high number of churches for our relatively low population, but I really don't see any cause for concern.

I just have a few questions for those of you fortunate enough to have attended one of his lectures in the past:

• Are there usually many Christian leaflet distributors outside the venue? I have a Christian friend who will be among the ranks. I assume most of the people going will be strong in their opinions of religion already - I don't see a few leaflets converting anybody.
  • Does he tend to stick around at the end and speak to individuals? It's unlikely that I'd have the courage to talk to him though - after all, he is my god! =P =D
  • When asking a question, is it advisable to mention how enlightened you feel as a Christian turned atheist? I certainly wouldn't pass up the opportunity - it might surprise the cross-clutchers who believe atheists are satan-spawn.

I look forward to the event and I do hope I get tickets. Apparently they're going fast.

Mazid the Raider
Rational VIP!Science Freak
Mazid the Raider's picture
User is offlineOffline
Congrats, Kryters! That

Congrats, Kryters! That should be fun, I hope you manage to get tickets!

hehe, and I like your user name. Can we expect Krytie TV any time soon?

"But still I am the Cat who walks by himself, and all places are alike to me!" ~Rudyard Kipling

Mazid the Raider says: I'd rather face the naked truth than to go "augh, dude, put some clothes on or something" and hand him some God robes, cause you and I know that the naked truth is pale, hairy, and has an outie
Entomophila says: Ew. AN outie

mr804
Special AgentSuperfan
mr804's picture
User is offlineOffline
scan and post the leaflet.

scan and post the leaflet. I'd love to see what it says.

kryters
kryters's picture
User is offlineOffline
Update: I got tickets.

Update: I got tickets. Second circle, but I'm not complaining.

Mazid the Raider wrote:

hehe, and I like your user name. Can we expect Krytie TV any time soon?

I loved that episode. Definitely the high point of series 8. Red Dwarf will remain a favourite of mine.

Hey, you might see some video postings from me, though I'll be a while. I certainly don't consider myself a confident speaker. I'm pretty good at speaking (and perhaps debating) on an informal basis, but as soon as any pressure is applied I go into exam mode and shatter. Even speaking into a webcam... That is, if that's what you were getting at. =D

mr804 wrote:

scan and post the leaflet. I'd love to see what it says.

I think I shall. Judging by the way my friend debates, it'll be an appeal to Pascal's Wager and much scaremongering about meeting God and going directly to Hell (don't pass go don't collect £200)... I can see that converting in droves.

Mazid the Raider
Rational VIP!Science Freak
Mazid the Raider's picture
User is offlineOffline
I was technically asking if

I was technically asking if you were going to do some you-tubing, but the actual intention of the question was to quiz you on the name. Sticking out tongue On the other hand, if you were to do a video review of some particularly buffoonish xian and end it with "Whoops, you've been Krytered!" that would be hilarious... until Rob Grant found out and sent you a cease and desist Laughing out loud

EDIT: whoops, and congrats on the tickets!

"But still I am the Cat who walks by himself, and all places are alike to me!" ~Rudyard Kipling

Mazid the Raider says: I'd rather face the naked truth than to go "augh, dude, put some clothes on or something" and hand him some God robes, cause you and I know that the naked truth is pale, hairy, and has an outie
Entomophila says: Ew. AN outie