FTD's Fulltime Prosecution of Biblical Truth

FulltimeDefendent
Scientist
FulltimeDefendent's picture
User is offlineOffline
FTD's Fulltime Prosecution of Biblical Truth

ONE MAN ONE BIBLE: JUDGE FOR YOUSELF

FTD's Full Time Prosecution of Biblical "Truth"

I challenge any theist, particularly Christians, to refute the following statement without an appeal to faith: "If the Holy Bible is indeed God's literal truth, continuous reading of the Holy Bible should eventually result in the acceptance of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior."

As long as this site remains open, I shall continuously read the Holy Bible. I will continue to post on this thread, nd in the interests of objectivity, in doing so I shall open a random page in my New Revised Standard Version (NSRV) and quote a random passage. I shall not comment on said passage during said post (though I reserve the right to comment after other RRS folks or their detractors have done so), and will leave you to judge, lest ye be judged, if you what I mean about the goloss of bog or god or like whatever, sayeth your humble poster.

Be warned, lest ye appeal to reason, I shall not respond.

Passage the First:

Deuteronomy 12.29-32:

When the LORD your God has cut off before you the nations whom you are about to enter to dispossess them, when you have dispossessed them, take care that you are not snared into imitating them, after they have been destroyed before you: do not inquire concerning their gods, saying, "How did these nations worship their gods? I also want to do the same. You must not do the same for the LORD your God, because every abhorrent thing the LORD hates they have done for their gods. They would even burn their sons and their daughters in the fire to their gods. You must diligently observe everything that I command you; do not add to it or take anything from it.

Judge for yourself. Reason's not on trial here.

“It is true that in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. It is equally true that in the land of the blind, the two-eyed man is an enemy of the state, the people, and domestic tranquility… and necessarily so. Someone has to rearrange the furniture.”

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
So atheists are allowed to

So atheists are allowed to comment right?I just want to say one thing..

FulltimeDefendent wrote:

Deuteronomy 12.29-32:

They would even burn their sons and their daughters in the fire to their gods.

Judges 11:29-40 wrote:

Then the Spirit of the LORD came upon Jephthah. He crossed Gilead and Manasseh, passed through Mizpah of Gilead, and from there he advanced against the Ammonites. And Jephthah made a vow to the LORD: "If you give the Ammonites into my hands, whatever comes out of the door of my house to meet me when I return in triumph from the Ammonites will be the Lord's, and I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering." Then Jephthah went over to fight the Ammonites, and the LORD gave them into his hands. He devastated twenty towns from Aroer to the vicinity of Minnith, as far as Abel Keramim. Thus Israel subdued Ammon. When Jephthah returned to his home in Mizpah, who should come out to meet him but his daughter, dancing to the sound of tambourines! She was an only child. Except for her he had neither son nor daughter. When he saw her, he tore his clothes and cried, "Oh! My daughter! You have made me miserable and wretched, because I have made a vow to the LORD that I cannot break." "My father," she replied, "you have given your word to the LORD. Do to me just as you promised, now that the LORD has avenged you of your enemies, the Ammonites. But grant me this one request," she said. "Give me two months to roam the hills and weep with my friends, because I will never marry." "You may go," he said. And he let her go for two months. She and the girls went into the hills and wept because she would never marry. After the two months, she returned to her father and he did to her as he had vowed.

Oh irony..and hypocrisy

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

FulltimeDefendent
Scientist
User is offlineOffline
Comments

The no commenting rule only applies to your humble poster. I reserve the right to comment after others (atheists or theists) have already done so.

Prepare for another random passage:

Nehemiah 13.23-27:

In those days also I saw Jews who had married women of Ashdod, Ammon, and Moab; and half their children spoke the language of Ashdod, and the could not speak the language of Judah, but spoke the language of various peoples. And I contended with them and cursed them and beat some of them and pulled out their hair; and I made them take an oath in the name of God, saying, "You shall not give your daughters for your sons or for yourselves. Did not King Solomon of Israel sin on account of such women? Among the many nations there was no king like him, and he was beloved by his God, and God made him king over all Israel; neverless, foreign women made even him to sin. Shall we then listen to you and do all this great evil and act treacherously against our God by marring foreign women?"

“It is true that in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. It is equally true that in the land of the blind, the two-eyed man is an enemy of the state, the people, and domestic tranquility… and necessarily so. Someone has to rearrange the furniture.”

FulltimeDefendent
Scientist
User is offlineOffline
Romans 6.15-19

What then? Should we sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means! Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness. But thanks be to God that you, having become obedient from the heart to the form of teaching to which you were entrusted, and that you, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness. I am speaking in human terms because of your natural limitations.

What do my freethinking droogies think of this one?

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
I think it was rendered moot

I think it was rendered moot by Romans 4:13-15:

"It was not through law that Abraham and his offspring received the promise that he would be heir of the world, but through the righteousness that comes by faith. For if those who live by law are heirs, faith has no value and the promise is worthless, because law brings wrath. And where there is no law there is no transgression."

And Romans 5:12b:

"But sin is not taken into account when there is no law."

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

FulltimeDefendent
Scientist
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:I think it

jcgadfly wrote:

I think it was rendered moot by Romans 4:13-15:

"It was not through law that Abraham and his offspring received the promise that he would be heir of the world, but through the righteousness that comes by faith. For if those who live by law are heirs, faith has no value and the promise is worthless, because law brings wrath. And where there is no law there is no transgression."

And Romans 5:12b:

"But sin is not taken into account when there is no law."

Regardless, no law=no transgression? More like no law means no way to lawfully punish a transgressor. I wish John Locke had been around in Jesus's time.

It's funny, a theist told me the other day that I had to submit to Jesus. I told her that I didn't believe in being submissive, period, and neither should she.