evolution and consciousness

IknowTruth
Theist
User is offlineOffline
evolution and consciousness

we all know that humans including animals have a conscousness. when someone is feeling down we feel sorry for them,even with dogs when their owner is hurt they would cry. if these emotions wasnt put in by god,then what put them there? it sure wasnt evolution because that means evolution would literally have a mind of its own. evolution is mostly known as "surival of the fittest" it would not add the ability where animals feel sorrow because as i know evolution makes species able to surive in any habitat. so that means they must be agressive and have no emotions. why would evolution put the ability where animals feel sad for their owner or even cry period? why do we cry when we see people are hurt or loose a loved one? simple answer god. god put emotions in everyone,if you can explain other wise share you thoughts thanks Smiling

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
IknowTruth

IknowTruth wrote:

IknowTruth wrote:

"They devoted the city to the Lord and destroyed with the sword every living thing in it, men and women, young and old, cattle, sheep and donkeys."  Joshua 6:21"

seriously why do atheist take out one part of the whole chapter of the bible, and say god killed people for no reason.  there is always a reason for god destroying cities and people. for example sodom and gomoroah was a place of sin. it was so sinful only two people were found righteous(i am sure if this was to happen to the today so many will be destroyed while very few live, there is still sinners and blasphemers of god a very lot) if you not going to explain the reason for why god killed them then dont post the verse.

Does it matter why God killender the section of Joshua he tells us that at excavations at Gezer, contain the stratum that was of Cannanite culture prior to the arrival of the Israelites. The sacrifices found there contained a great number of jars that held the remains of children. It was an entire cemetery for newborn babies that had been sacrificed." it doesnt mention this in the bible but god doesnt have to explain everything to us to the pin-point. as you can see people used children as sacrafices to an imaginary god, and this is not the ony reason for their punishment god mentions it in the bible.

Holy Christ !!! ( pun intended ) your fucked up god destroyed the Cannanites because they killed infants.

So God punishes the baby killing Cannanites by sending in Joshua and his fellow culprits to kill Cannanite babies !!

Let's recap the situation shall we ?

God is offended when Cannanites kill their babies.

God punishes Cannanites by killing even more Cannanite babies.

Again:

Cannanites kill Cannanite babies....that's bad !!!

Joshua kills Cannanite babies.....that's good !!!

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
PS, don't lecture me about

PS, don't lecture me about quoting verses out of context you filthy god-whore.

How many evangelists when speaking of God's "love" quote only the sixteenth verse of John chapter three ?  Here's a hint you moron, they're quoting that verse out of context by not reading the surrounding text.

Do you get pissed off when you're driving around and you spot a church sign that quotes only a single verse ? You should because they're taking that verse out of context. 

I guess it doesn't really matter because I have never seen any of the blood and guts verses spread out across a church's marquee.  Gore doesn't attract people to religion and you fucking god-whores know it !

Can't let those prospective Christian converts see all that blood on God's hands can you ?

ps, how much you want to bet that the verse I have in my signature below has never seen the light of day on a church marquee and never will ?

IknowTruth
Theist
User is offlineOffline
  ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

ok we got big grown ups who know better killing little kids sacraficing them to some unkown god god other than than worshipping the true one.god destroyed all the adults including the children, who says there is a problem with death? i am sure the children werent sent to hell and punished god doesnt eternally punish the innocent.now the adults have something to worry about they were doing things of sin and god had to stop it, most likely they were sent to a second death. people never learn just like when god took the people out of egypt they again started worshipping idols, he said no more so he wiped them out he see they will never listen...ok and by the way im really still learning how to quote Smiling

Holy Christ !!! ( pun intended ) your fucked up god destroyed the Cannanites because they killed infants.

So God punishes the baby killing Cannanites by sending in Joshua and his fellow culprits to kill Cannanite babies !!

Let's recap the situation shall we ?

God is offended when Cannanites kill their babies.

God punishes Cannanites by killing even more Cannanite babies.

Again:

Cannanites kill Cannanite babies....that's bad !!!

Joshua kills Cannanite babies.....that's good !!!

IknowTruth
Theist
User is offlineOffline
nigelTheBold

nigelTheBold wrote:

IknowTruth wrote:

ok i know many humans who dont work as  team and still pass on their genes many. there can be some one so kind who has an child so mean at an young age. behavior genes isnt passed down, any one can decide for themselves to be mean or nice, sometimes people cant help it because there are spirits we cant see that change people. sadly no one believe that is the reason they instead fill them up with medicines that never work for the rest of their days.there are people who can hide their evil traits when there are really so evil. even satan can hide his true identity he's tempted so many people as if he was good...so no one is born good or bad because of traits its how they live their lives that determine their true traits. 

That's true. There's a great variety of genes that are passed on, including genes that help define behavior.

As far as the "mean" and "nice" genes, there's no indication there is any such thing. There are combinations of genes that help determine your spectrum of possible behavior. But, if you think all people are either "mean" or "nice," then you've got another think common, my near-illiterate friend. Most people are both. I know I am nice to people who are nice to me, and mean to people who are mean to me. It's my variation on the Golden Rule-- "Do unto others as they have done unto you."

Your genes make up quite a bit about you. There are sets of genes that might make you predisposed to be gay, for instance. There are sets of genes that might make you predisposed to be a complete, selfish jerk. Why do we have this broad spectrum of genes? Because it's no a big selection criteria. Especially in the modern world, there's not a lot of selection pressure against complete jerks. Nor, apperantly, is there a lot of selection pressure against unintelligent people. So, as there is very little selection pressure, there's a lot of latitude in the genetic diversity for those genes.

Now, just because a person is predisposed to be a jerk doesn't mean they have to be a jerk. That's true. They can "choose" to be nice. However, in the arguments of nature vs. nurture, it doesn't matter as long as kids remain with their natural parents. If their parents are jerks, that's the example they'll have to go on, and so will likely be jerks. (Just to be clear: I'm not suggesting we take kids away from their parents. I might suggest that people need a license to breed, but that's just because I'm a cynical bastard, and I really don't mean it.)

As far as medication goes: it's untrue that medication doesn't work. Medication often works. Better living through chemistry, and all that. I would agree that doctors over-prescribe, based on pressure from major pharmaceutical companies. However, I've seen way too many people get over their various problems with medication. I'm not sure if it's because medication drives the demons out, or if they really were just suffering from chemical imbalance, but medication often works.

When you get a headache, do you take anything? How about a cold? Do you take anything to relieve the symptoms?

As far as cold-blooded killin', there's nothing like killin' in the name of the Lord: http://off2dr.com/modules/extcal/event.php?event=76

ok every kid is born with the choice to be bad or good. kids usually pick up influences from their parents or other kids. if a kid hears there parents cursing they will curse, if they see another kid beating up another kid they would think its cool and also do it,but the kids that were taught right would see that is wrong and may try and stop it. but its up to the parent to teach them the right thing at an early age. when they reach adult hood they can make there own decisions. there are people that can be both nice and mean. but there are some people that is completely mean i mean really if you ask for help they would yell at you and say did i ask for your help,or  they may just be grumpy and cause trouble for no reason or people that just kill random people out of hate. there are people that are nice no matter what even when trouble faces them, for example jesus and many of his deciples. many of them were spit on and even killed, they never retaliated back nor hated them. if you read the bible you will see that god didnt kill for no reason, you will see his reason are mostly for disobedience to him and the people themselves kill for no reason just to show their power.

IknowTruth
Theist
User is offlineOffline
i read the link you

i read the link you posted that talked about Jeffrey Lundgren. he was a hypocrite an imitater of god's children.he is of his true father satan the son of perdition the great deciever. he shall surely be punished for using the lord for evil doing,and if you are hating christians because of one person and i know there are many other so call christians who have done similar things but you cant hate god because of them. if eveyone was like you then the whole world would hate eachother.

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
Safety Scissors

IknowTruth wrote:

i read the link you posted that talked about Jeffrey Lundgren. he was a hypocrite an imitater of god's children.he is of his true father satan the son of perdition the great deciever. he shall surely be punished for using the lord for evil doing,and if you are hating christians because of one person and i know there are many other so call christians who have done similar things but you cant hate god because of them. if eveyone was like you then the whole world would hate eachother.

I don't hate Christians, or God, for what some nutjob did in Ohio. He was obviously crazy, and merely used God to control other people. Whether or not he really believed in God doesn't matter. He was a nutjob, and the people who followed him, and helped him murder, were also crazy. I don't hold that against other Christians, any more than I hold Isaac Asimov's terrible puns against other atheists. I don't hate Christians at all. I truly respect many Christians, both for their faith, and for their contributions to humanity. Lundgren's actions had nothing to do with Christianity.

I believe you do more harm in God's name than J. Lundgren.

I have known many Christians. I was married to a fundamentalist Christian when I was in the army, twenty years ago. She was a good person. But, like you, she refused to accept the evidence of reality. If her own senses contradicted something from the Bible, she took the word of the Bible over her own sensations and conceptions.

That is a textbook case of "delusional."

I would rather be able to trust my own senses, my own brain, my own logic, my own intelligence, then take the word of a book. I distrust people who don't rely on their own senses. The practice of science itself requires everyone to question results, to verify with their own senses the results of others. It's vital to every day living to question authority, to question our own beliefs about various aspects of life.

I distrust those who, like you, actively cast away knowledge that contradicts their personal interpretation of the Bible. This is the sort of dogmatism and blindness that leads to poor political and personal choices. This is the sort of selfish, reactionary zealousness that leads to stonings, burnings at the stake, and Presidential candidates that would like to change the U.S. Constitution to "match God's law."

Your belief in the strict, literal inerrency of the Bible makes you dangerous. Not in the J. Lundgren way. He was only dangerous to a few people. No -- your belief will help lead to the suppression of knowledge (such as evolution). Your belief will elect someone who claims to be a born-again fundamentalist Christian, but is really just another nutjob like Lundgren. (Someone like Mike Huckabee, say.) Your belief will lead to mass ignorance in an age of enlightenment.

You have every right to believe as you wish. I will not try to stop you. If you come to a place of rationalism, such as this website, I will try to reason with you, to hold a rational discussion with you, to actually engage you, intellectually. I don't even intend to save your non-existent immortal soul. Your path through life is yours to make, not mine, and I respect that, and I will give you every chance to make those choices yourself.

All that assumes you try to engage me rationally. If you wish to talk about your Christianity, that's fine. If you wish to discuss the reasons you choose to be a Christian, that's fine, too. (Expect some serious deconstruction of your arguments, though. This site has some really sharp chainsaws of intellect. Me, I'm like a pair of safety scissors, the ones with the rounded ends.) But if you only desire to try to convert me, to save my non-existent immortal soul, to limit my choices to choose my path through life, then we have a problem.

So far, you've been all preach, no conversation. That doesn't cut it among people who try to think for themselves. Saving souls among atheists is dangerous business. They'll challenge your arguments, make you prove that you've thought it all out. If you haven't, and you are intellectually honest, you may end up questioning your belief. If you do end up questioning your belief, and end up still believing in God, your faith will be stronger for it.

If you're not intellectually honest, then you'll merely say, "The Bible says it's true, so it is true." Really, that's no kind of faith at all.

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers

IknowTruth
Theist
User is offlineOffline
there is so many why gods

there is so many why gods words is true and not man. man say the earth is billions of years old when there is absolutely no proof of it. people brought up everything possible against me to prove a 4.7 billion year old earth but i proved them wrong everytime.evolution just doesnt make any sense at all and i do know evolution very well but i know its not truth.

magilum
User is offlineOffline
IknowTruth wrote:ok lions do

IknowTruth wrote:

ok lions do not kill because they ancestors did it they were created to be aggresive. lions especially male lions will kill anything other that a lion or a lion thats not in their pride. for example a nomadic male will kill baby cubs because male lions want to cut short competition at all cost and the cubs will be a threat to his cubs surival. male lions have an order in which who eats an kill first and of course  they will eat first because they are most dominant. second in line are the cubs, and you know no male lion isnt going to take care of another males cub so he kills them...im not to familiar with the quoting system yet -_-

So you're arguing against the well-established evolutionary idea that aggressive traits can be inherited, and replaced it with the claim they were "created that way," for some undisclosed reason. Fantastic. You follow by redundantly elaborating on the behaviors you failed to provide an alternative explanation for. Wonderful. Please go away.

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
IknowTruth wrote:there is so

IknowTruth wrote:
there is so many why gods words is true and not man.

All there is is man's word.

IknowTruth wrote:
man say the earth is billions of years old when there is absolutely no proof of it. people brought up everything possible against me to prove a 4.7 billion year old earth but i proved them wrong everytime.

Uhh, what?  The only reason man says the earth is billions of years old is due to the proof.  If there wasn't any, man wouldn't say it was.  I don't want to derail this thread so I won't ask for your "proof" that it isn't.  It'll probably be some scripture or made up facts that completely lack any evidence or proof such as those rantings on demons and spirits you're so fond of.

IknowTruth wrote:
evolution just doesnt make any sense at all and i do know evolution very well but i know its not truth.

Creationist evolution makes no sense.  Creationist evolution appears to be what you know very well.  ACTUAL evolution on the other hand, you don't appear to have the slightest clue on as has been shown time and time again in this thread. 

You've already conceded that you lost, you can't just reset that by making false statements in a positive manner.

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
Congradulations!

I would like to thank Iknowtruth for his awesome role on our hit series

"How Deep is the Rabbit Hole?"

He has been a super contestant, and one of the most illogical in a LONG time.

*audience claps*

Thats right Truthy, you've been played, man Sticking out tongue

We've just been toying with you for a week to see how big of an idiot you would make yourself ^_^

Ok, i luv you buh bye!

hehehe

What Would Kharn Do?

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
IknowTruth

IknowTruth wrote:

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

ok we got big grown ups who know better killing little kids sacraficing them to some unkown god god other than than worshipping the true one.god destroyed all the adults including the children, who says there is a problem with death? i am sure the children werent sent to hell and punished god doesnt eternally punish the innocent.now the adults have something to worry about they were doing things of sin and god had to stop it, most likely they were sent to a second death.

Your response changes nothing. 

Instead of "big grown up" Canaanites killing little kids now we have "big grown up " Hebrews killing little kids.  Are you really that stupid ?

Also, If death is no big deal then why do Christians whine about abortion ?  What's the difference between sending some innocent unborn child to heaven by killing it with a sword as opposed to sending it to heaven from an abortion clinic ?

You're a sick person.

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
nigelTheBold wrote:If you're

nigelTheBold wrote:

If you're not intellectually honest, then you'll merely say, "The Bible says it's true, so it is true." Really, that's no kind of faith at all.

IknowTruth wrote:

there is so many why gods words is true and not man. man say the earth is billions of years old when there is absolutely no proof of it. people brought up everything possible against me to prove a 4.7 billion year old earth but i proved them wrong everytime.evolution just doesnt make any sense at all and i do know evolution very well but i know its not truth.

Your honor, the prosecution rests.

Of course you proved them wrong every time. When you have a book written 1900 years ago, vs a mountain of physical evidence that you yourself could corroborate, the book of magic wins every time. That's exactly what I was getting at before, and why you are more dangerous than a crazynut with a gun.

You do not understand evolution. You've proven that yoruself, with your statements. Your statements are about equivelent to saying:

"A quadratic equation walked into a bank, pulled out a 32-calibar Briggs and Stratton polyphony automatic, and shot two people just for being Christians. While the teller was fetching the cash from the vault, the quadratic equation sodomized one of the bodies, and urinated on the other. Then he went into the empty vault and farted, closing the door to seal in the odor for the next person to find when they opened the vault. Then the quadratic equation got on his flying earthworm, took the money to his hideout, and jumped on his bed, even though his mommy told him not to.

"This is patently impossible, because Briggs and Stratton doesn't make a 32-calibar polyphony automatic! Furthermore, it couldn't be posible anyway, because quadratic equations don't have thumbs! And even worse, the Bible doesn't mention quadratic equations, so they must not exist."

It makes about as much sense.

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers

IknowTruth
Theist
User is offlineOffline
the reason why joshua

the reason why joshua destroyed young and old is because the young have been tainted by their fathers ways. most likely they will pass it to their generation and that means the cycle will continue so god had to destroy them all. god was watching their evil progress actually before it came to this just like with sodom and gomorrah. he gave them a chance to change but their evil ways were to great so they were destroyed. god destroyed everything on the land because it was tainted and evil. there were baby sacrafices and all sorts of unholy things, god said no more so he wiped them out and all their generations.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
IknowTruth wrote:the reason

IknowTruth wrote:

the reason why joshua destroyed young and old is because the young have been tainted by their fathers ways. most likely they will pass it to their generation and that means the cycle will continue so god had to destroy them all. god was watching their evil progress actually before it came to this just like with sodom and gomorrah. he gave them a chance to change but their evil ways were to great so they were destroyed. god destroyed everything on the land because it was tainted and evil. there were baby sacrafices and all sorts of unholy things, god said no more so he wiped them out and all their generations.

There is a much simpler explanation - threat elimination.

If Joshua didn't kill the older people, they'd fight him again when they regrouped. Or, they'd tell the youngsters stories about those bastard Hebrews who came to town on a killing spree.

If he didn't kill the young ones, they'd grow up and seek revenge. Why leave a potential army around?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:IknowTruth

jcgadfly wrote:

IknowTruth wrote:

There is a much simpler explanation - threat elimination.

If Joshua didn't kill the older people, they'd fight him again when they regrouped. Or, they'd tell the youngsters stories about those bastard Hebrews who came to town on a killing spree.

If he didn't kill the young ones, they'd grow up and seek revenge. Why leave a potential army around?

There's an even simpler explanation than that.  Never happened.  There's not a single speck of evidence to support the idea that any of these events ever took place.

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline

IknowTruth wrote:

So that was the only way an all-powerful God could solve such a problem? He could have changed all their hearts to remove those evil ways. After all he didn't mind intervening to change Pharoah's mind and 'harden his heart' against the Isarelites, so why couldn't he step in here? And don't give me any crap about not wanting to interfere with people's free will, he apparently did it with Pharoah, and no way that could be worse than killing them and everyone else in that place which would have had to include a number of innocents.

Try again, or admit that God is Evil, or not ALL-powerful, or doesn't exist. Those are your options.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

Cali_Athiest2
Cali_Athiest2's picture
User is offlineOffline

IknowTruth wrote:

Isn't genocide evil? So sky daddy was so upset with the baby sacrifices it ordered the wholesale destruction (i.e. baby killings) of entire peoples because they were evil. I would've told god to suck nuts myself. If he wanted them dead bad enough do your own dirty work. Sounds like propaganda to justify the wholesale murder of innocent civilians to me.

Sodom and gomorrah (not the real names btw) is another fantasy. Why would an all-knowing god need to test a couple backwater towns? Hello, an all-knowing god would just warn lot and his family to get the hell outta dodge, cause judgements a comin.

"Always seek out the truth, but avoid at all costs those that claim to have found it" ANONYMOUS

Eloise
TheistBronze Member
Eloise's picture
User is offlineOffline

IknowTruth wrote:

Yeah, Joshua the Vampire Slayer and his Judah's asswhipped all the nasty bloodsucking Canaanites, he was the, like, best vampire slayer ever!, pity he didn't stick around for Season Two the series went totally downhill after he was gone. Israelites worshipping Baals and getting hot with the infidels. Sooo wrong!

Theist badge qualifier : Gnostic/Philosophical Panentheist

www.mathematicianspictures.com

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
IknowTruth wrote: god

IknowTruth wrote:

god destroyed everything on the land because it was tainted and evil.

So even their animals were evil and had to be destroyed ?   How completely stupid !

Joshua had more in common with Andrea Yates  than I had even suggested.

Religious paranoia is insane no matter what century it occurs in !!!

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
IknowTruth wrote:i wonder

IknowTruth wrote:

i wonder the same thing why would evolution add emotions.

And I answered you. People have always depended upon one another. Empathy, sadness, happiness all have benefit to a group, but not necessarily to an individual.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Paradox:  Christians like

Paradox:  Christians like yourself constantly praise moral purity yet you defend the most evil behavior ( genocide ) known to man. 

It's no wonder so many people consider Christians to be misguided fools.....

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
IknowTruth wrote:he gave

IknowTruth wrote:

he gave them a chance to change but their evil ways were to great so they were destroyed. god destroyed everything on the land because it was tainted and evil. there were baby sacrafices and all sorts of unholy things, god said no more so he wiped them out and all their generations.

Now you're just getting scary. I suppose you won't read anything I say, but on the off-chance you do, I beg you not to hurt anyone for God. Can you do that for me?

fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
HisWillness wrote: .... I

HisWillness wrote:

.... I beg you not to hurt anyone for God. Can you do that for me?

Seriously Will, based upon what you've already seen, who do you think he's going to listen to...an evil atheist bound for Hell, or his "God" ?

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Seriously Will, based upon what you've already seen, who do you think he's going to listen to...an evil atheist bound for Hell, or his "God" ?

I sometimes wonder about that: when theists get crazy, and they're Jesus-based, is there a nice, friendly quote I could give them that says "please don't go on a violent crusade" or something like that?

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
HisWillness wrote: I

HisWillness wrote:

I sometimes wonder about that: when theists get crazy, and they're Jesus-based, is there a nice, friendly quote I could give them that says "please don't go on a violent crusade" or something like that?

Oh, I'm sure that some such cheerful verse exists but any Christians with an opposing viewpoint would probably resort to their favorite trick and accuse you of taking that verse "out of context."

Anyway, bible verses are like Hallmark Cards, there's one for every occasion.

IknowTruth
Theist
User is offlineOffline
god used the pharoah as an

god used the pharoah as an example,he showed everyone in the world his greatness no one is more powerful. when people saw what god did to the pharoah they no longer took him as a joke(well at least some of them, many of them went right back to idol worshipping there are always fools who fall for satans temptations). god slaughtered all of them because all of them had to be in this sacaraficing,it was being practiced throughout the whole land, and also they were very disobedient to god,and god is no joke.he gives you time to change but once he takes your life there is no turning back. the land was tainited and cursed, all the inhabitants who caused this had to be killed including the cattles.most likely adults would show younger kids this horrible act, and so most likely they would pass it down god had to end the cycle.

IknowTruth
Theist
User is offlineOffline
you cannot always be all

you cannot always be all kind or no one would take you seriously. god was kind many of times in the bible he took the people out of egypt. what did they do afterwatds? turn against him again. god had to show his wrath, his kidness was not getting through.

IknowTruth
Theist
User is offlineOffline
"Sodom and gomorrah (not the

"Sodom and gomorrah (not the real names btw) is another fantasy. Why would an all-knowing god need to test a couple backwater towns?"

i hope you know the remains of soddom and gommorah still stand till this day. "Then the Lord rained brimstone and fire on Sodom and Gomorrah, from the Lord out of the heavens"  Genesis 19:24.  "Turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them to destruction, making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly"  II Peter 2:6. he said live afterwards which would also apply to us. and as you can see its clearly still here, but the fools will say this is not because of god,they will find anything to change the truth of the bible to lies. satan the fater of lies awaits for all the liers.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
IknowTruth wrote:"Sodom and

IknowTruth wrote:

"Sodom and gomorrah (not the real names btw) is another fantasy. Why would an all-knowing god need to test a couple backwater towns?"

i hope you know the remains of soddom and gommorah still stand till this day. "Then the Lord rained brimstone and fire on Sodom and Gomorrah, from the Lord out of the heavens"  Genesis 19:24.  "Turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them to destruction, making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly"  II Peter 2:6. he said live afterwards which would also apply to us. and as you can see its clearly still here, but the fools will say this is not because of god,they will find anything to change the truth of the bible to lies. satan the fater of lies awaits for all the liers.

Your arguments, weak as they are, are only further undermined by your lack of ability with regards  to capitalization, sentence structure, and spelling.  Are you a chimp ?

IknowTruth
Theist
User is offlineOffline
I will not be in a rush to

I will not be in a rush to type next time. but a few word errors insn't a big deal.

Eloise
TheistBronze Member
Eloise's picture
User is offlineOffline
IknowTruth wrote:god used

IknowTruth wrote:

god used the pharoah as an example,he showed everyone in the world his greatness no one is more powerful. when people saw what god did to the pharoah they no longer took him as a joke(well at least some of them, many of them went right back to idol worshipping there are always fools who fall for satans temptations). god slaughtered all of them because all of them had to be in this sacaraficing,it was being practiced throughout the whole land, and also they were very disobedient to god,and god is no joke.he gives you time to change but once he takes your life there is no turning back. the land was tainited and cursed, all the inhabitants who caused this had to be killed including the cattles.most likely adults would show younger kids this horrible act, and so most likely they would pass it down god had to end the cycle.

My my, you do like to travel in circles don't you.  You just don't get that this sort of Good v Evil polarity is idealistic fantasy, do you? It is now, and it always has been. So your God legend is about wiping out evil, great great, everyone gets it, Ok.

Now take a breath and think about what you're saying.

God didn't do any of these things in this story, Joshua and his armies did them.

Now put your God in the context of the literature properly; this God of Moses is the pinnacle of influence over Joshua's choices, the creed which he follows and the idealism guiding his conscience. It doesn't matter if you have a spook figure god haunting Joshua's official chambers, or just the sum of his spiritual and philosophical learning in a corporeal metaphor, it amounts to the same thing. This god decreed that Joshua act against his evil in his midst, he was the chosen agent of good in the story. 

How is this different from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, well... it's not,  frankly. It's no different to the Die Hard series (see the gruesome end those bad guys come to, but hey no biggie, they're really bad people, right?) , it's no different to Hansel and Gretel stuffing a witch in an oven, she was going to eat them, by the way, so this was heroic, you see..

So the evil soul destroying force of Canaan was overcome by the hero of our legend, the chosen one, Joshua. The nation of Israel esteemed the ideals by which he justified his actions, Moses Laws. Joshua wipes out evil unerringly, he's insanely violent about it, sure, but they're vampires... I mean... Canaanites, it's not like killing innocents, this, it's supernatural warfare here and the force of good must ultimately prevail.

Think carefully about this, now, who here isn't taking the God of your legend, the ultimate moral imperative of fictional characters like John McClean and Joshua seriously?

Theist badge qualifier : Gnostic/Philosophical Panentheist

www.mathematicianspictures.com

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
  Let's see if I can spell

{edit } Eloise . you are family .... you are wonderful ....  

Let's see if I can spell > Evolution , Wow, proof , of evolution ....       

Now what do I want? .....    (yeah, rrs girls and the rest)  Can we get serious here !?!?

{ edit }  Hey guys, girls to touch , why are we wasting our time ! ?   

Subdi Visions
Bronze Member
Subdi Visions's picture
User is offlineOffline
Mr.

Mr. ThinksHeKnowsTruthButReallyOnlyPartiallyKnowsSillyMyths,

Several people have already tried to answer your ignorant questions. If you truly want to understand why empathy exists you might try picking up some Psychology text books from a local community college and or try doing some research on some reputable websites dedicated to psychology and the mind. Scientific American has some really good information on the mind. Discover magazine online also provides some good information on the mind. And I have no doubt that several others here can suggest a few other really good sites.

You are trying to refute scientific knowledge on evolution with your own, very sad, lack of knowledge in an effort to satisfy your personal theology. Consider trying to reconcile scientific FACT with your personal theology which is all make believe anyway. It shouldn't be that hard to wedge in a few facts.

Hambydammit wrote:

Please explain to me in a couple of concise paragraphs

Seriously, I would increase my monthly donation if you could add an alternate version of your posts with a more accessible one. A version understandable by a simple caveman perhaps Sticking out tongue

Respectfully,
Lenny

"The righteous rise, With burning eyes, Of hatred and ill-will
Madmen fed on fear and lies, To beat and burn and kill"
Witch Hunt from the album Moving Pictures. Neal Pert, Rush

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
IknowTruth wrote:you cannot

IknowTruth wrote:
you cannot always be all kind or no one would take you seriously. god was kind many of times in the bible he took the people out of egypt. what did they do afterwatds? turn against him again. god had to show his wrath, his kidness was not getting through.

Scary that you believe in an all-powerful petulant child. Scary.

IknowTruth
Theist
User is offlineOffline
why do some people regret

why do some people regret killing another person? if you honestly think mankind had the ability to feel whats right from wrong in terms on killing and sadness by an mistake then believe so.i know god inputed these feelings into humans. how you live determines how your soul would be. which then determines your actions. i cant believe you all actually think mankind and animals came by random chance aka an accident. i dont see how evolution would know that we need ears,eyes,nose, we are so perfectly designed i will dare not give gods glory to an imaginary random process which is evolution.thats what satan want, he wants god glory to be taken he once tried to take his glory. satan is intent to get rid of god completely out of peoples lives.sadly its been done numerous of times, and sadly many people must suffer an eternal punishment which is inevitable. think about how would evolution know that we need ears?eyes? you all give glory to evolution like it is actually alive which is sad really.

magilum
User is offlineOffline
IknowTruth wrote:why do some

IknowTruth wrote:

why do some people regret killing another person? if you honestly think mankind had the ability to feel whats right from wrong in terms on killing and sadness by an mistake then believe so.

That's not a belief, it's a fact -- to disprove as you'd like to, you'd have to prove the implied foundations of your claims: dualism, god, divine command, etc. Saying that people are capable of the behavior we ourselves have dubbed regret isn't remarkable; saying that it was magically shoved into humanity is.

IknowTruth wrote:
i know god inputed these feelings into humans.

Typical naked assertion.

IknowTruth wrote:
how you live determines how your soul would be.

You have to prove dualism for that to be meaningful.

IknowTruth wrote:
which then determines your actions.

How you live... determines how you live. Deep.

IknowTruth wrote:
i cant believe you all actually think mankind and animals came by random chance aka an accident.

Read a book.

IknowTruth wrote:
i dont see how evolution would know that we need ears,eyes,nose, we are so perfectly designed

And if someone points out defects, you'll make an ad hoc about sin. What does "perfect" mean, anyway?

IknowTruth wrote:
i will dare not give gods glory to an imaginary random process which is evolution.

LOL. Yeah, that imaginary theory that biological science and pathogenic medicine rely on. It can't compare with Christianity's innovations in tall hats and gilded edges.

IknowTruth wrote:
thats what satan want, he wants god glory to be taken he once tried to take his glory. satan is intent to get rid of god completely out of peoples lives.sadly its been done numerous of times, and sadly many people must suffer an eternal punishment which is inevitable. think about how would evolution know that we need ears?eyes? you all give glory to evolution like it is actually alive which is sad really.

LOL!!! Oh, man.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
IknowTruth wrote:why do some

IknowTruth wrote:

why do some people regret killing another person? if you honestly think mankind had the ability to feel whats right from wrong in terms on killing and sadness by an mistake then believe so.i know god inputed these feelings into humans. how you live determines how your soul would be. which then determines your actions. i cant believe you all actually think mankind and animals came by random chance aka an accident. i dont see how evolution would know that we need ears,eyes,nose, we are so perfectly designed i will dare not give gods glory to an imaginary random process which is evolution.thats what satan want, he wants god glory to be taken he once tried to take his glory. satan is intent to get rid of god completely out of peoples lives.sadly its been done numerous of times, and sadly many people must suffer an eternal punishment which is inevitable. think about how would evolution know that we need ears?eyes? you all give glory to evolution like it is actually alive which is sad really.

Can you not see how the quality of your replies is deteriorating right before our eyes ?  You posts read like they were composed by an eight year old child. Perhaps you should wait for the thorazine to completely metabolize out of your brain before you begin to formute a response.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
IknowTruth wrote: if you

IknowTruth wrote:
 if you honestly think mankind had the ability to feel whats right from wrong in terms on killing and sadness by an mistake then believe so.

So ... you don't trust yourself, and evolution is a mistake? Honestly, now. Evolution is fascinating. Even just a basic understanding of it would help you so much. Let's go with this explanation here:

IknowTruth
Theist
User is offlineOffline
seriously if any evolutionst

seriously if any evolutionst can give at least 10 solid hard facts on evolution then i will take it more seriously. i have not once ever seen at least five solid facts on evolution not once. if any of you can enlighten me with some FACTS please do so to change my views of this idiotic evolution,and dont tell me to go read a book or do some research.ive been doing that for years and evolution still looks the same as always rediculous,i dont see why you all believe in evolution it bothers me.

jonasnz1
User is offlineOffline

IknowTruth wrote:

Im sorry, Im not as heavily schooled as some of my fellow athiests here, but I have to chime in on this one...

In the bible, is slaughter after slaughter, after slaughter, all in the name of the one true god....

Somehow, thiests think this is ok??? (the ole god/satan made me do it?)

As group animals, we developed (through evolution) the social ability to interact with the group, (good for the species) emotions are simply an extention of that.

Emotions help us to act as a group/pack/herd.

As far as acting with other species such as dogs, "symbiotic relationships" read a book!

And not that piece of politcal fiction...the bible.

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
IknowTruth wrote:seriously

IknowTruth wrote:

seriously if any evolutionst can give at least 10 solid hard facts on evolution then i will take it more seriously. i have not once ever seen at least five solid facts on evolution not once. if any of you can enlighten me with some FACTS please do so to change my views of this idiotic evolution,and dont tell me to go read a book or do some research.ive been doing that for years and evolution still looks the same as always rediculous,i dont see why you all believe in evolution it bothers me.

Facts are easy. Let's try predictions, which is what science is all about.

PREDICTION:  If mutations happen on a frequency sufficient to be an evolutionary mechanism, there will most likely be far more non-beneficial mutations than beneficial.

OBSERVATION: Many, many single-point mutations result in birth defects, or non-viable fetuses. Many pregnancies spontaneously abort. In humans, this often happens before the female even realizes she's pregnant. So, mutations occur quite frequently.

PREDICTION: As mitochondrial DNA is passed down through the generations via the egg, mitochondrial DNA will be more similar in species that are closer together in the evolutionary family tree. That is, mitochondrial DNA in humans will be more similar to apes than monkeys, but human/monkey mitochondrial DNA will be closer than human/dog.

OBSERVATION: Sequenced mitochondrial DNA turns out to follow the predicted pattern. The human mitochondrial DNA is closer to that found in dogs than that found in cetaceans. And fish are way out.

PREDICTION: Fossils within a single geological layer will be more similar to fossils found in adjacent geological layers than those found in non-adjacent layers.

OBSERVATION: As predicted. The farther up or down the strata you go, the greater the difference between fossils.

PREDICTION: Breeding animals over several generations to have a specific trait will result in all offspring having that trait.

OBSERVATION: Although they originally came from common stock, breeding two toy poodles will never result in a saint bernard.

PREDICTION: If selection pressures existed to select for a specific genetic disorder, that disorder would become prevelant in a population.

OBSERVATION: Sickle cell anemia is a genetic disorder of the blood, which distorts the shape of the red blood cells. In most populations, this is a debilitating genetic disorder. However, it is also provides more resistant to malaria than "normal" red blood cells. In certain populations where malaria is prevelent, sickle cell anemia is, in fact, prevelent in the population.

PREDICTION: The use of anti-bacterial soaps, which kill off only about 98% of the bacteria they contact, will lead to anti-bacterial-resistant bacteria.

OBSERVATION: The number of cases of resistant bacteria is on the rise in countries that regularly use anti-bacterial soap.

There's a few to chew on. I'll continue on at some other point. As it is, I'm getting a little sleepy. That's why I avoided some of the more technical predictions.

IknowTruth
Theist
User is offlineOffline
"PREDICTION:  If mutations

"PREDICTION:  If mutations happen on a frequency sufficient to be an evolutionary mechanism, there will most likely be far more non-beneficial mutations than beneficial.

OBSERVATION: Many, many single-point mutations result in birth defects, or non-viable fetuses. Many pregnancies spontaneously abort. In humans, this often happens before the female even realizes she's pregnant. So, mutations occur quite frequently.

PREDICTION: As mitochondrial DNA is passed down through the generations via the egg, mitochondrial DNA will be more similar in species that are closer together in the evolutionary family tree. That is, mitochondrial DNA in humans will be more similar to apes than monkeys, but human/monkey mitochondrial DNA will be closer than human/dog.

OBSERVATION: Sequenced mitochondrial DNA turns out to follow the predicted pattern. The human mitochondrial DNA is closer to that found in dogs than that found in cetaceans. And fish are way out.

PREDICTION: Fossils within a single geological layer will be more similar to fossils found in adjacent geological layers than those found in non-adjacent layers.

OBSERVATION: As predicted. The farther up or down the strata you go, the greater the difference between fossils.

PREDICTION: Breeding animals over several generations to have a specific trait will result in all offspring having that trait.

OBSERVATION: Although they originally came from common stock, breeding two toy poodles will never result in a saint bernard.

PREDICTION: If selection pressures existed to select for a specific genetic disorder, that disorder would become prevelant in a population.

OBSERVATION: Sickle cell anemia is a genetic disorder of the blood, which distorts the shape of the red blood cells. In most populations, this is a debilitating genetic disorder. However, it is also provides more resistant to malaria than "normal" red blood cells. In certain populations where malaria is prevelent, sickle cell anemia is, in fact, prevelent in the population.

PREDICTION: The use of anti-bacterial soaps, which kill off only about 98% of the bacteria they contact, will lead to anti-bacterial-resistant bacteria.

OBSERVATION: The number of cases of resistant bacteria is on the rise in countries that regularly use anti-bacterial soap."

seriously do not bring this up in an argument or you will look bad. these are the type of arguments evolutionsit should despertately avoid. here is one of the big problems of many with evolution.scientist claimed many of times that life can form from inaminate matter. to make my point short that means that ALL life would not share the SAME common ancestor. for example scientist use evolution and macroevolution in the same category. macroevolution requires the creation of whole brand new genes, they do not continuing from existing ones. though both processes are called "evolution" they both are a completely different process. scientist know they can fool people like you all, but if you all were smart you wouldve realized that macroevolution is not evolution. evolution is the change in demographics, but macroevolution starts from an complete beginning. evolutionist also claim the life came from inanimate matter.even though this isnt true if it were true,every species would have its own common ancestor. for example, if a new life form from no where it wouldnt share the a common ancestor as us. evolutionist always trip themselves up,if inaminate matter could form once it should have happened many times. but for some reason it only happened once so EVERY SINGLE LIVING organism on earth share the SAME common ancestor. this is like the father of theories within evolution. life orginated within an warm pond full of inanimate amino acids, or some place very hot, or some place very cold. that means this inanimate matter had to produce something living that could produce offspring, that natural selection can select from. there is no evidence what so ever on earth of this happening,becuase it cant happen. it doesnt stop here. evolutionist also would try despretely to seperate the origin of life from the origin of species. the reason being is because evolutionist know that spontaneous generation is literally impossible. they cannot avoid this argument though. because the theory of evolution is suppose to explain how we got here without no supernatural activity creating life.so they must include the origin of life for it is suppose to explain how we got here, but evolutionist DESPERATELY try and avoid this argument becuase every time they loose and look foolish.

magilum
User is offlineOffline
You're not describing the

You're not describing the theory of evolution, or anything else for that matter. You don't deserve the time it would take for anyone to correct all that stupid.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
deariknowtruth.

deariknowtruth.youaresuchaworthlesspieceofshit.ifyouareevidenceofwhatgodcreatesthenyourgodisauselesspieceofshitaswell.infacteverythingaboutyouisuselessjustlikeyourstupidgod. fuckyouandyourstupidgod.youdon'tknowwhatyouaretalkingaboutandyouneverwillbutkeepflappingyoujawsandpretendingthatyouhispreciouscreation.psidecidedtostartmakingmypostslooklikeyoursdo.howdoyoulikeitsofar?

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
IknowTruth wrote:seriously

IknowTruth wrote:
seriously do not bring this up in an argument or you will look bad.

Maybe to someone without any understanding of scientific method or knowledge, sure. But really, who cares what they think? Especially when the topic is science. Any literate scientifically minded person looking at that list would probably have a "oh yeah, I forgot about that one" reaction, not "wow, that really looks bad" (?!?)

IknowTruth wrote:
these are the type of arguments evolutionsit should despertately avoid. here is one of the big problems of many with evolution. [...] 

Decide whether you want to talk about abiogenesis or evolution, please. You're confusing the two.

IknowTruth
Theist
User is offlineOffline
"Decide whether you want to

"Decide whether you want to talk about abiogenesis or evolution, please. You're confusing the two."

i dont see why people seperate abiogenesis from evolution. the two shouldnt be seperated because abiogenesis is suppose to explain how life came from non life then that life supposively evolved to whats here today. if you all are going to deny the fact that god didnt create then something must have.science has shown MANY times that life cannot come from inanimate matter.evolution as a whole is stupid. heres a question to you all why do everysingle living organism  share the SAME common ancestor? is that possible?.

IknowTruth
Theist
User is offlineOffline
"fuckyouandyourstupidgod.youd

"fuckyouandyourstupidgod.youdon'tknowwhatyouaretalkingaboutandyouneverwillbutkeepflappingyoujawsandpretendingthatyouhispreciouscreation.psidecidedtostartmakingmypostslooklikeyoursdo.howdoyoulikeitsofar?"

sorry satans child for bringing the flaws of evolution to the public just deal with it. you are just like youre father satan he knows he cannot beat god in anything so he forever blasphemy towards him. it seems that you will join him one day even though i am sure it wouldnt be a pleasant experience. demons are known to get over excited and extremely angry when the facts are brought to them, is that your picture on your profile? demon i know its hard for you to refrain from cursing and you all have no morals but try to contain your self.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
IknowTruth wrote:heres a

IknowTruth wrote:

heres a question to you all why do everysingle living organism  share the SAME common ancestor? is that possible?.

It's actually not even necessary. There are bacteria that feed off of volcanic vents in the ocean floor that have never needed contact with anything above to live. The universe simply allows for life, and it happens. That's what we know. What you're saying is that you know exactly where life comes from, and it just happens to be this specific invisible thing. You can't know that, but you're pretending that you do. It's dishonest.

Subdi Visions
Bronze Member
Subdi Visions's picture
User is offlineOffline
For all his posturing and

For all his posturing and chin boogey this guy is just another dishonest christian.

Strategy for those evil RRS peoples: Dazzle them with a bunch of metaphysical bull shit until I catch them making a claim they can't support then claim the glory for jesus.  Arg!!!

Respectfully,
Lenny

"The righteous rise, With burning eyes, Of hatred and ill-will
Madmen fed on fear and lies, To beat and burn and kill"
Witch Hunt from the album Moving Pictures. Neal Pert, Rush

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
why the fuck hasnt Truthy

why the fuck hasnt Truthy hit the bottom of the hole yet? i tossed him in a while back >.>