now I am knocking down politicians (separation of church and state)

Slayne
Slayne's picture
Posts: 91
Joined: 2008-01-02
User is offlineOffline
now I am knocking down politicians (separation of church and state)

 yeah so I get contacted by a politician running for the Massachusetts House of Representatives. his closing comments were of the mention of his devout christianity. 

"I am a Christian. Let's rock."
http://www.myspace.com/peaceisthesymptom 
http://www. williambunker2008. blogspot. com

Massachusetts is fucked up enough by a morman. We don't need a damn christian so here is how the conversation went.

Me:
Saying you are Christian is a bad ploy driving me to not vote for you, as you are the driving force of ignorance in our country.

MA Rep:
Pardon me, but have I not proposed to you the greatest raft of progressive and intelligent choices that you have ever been offered?

Is that still unintelligent? We can definitely debate Christianity. I would love to cite to you a quantity of science from the Max Planck Institute, the Russian Academy of Sciences, the University of Sydney, NASA, and other organizations that lend credence to Christianity and theism.

Go to www. ask. com and type in 'space dust, plasma, electromagnetic fields' and read some of the findings by the institutions I mentioned.

Me:
either way you have already lost by inferring religion within Politics. Theism is a failed rationality, and I am not impressed with your science argument as you just told me to look it up for myself. therefore you are merely using these weak arguments of what you claim. But case and point in politics religion shouldn't be stated at all. get your head out of your ass prepare to be smeared.

________________________________________________

 

As a Rational Responder I feel it is my civic Duty to knock this sort of behavior down and remove it from Politics, despite active Atheism being illegal in the sate of Massachusetts.

----------------------------------

 

PART IV. CRIMES, PUNISHMENTS AND PROCEEDINGS IN CRIMINAL CASES

 

TITLE I. CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS

 

CHAPTER 272. CRIMES AGAINST CHASTITY, MORALITY, DECENCY AND GOOD ORDER

 

Chapter 272: Section 36. Blasphemy

 

Section 36. Whoever willfully blasphemes the holy name of God by denying, cursing or contumeliously reproaching God, his creation, government or final judging of the world, or by cursing or contumeliously reproaching Jesus Christ or the Holy Ghost, or by cursing or contumeliously reproaching or exposing to contempt and ridicule, the holy word of God contained in the holy scriptures shall be punished by imprisonment in jail for not more than one year or by a fine of not more than three hundred dollars, and may also be bound to good behavior.

 

If God didn't want atheists than we wouldn't exist..


FulltimeDefendent
Scientist
FulltimeDefendent's picture
Posts: 455
Joined: 2007-10-02
User is offlineOffline
Slayne wrote:As a Rational

Slayne wrote:

As a Rational Responder I feel it is my civic Duty to knock this sort of behavior down and remove it from Politics, despite active Atheism being illegal in the sate of Massachusetts.

----------------------------------

 

PART IV. CRIMES, PUNISHMENTS AND PROCEEDINGSIN CRIMINAL CASES

 

TITLE I. CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS

 

CHAPTER 272. CRIMES AGAINST CHASTITY, MORALITY, DECENCY AND GOOD ORDER

 

Chapter 272: Section 36. Blasphemy

 

Section 36. Whoever wilfully blasphemes the holy name of God by denying, cursing or contumeliously reproaching God, his creation, government or final judging of the world, or by cursing or contumeliously reproaching Jesus Christ or the Holy Ghost, or by cursing or contumeliously reproaching or exposing to contempt and ridicule, the holy word of God contained in the holy scriptures shall be punished by imprisonment in jail for not more than one year or by a fine of not more than three hundred dollars, and may also be bound to good behavior.

 

 

Holy name? Holy shit. That's an unjust law that deserves to broken until it is repealed.

“It is true that in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. It is equally true that in the land of the blind, the two-eyed man is an enemy of the state, the people, and domestic tranquility… and necessarily so. Someone has to rearrange the furniture.”


Slayne
Slayne's picture
Posts: 91
Joined: 2008-01-02
User is offlineOffline
I decided after that comment I would send the following

so being the rebel I am I set this thanks for the thought fulltimedefender:

 

Subject:

RE: I am running for House of Representatives in
Massachusetts in 2008

Body:

Oh and by the way. Jesus never verifiably existed Saint paul was not aware of any knowledge of Jesus 7 decades after the presumed crusifiction. your god has no evidence in any way shape or form. dont you think if god wanted everyone to pray to him he would atleast prove himself so you wouldn't go to hell. and if if you give god a sex than he is not a god, he is just a mere monkey evolved to human.



so seeing as you believe in such things you are not intelligent enough to represent me.



So your Jesus is considered to be a homo-sexual, your god does not exist by any logic, however if he did exist I think he was insecure because he begs you to worship him glad I am not that insecure.



oh yeah and now you read all this I guess you should arrest me. because of this law in mass.


--------------------------------------------



PART IV. CRIMES, PUNISHMENTS AND PROCEEDINGSIN CRIMINAL CASES




TITLE I. CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS




CHAPTER 272. CRIMES AGAINST CHASTITY, MORALITY, DECENCY AND GOOD ORDER




Chapter 272: Section 36. Blasphemy





Section 36. Whoever wilfully blasphemes the holy name of God by denying, cursing or contumeliously reproaching God, his creation, government or final judging of the world, or by cursing or contumeliously reproaching Jesus Christ or the Holy Ghost, or by cursing or contumeliously reproaching or exposing to contempt and ridicule, the holy word of God contained in the holy scriptures shall be punished by imprisonment in jail for not more than one year or by a fine of not more than three hundred dollars, and may also be bound to good behavior.


---------------------------------------------..


but oh wait you wont, because there are too many atheists.

If God didn't want atheists than we wouldn't exist..


FulltimeDefendent
Scientist
FulltimeDefendent's picture
Posts: 455
Joined: 2007-10-02
User is offlineOffline
Slayne wrote:so being the

Slayne wrote:

so being the rebel I am I set this thanks for the thought fulltimedefender:

 

Subject:

RE: I am running for House of Representatives in
Massachusetts in 2008

Body:

Oh and by the way. Jesus never verifiably existed Saint paul was not aware of any knowledge of Jesus 7 decades after the presumed crusifiction. your god has no evidence in any way shape or form. dont you think if god wanted everyone to pray to him he would atleast prove himself so you wouldn't go to hell. and if if you give god a sex than he is not a god, he is just a mere monkey evolved to human.

 

so seeing as you believe in such things you are not intelligent enough to represent me.

 

So your Jesus is considered to be a homo-sexual, your god does not exist by any logic, however if he did exist I think he was insecure because he begs you to worship him glad I am not that insecure.

 

oh yeah and now you read all this I guess you should arrest me. because of this law in mass.

 

--------------------------------------------

 

PART IV. CRIMES, PUNISHMENTS AND PROCEEDINGSIN CRIMINAL CASES


 

TITLE I. CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS


 

CHAPTER 272. CRIMES AGAINST CHASTITY, MORALITY, DECENCY AND GOOD ORDER


 

Chapter 272: Section 36. Blasphemy



Section 36. Whoever wilfully blasphemes the holy name of God by denying, cursing or contumeliously reproaching God, his creation, government or final judging of the world, or by cursing or contumeliously reproaching Jesus Christ or the Holy Ghost, or by cursing or contumeliously reproaching or exposing to contempt and ridicule, the holy word of God contained in the holy scriptures shall be punished by imprisonment in jail for not more than one year or by a fine of not more than three hundred dollars, and may also be bound to good behavior.

 

---------------------------------------------..

 

but oh wait you wont, because there are too many atheists.

That's perfect. I hope you make a big deal of exposing that law for all it is.

“It is true that in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. It is equally true that in the land of the blind, the two-eyed man is an enemy of the state, the people, and domestic tranquility… and necessarily so. Someone has to rearrange the furniture.”


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15774
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Send them back this:I don't

Send them back this:

I don't care what you are, Christians don't own the government.

"As the government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion" Article 11 Treaty of Tripoli "Barbary Treaty", signed by both houses of congress WITHOUT DISSENT, and singed into LAW by President John Adams, June 10th 1797.

Peddling your personal beliefs to get votes won't work with me. I am only interested in job performance.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


pettman
Posts: 55
Joined: 2007-08-14
User is offlineOffline
Slayne wrote:PART IV.

Slayne wrote:

PART IV. CRIMES, PUNISHMENTS AND PROCEEDINGSIN CRIMINAL CASES

 

TITLE I. CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS

 

CHAPTER 272. CRIMES AGAINST CHASTITY, MORALITY, DECENCY AND GOOD ORDER

 

Chapter 272: Section 36. Blasphemy

 

Section 36. Whoever wilfully blasphemes the holy name of God by denying, cursing or contumeliously reproaching God, his creation, government or final judging of the world, or by cursing or contumeliously reproaching Jesus Christ or the Holy Ghost, or by cursing or contumeliously reproaching or exposing to contempt and ridicule, the holy word of God contained in the holy scriptures shall be punished by imprisonment in jail for not more than one year or by a fine of not more than three hundred dollars, and may also be bound to good behavior.

Isn't there something in the US constitution saying you've got freedom of speech which would make that law unconstitutional? Another angle of attack would be to start an anti-christian sect of some sort which practise ritual blasphemy.


NickB
High Level DonorSpecial Agent
NickB's picture
Posts: 188
Joined: 2008-02-10
User is offlineOffline
Amendment 1 - Freedom of

Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

It is an unconstitutional law and I doubt any judge or jury in the world would ever convict anybody of it.

It is funny how Americans preach the constitution as if it is second only to the bible and then say in is un-American  to not be Christian. I doubt  most Americans have read the constitution, I am Australian and I have read it many times.

If Jesus was born today he would be institutionalized as a schizophrenic with delusions of grandeur.


Raki
Superfan
Raki's picture
Posts: 259
Joined: 2007-08-05
User is offlineOffline
I would hammer that moron

I would hammer that moron for him thinking that just because he's a Christian,that means he can win over votes.

Nero(in response to a Youth pastor) wrote:

You are afraid and should be thus.  We look to eradicate your god from everything but history books.  We bring rationality and clear thought to those who choose lives of ignorance.  We are the blazing, incandescent brand that will leave an "A" so livid, so scarlet on your mind that you will not go an hour without reflecting on reality.


NickB
High Level DonorSpecial Agent
NickB's picture
Posts: 188
Joined: 2008-02-10
User is offlineOffline
In America isn't it common

In America isn't it common for politicians to claim they are Christians to win over votes? 


Slayne
Slayne's picture
Posts: 91
Joined: 2008-01-02
User is offlineOffline
so I am not exactly how to respond to this

 As I am not really much of a cosmologist, however I am pretty knowlegeable in biology... I am not sure how to respond to this one, but he is obviously trying to prove he's intelligent to win my vote.not gonna happen

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject:

RE: I am running for House of Representatives in
Massachusetts in 2008

Body:

I believe in the 1st amendment. That state law can't supercede the Constitution.

The Max Planck Institute, the Russian Academy of Sciences, and the University of Sydney have found that electromagnetic fields may be alive, and they produce helixes and double helixes in space dust in plasma.

We have also found DNA 'telepathically' recognizing other DNA and joining without physical explanation. This is done by a similar procedure as living electromagnetic fields.

Pliny the Younger recorded Jesus' life. The Romans have records of everyone they killed. Virgin births do occur. Blood on the shroud of turin was tested and allegedly had 23 chromosomes.

We've teleported atomic particles through space and time. Considering the high energy electromagnetic fields relative to science and spirituality, I would believe in periodic intelligent miracles motivated by such procedures.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the key things I am aware of or a might be mistaken. So correct me if I am wrong.

1.how does one find DNA "telepathically" I am thinking that to be BS.

2. I know that state law cant supercede constitution... but then why is it there?

3. Living Electromagnetic feilds???

4.dont have a clue about the double helixes thing.

 5."The Romans have records of everyone they killed." I personally don't see this as true, but could be wrong.

6. "Virgin births do occur. Blood on the shroud of turin was tested and allegedly had 23 chromosomes." this is absolute horseshit as first off the blood in the human body woul remain a constant. and humans have 46 Chromosomes making this theory impossible.

"Considering the high energy electromagnetic fields relative to science and spirituality, I would believe in periodic intelligent miracles motivated by such procedures."  seems rather conduluded hypothesis to me.


 

 

If God didn't want atheists than we wouldn't exist..


entomophila
ScientistSuperfan
Posts: 233
Joined: 2007-05-04
User is offlineOffline
defendent?

You mean "defendant", don't you?


NickB
High Level DonorSpecial Agent
NickB's picture
Posts: 188
Joined: 2008-02-10
User is offlineOffline
I believe that is called

I believe that is called pseudoscience.

Anyway what he is doing is using 1 study (probably exaggerating it too) to counter proof collected from thousands of studies. So you have 1000 highly respected, educated, and experienced scientists against a small group of crackpot scientist making shit up to suit their beliefs.

Religious people conveniently believe in science when it supports their delusions. Even if it is a single claim by a pseudo scientist they take that rubbish science and march into battle with it.

I read many reputable science blogs and I have yet to hear about living magnetic fields. For that to be true we would need to redefine everything we know about the science and the universe. Thankfully science relies on a preponderance of evidence; it does not just accept the probably falsified studies of a few crackpot scientists.

Ask him for a link on where you can get more info on these bullshit claims.   




If Jesus was born today he would be institutionalized as a schizophrenic with delusions of grandeur.


latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
Posts: 2038
Joined: 2007-06-01
User is offlineOffline
Slayne wrote: As I am not

Slayne wrote:

 As I am not really much of a cosmologist, however I am pretty knowlegeable in biology... I am not sure how to respond to this one, but he is obviously trying to prove he's intelligent to win my vote.not gonna happen

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject:

RE: I am running for House of Representatives in
Massachusetts in 2008

Body:

I believe in the 1st amendment. That state law can't supercede the Constitution.

The Max Planck Institute, the Russian Academy of Sciences, and the University of Sydney have found that electromagnetic fields may be alive, and they produce helixes and double helixes in space dust in plasma.

We have also found DNA 'telepathically' recognizing other DNA and joining without physical explanation. This is done by a similar procedure as living electromagnetic fields.

Pliny the Younger recorded Jesus' life. The Romans have records of everyone they killed. Virgin births do occur. Blood on the shroud of turin was tested and allegedly had 23 chromosomes.

We've teleported atomic particles through space and time. Considering the high energy electromagnetic fields relative to science and spirituality, I would believe in periodic intelligent miracles motivated by such procedures.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Ok the DNA part, from this article http://www.scienceblog.com/cms/telepathic-genes-recognize-similarities-each-other-15307.html

DNA does not, again DOES NOT USE telepathy, scientists cannot make this statement as they do not have any conclusive evidence, they are trying to explain how genes recognize themselves, but that article is better at explaining it all.

Second, Electromagnetic fields that are alive forming helix and double helix. This is a major misunderstanding by this person. As per this article in the times magazine http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article2241753.ece An international panel from the Russian Academy of Sciences, the Max Planck institute in Germany and the University of Sydney found that galactic dust could form spontaneously into helixes and double helixes and that the inorganic creations had memory and the power to reproduce themselves. The new research, to be published this week in the New Journal of Physics, found nonorganic dust, when held in the form of plasma in zero gravity, formed the helical structures found in DNA. The particles are held together by electromagnetic forces that the scientists say could contain a code comparable to the genetic information held in organic matter. It appeared that this code could be transferred to the next generation. So no alive electromagnetic fields. your boy is 0-2.

Pliny the younger wrote about christians in general that worshipped christus not about the life and times of jesus, this is an outright lie, 0 - 3 so far again, if he did write about jesus's life ask him to give you the evidence, the mentions of pliny the younger about the christians that refused to worship the emperor. As for the other ones I am doing some research (and I have to take my daughter to school) so I will get to them later. Although the scientific stuff I bet deluded is far better at it than I am.


latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
Posts: 2038
Joined: 2007-06-01
User is offlineOffline
Ok I am back, the Shroud of

Ok I am back, the Shroud of Turin....yeah I cannot find ANYWHERE of any credible analysis of the DNA on the shroud of Turin, except that some obscure Italian journal and all it stated that it was jesus blood.....ok how, nothing about 23 chromosomes. Oh but I did find this out that the distinguished microanalyst Walter McCrone identified the blood as red ocher and vermilion tempera paint, which explained why it was bright red after at least seven centuries. but lets not have the facts actually get in the way of jesus and god here. so far 0 - 4.

Virgin births in lizards....yes in humans.....never in recorded history has there been a verifiable virgin birth. NEVER NOT ONCE EVER. This is a load of horse shit. 0 - 5 so far.

Oh records of everyone they ever killed, the romans umm yeah they were miticulous, yet nothing has survived about jesus at all, nothing in roman literature talks about jesus christ. As well many of the records have no survived time so again....horse shit, and on a side note Pliny wrote about the christians in 113 AD.......113 year after the so called birth of christ and about 70 years after his so called death, pliny wasn't even ALIVE yet for the time of christ. So we are not 0 - 6

 

As for sending atomic particals back in time....again wrong, subatomic particals in theory (and so far tested but the conclusion in inconclusive as if they traveled faster than the speed of light and therefore appeared to go back in "time&quotEye-wink As well there is quantum theories on this but again, nothing has been sent back in time per se....well 0 for 7 your guy should not get into politics with flawed gullable intelligence like this man. seriously he is a fraud.

 

 


Slayne
Slayne's picture
Posts: 91
Joined: 2008-01-02
User is offlineOffline
thanks latincanuck I hope me

thanks latincanuck I hope me using that info knocked his ass down hardcore. I just typed a frickin essay to his ass. you the man. lol

 

If God didn't want atheists than we wouldn't exist..


FulltimeDefendent
Scientist
FulltimeDefendent's picture
Posts: 455
Joined: 2007-10-02
User is offlineOffline
entomophila wrote:You mean

entomophila wrote:

You mean "defendant", don't you?

Misspelled it once accidentally on another forum when I first started posting, before I came here. For simplicity's sake I'm keeping it that way.

“It is true that in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. It is equally true that in the land of the blind, the two-eyed man is an enemy of the state, the people, and domestic tranquility… and necessarily so. Someone has to rearrange the furniture.”


entomophila
ScientistSuperfan
Posts: 233
Joined: 2007-05-04
User is offlineOffline
defending defendent

 

 

 

 


FulltimeDefendent
Scientist
FulltimeDefendent's picture
Posts: 455
Joined: 2007-10-02
User is offlineOffline
Slayne wrote: As I am not

Slayne wrote:

 As I am not really much of a cosmologist, however I am pretty knowlegeable in biology... I am not sure how to respond to this one, but he is obviously trying to prove he's intelligent to win my vote.not gonna happen

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject:

RE: I am running for House of Representatives in
Massachusetts in 2008

Body:

I believe in the 1st amendment. That state law can't supercede the Constitution.

The Max Planck Institute, the Russian Academy of Sciences, and the University of Sydney have found that electromagnetic fields may be alive, and they produce helixes and double helixes in space dust in plasma.

We have also found DNA 'telepathically' recognizing other DNA and joining without physical explanation. This is done by a similar procedure as living electromagnetic fields.

Pliny the Younger recorded Jesus' life. The Romans have records of everyone they killed. Virgin births do occur. Blood on the shroud of turin was tested and allegedly had 23 chromosomes.

Ummm... telepathic DNA? This does not compute. Since telepathy has never been consistently demonstrated in a laboratory setting, how would scientists recognize it? Slayne, you're very enthusiastic and you seem like a cool person, but I would get your facts straight. I don't know off the top of my head how genes recognize each other, but "telepathy" is at this point no better an explanation that "goddidit."

About virgin births... until recently "virgin" meant someone unmarried, not someone who'd never had sex. Also, the Romans punished women who bore children out of wedlock severely, so while their records may list virgins, the truth is in this case a matter of semantics and context.

 

 

“It is true that in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. It is equally true that in the land of the blind, the two-eyed man is an enemy of the state, the people, and domestic tranquility… and necessarily so. Someone has to rearrange the furniture.”


FulltimeDefendent
Scientist
FulltimeDefendent's picture
Posts: 455
Joined: 2007-10-02
User is offlineOffline
What's the deal, Entomophila?

entomophila wrote:

What does this mean? Is 3 E's that much of a problem?

***EDIT: I can at least be consistently idiosyncratic, can't I?

 

 

“It is true that in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. It is equally true that in the land of the blind, the two-eyed man is an enemy of the state, the people, and domestic tranquility… and necessarily so. Someone has to rearrange the furniture.”


Slayne
Slayne's picture
Posts: 91
Joined: 2008-01-02
User is offlineOffline
This Asshole doesnt stop I have no clue what to tell him now

Subject:

RE: I am running for House of Representatives in
Massachusetts in 2008

Body:


I am not here to tare to your sense of justice. I have read articles you have not, and have a wealth of experience and knowledge you do not, which you are discounting. Whether you value or recognize them or fail to, spiritual events are quite real and more amazing things happen than you or I are able to understand currently.

I have not read the part about the shroud, but I will consider it. It may have been masonic from other references.

You have not read the scientific articles I have. re the philadelphia experiment.

re organic farms, you're not using intelligence. it's not about being a law. i rewon't force you to have organic farms on your rooftop. others understand that this is a positive change and i imagine 1 out of 10 or 20 buildings in a city might actually have such a farm. If they did all or roughly all have such a farm the city would be cleaner and the local economy sturdier.

Have you read the references to the max planck institute? They are an important branch of spirituality that you have missed in your non-casual buttal.

 

 

Subject:

RE: I am running for House of Representatives in
Massachusetts in 2008

Body:


I found this email response from you second. Please read my first.



The description of life in electromagnetic fields is accurate. Your assumption is wrong, and I am unconcerned about your analysis. The facts are right next to us. You saying that they are one way or the other does not make it true. There are opinions other than your own, and evidence to substantiate them.



Examine NASA's work on finding new kinds of life in silicon and dust.



Pliny wrote articles that are reliably about Jesus's community. Can you prove to me that Abraham Lincoln lived?



Telepathy is examined in the 100th monkey principle.



When did you get to become the scorekeeper?


 

 

 

If God didn't want atheists than we wouldn't exist..


Slayne
Slayne's picture
Posts: 91
Joined: 2008-01-02
User is offlineOffline
so I just sent him this for now.

Subject:

RE: I am running for House of Representatives in
Massachusetts in 2008

Body:

 

actually now Just because electro-magnetic feils can form helix and double helix does not neccessarily make them alive just because a Double helix is formed does not give it the values of life. therefore not an assumption but factually researched, I love how you fucked up christians can warp facts to suit your needs so lets talk on a biological level as you are grasping to make falsified statementson things you think you grasp off the internet. Your delusions seem quite profound, and how the hell do you even have a clue of what I know you don't you only make assumptions and convuluted statements.

 

it shows in your politics that you are clueless, as you claim running as a libertarian. Libertarians dont impose creating new laws they only fight to stay neutral or repeal old ones. so that there shows your massive ignorance about yourself.

funny you say that they are opinions as I myself researched various science blogs and websites plus I also have a slew of scientist at my fingertips, inwhich to conerse with So pic a science and we will measure your failed data to the public well reputable data. And some of the fellow scientist I converse with.

yeah your pliny is a failure argument as much as your science. Pliny 113 AD long after jesus. you are a fool.

I feel like I am discussing Science With Kent Hovind or Ted Haggard, any rational and logical person can see how you try to blend FAITH with FACTUAL scientific data. Youblantantly stated"spiritual events are quite real and more amazing things happen than you or I are able to understand currently. " thus meaning you you try to make rational claims that are completely irrational by all meanings of the word.

Spirituality is a state of mind people use to explain feelings in which they cannot explain. So sense you are in the stone-age I suggest you go sacrifice a goat to a pagan god.

oh and the Max Planck institute just backs up my point that you are deluded with the concept of spirituality. Spirituality has no place in science as it only leads to biast. Science is non-biast, so I appreciate your proving me right and yourself beyond wrong. I would never read any scientific data or assumptions with a biast agenda. as then it is not science it is religion which fails everything.

 

If God didn't want atheists than we wouldn't exist..


latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
Posts: 2038
Joined: 2007-06-01
User is offlineOffline
We have far more evidence

We have far more evidence for Abraham Lincoln that we have for jesus, we have documents signed by Lincoln, we have his death certificate, local papers reporting on him, local historians writing about him, we have NONE of these for jesus, none at all, not one historian of the time wrote about jesus, Pliny was talking about christians in general that worshiped christus, romans also wrote about other religion that worshiped other gods, should we use this as evidence that such said deity or god exists? Because that is what he is doing, thanks for showing some great level of ignorance here, BIG TIME IGNORANCE.

 

Electromagnetic fields where holding the helix's in form in the plasma, not that the electromagnetic fields where alive or anything like that, yet still this shows that life can happen naturally, NO GOD REQUIRED, thank you very much, again his ignorance is showing. Yes Nasa is looking for life in many different forms after we don't know in what condition life might exists....this still is in favor or naturally occuring phenomena not a god/divine intervention lifeforms. Tell him thanks for giving us more ammo.

So he has read many article that you haven't I bet you have read many articles he hasn't, and I bet I have read even more articles and scientific and medical journals that he has (not that I alway comprehended everything in it, but I did have others eventually explain it to me, thanks to my cousin and a mentor) and I bet deluded god has read even more. It still doesn't change the fact that he is wrong in his assumptions and understandings.

100th monkey was an never exactly a tried and true tested observation, actually it was observed by some japanese scientists back in the 50's, however it has not been recreated since then and never proven true at all, NEVER PROVEN TRUE, this is very important here, it is at best a hypothesis, the story has changed so many times, however the it has been debunked by various others and it has more or less just become urban myth, you man is really not showing his intelligence here. Tell him to go read Ron Amundson the Hundredth Monkey Phenomena or read Elaine Myers Hundredth Monkey revisited or Rupert Sheldrake Why people believe in weird things.

Oh and tell him that I am keeping score, he is still 0 - 11


Slayne
Slayne's picture
Posts: 91
Joined: 2008-01-02
User is offlineOffline
Hey Latin I hope you dont

Hey Latin I hope you dont mind but you said everything so elequently I did a copy/paste with some edits but if anybody else ask I am giving you the credit. forgive me, but i want him too hit the ground so hard Japan will feel it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject:

RE: I am running for House of Representatives in
Massachusetts in 2008

Body:

and lets say this is the last I should hear from you dummy.



We have far more evidence for Abraham Lincoln that we have for jesus, we have documents signed by Lincoln, we have his death certificate, local papers reporting on him, local historians writing about him, we have NONE of these for jesus, none at all, not one historian of the time wrote about jesus, Pliny was talking about christians in general that worshiped christus, romans also wrote about other religion that worshiped other gods, should we use this as evidence that such said deity or god exists? Because that is what he is doing, thanks for showing some great level of ignorance here, BIG TIME IGNORANCE.





Electromagnetic fields where holding the helix's in form in the plasma, not that the electromagnetic fields where alive or anything like that, yet still this shows that life can happen naturally, NO GOD REQUIRED, thank you very much, again his ignorance is showing. Yes Nasa is looking for life in many different forms after we don't know in what condition life might exists.... this still is in favor or naturally occuring phenomena not a god/divine intervention lifeforms. Tell him thanks for giving us more ammo.



So you have read many articles that I haven't I bet I have read many articles y haven't,



100th monkey was an never exactly a tried and true tested observation, actually it was observed by some japanese scientists back in the 50's, however it has not been recreated since then and never proven true at all, NEVER PROVEN TRUE, this is very important here, it is at best a hypothesis, the story has changed so many times, however the it has been debunked by various others and it has more or less just become urban myth, you are really not showing your intelligence here. go read Ron Amundson the Hundredth Monkey Phenomena or read Elaine Myers Hundredth Monkey revisited or Rupert Sheldrake Why people believe in weird things.



Oh and I am supposed to tell you large parts of the science and Atheist Community are keeping score, you are still 0 - 11. oh and by the way we are all laughing at you.

If God didn't want atheists than we wouldn't exist..


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
I'm starting to wonder if

I'm starting to wonder if there's a place called "The Asshat Academy" where they train Christards on using the same stupid arguments over and over again.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


Watcher
atheist
Posts: 2326
Joined: 2007-07-10
User is offlineOffline
latincanuck wrote:We have

latincanuck wrote:

We have far more evidence for Abraham Lincoln that we have for jesus, we have documents signed by Lincoln, we have his death certificate, local papers reporting on him, local historians writing about him, we have NONE of these for jesus, none at all, not one historian of the time wrote about jesus, Pliny was talking about christians in general that worshiped christus, romans also wrote about other religion that worshiped other gods, should we use this as evidence that such said deity or god exists? Because that is what he is doing, thanks for showing some great level of ignorance here, BIG TIME IGNORANCE.

You forgot all the pictures we have of Lincoln such as this one at Antietam.

 

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci


latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
Posts: 2038
Joined: 2007-06-01
User is offlineOffline
yes you are correct, I

yes you are correct, I forgot the photographs, this is the illogical thinking and reasoning some thesis use, oh yeah look telepathic monkeys that shows god (how I have no clue) oh look electromagnetic fields that are alive (oh just forget to read or understand the entire research and what was stated about it just holding the helix and double helix form) yeah this is what you want in politics an idiot.