Cosmetic Database

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cosmetic Database

I realize this is a random post that has nothing to do with atheism but I figured I'd do it anyway.

www.cosmeticdatabase.com

This is a nifty website that basically lists a ton of cosmetics, soaps, deoderants, etc. and rates them by toxicity and allergy potential.  It gives a pretty detailed breakdown of each product. 

If you're a little hypochondriac I don't recommend going on this site.   You will be convinced you have cancer after checking out one or two products that you use.  I am apparently slathering myself in cancer causing agents.  Who knew. 

If you have allergies this is a great site.

If god takes life he's an indian giver

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I'm guessing you are being

I'm guessing you are being sarcastic. This seems very alarmist. They don't show evidence.

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ahh, to be a man and not

Ahh, to be a man and not have to slather myself in cancer causing slatherables.

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:They don't

MattShizzle wrote:

They don't show evidence.

The site does just list exactly what's on the label... then it just tells you what dangers of those particular ingredients are.

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:I'm

MattShizzle wrote:

I'm guessing you are being sarcastic. This seems very alarmist. They don't show evidence.

It does have information, detailed to be exact.  It lists the products with a rating and then when you click on the product it gives you ingredient information and what each ingredient could possibly cause.  If you scroll down further it even tells you results of tests. 

I don't think its alarmist as long as you take it with a grain of salt.  For example, a lot of the ingredients that are considered carcinogenic are only carcinogenic in high doses which are obviously not going to be found in cosmetics.

jmm
Theist
jmm's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:I'm

MattShizzle wrote:

This website was probably created by a bunch of asshat theists. 

Vessel
Vessel's picture
User is offlineOffline
jmm wrote:MattShizzle

jmm wrote:

MattShizzle wrote:

Well, now you've gone and dripped sarcasm all over my nice clean floor.

“Philosophers have argued for centuries about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, but materialists have always known it depends on whether they are jitterbugging or dancing cheek to cheek" -- Tom Robbins

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
jmm wrote:MattShizzle

jmm wrote:

MattShizzle wrote:

Um, what?