Would you like a badge? Awarding Superfan badges and Scientist badges! Also blogging accounts!

RationalRespons...
RationalResponseSquad's picture
User is offlineOffline
Would you like a badge? Awarding Superfan badges and Scientist badges! Also blogging accounts!

We've got a whole fleet of new badges for the site.  They'll be higher quality images soon.

We've got two badges that we're willing to give out to people who ask based on certain criteria.

SUPERFAN BADGE displayed below your name

Do you consider yourself a huge fan of the Rational Response Squad?  If you would like a superfan badge under your name please make a post in this thread requesting a badge.  If we are unfamiliar with you, you may want to link to your myspace or make a positive statement about us when you post your request.  The badge has a special little treat to accompany it and because it does the Core leadership of RRS will have the final say on whether you can have the badge.  Essentially if we suspect you're in the non-superfan group, and you're just trying to snag a badge we might not apply the badge.  If you're an atheist, and you've posted a few times here already, that's good enough to ask, it's worth a shot.  We'll likely approve many people that ask. 

The "superfan" badge was designed to help give some status to those that cant afford a membership, or don't have a membership but they want to make their support for the RRS apparent in their posts.  You can ask to have it removed if you change your mind later, and vice versa (we may change our mind later based on your actions)

If you have NO MORE THAN ONE BADGE UNDER YOUR NAME, YOU MAY ASK FOR A SUPERFAN BADGE IN A VERY BRIEF POST BELOW.  In order to keep page load times down we will not approve superfan badges on people who already have more than one badge.

SCIENCE FREAK BADGE

Are you well versed in science?  Maybe you have a degree?  Post exclusively in the science forum?  If you've shown yourself to be knowledgeable in scientific endeavors you may ask for a "Science Freak" badge in this thread.  Todangst, DeludedGod, LeftofLarry, Yellow#5, HambyDammit, and the rest of the core will ultimately decide if the badge gets approved.  The scientist badge has much tougher requirements than the "superfan" badge, so if you haven't shown your proficiency in the field of science on this site yet, please link to any work you have done elsewhere to help our mods decide if you meet their requirements.  If you carry a degree in a scientific field or work in the industry please say so.  This badge is designed to help distinguish those who really know their stuff, so that others can look towards you for advice or suggestions when in scientific debate here on the site. 

Please don't take offense if you aren't approved before others, our mods will continue to revert back to this thread to determine if the person warrants that badge yet.  If you already have a badge or two, please consider skipping requesting this badge to help keep our pages loading fast.

This badge was previously the "Scientist" badge but it was changed due to a few peoples request to make this badge more relevant to the users.

BLOGGER ACCOUNT

The blogs on our site are only available to subscribers however if you would like to blog on our site, and you are an atheist, you are also able to request the upgrade to become a blogger on our site, right here.   If you are a past blogger and haven't been able to blog since the blogs went to membership only, please ask for a blogger account.  If we are unfamilar with your work, and you host a blog elsewhere, you may link us to it, so we can learn more about your style.  Anybody who would like to be upgraded to a blogger account but can't afford a membership should post the request here in this thread, and somebody will review your posting history.

MODS PLEASE DELETE THE CONTENT OF ANY POST BY EDITING THE POST WITH ANY CHATTER OTHER THAN REQUESTS FOR BADGES AND BLOG ACCOUNTS IN THIS THREAD TO MAKE IT EASY FOR OUR CORE.  NO SIDE CHATTER PERMITTED IN THIS THREAD AS WE EXPECT MANY REQUESTS AND WANT TO MAKE IT EASY TO SCROLL THROUGH THEM ALL.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Billy Bob Jenkins
Theist
Billy Bob Jenkins's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick wrote:Billy Bob

Jeffrick wrote:

Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:

May I have a Theist badge, please? I wish to make it known that I am a believer in Jesus Christ the Almighty.

Billy Bob should have a "special"   Landover Baptist   badge.  Just so we all know how special he is.

POST # 1313.  Now that has got to be special!!!!!!

Yes, that would be even better. That way you will know I not only am a Christian, but I am a True Christian.

But if that is too much trouble, a Theist badge will suffice.

The Truest Christian these atheists will ever meet. I worship the only Lord at the Church with the Truest Christians: Landover Baptist.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Yup, it's too much trouble.

Yup, it's too much trouble.  A theist badge you have.  

jimmy.williamson
Superfan
jimmy.williamson's picture
User is offlineOffline
I would definitely like the

I would definitely like the superfan badge. After the support we received during the MOL banning I have definitely found a home. I love the debates here and I have already learned a great deal from the discussion.

Throughout human history as our species has faced the frighten terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are and where we are going; it has been the authority (the political, the religious, and the educational authorities) who have attempted to comfort us. By giving us order, rules, and regulation. Informing or forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question these authorities. THINK FOR YOURSELF…

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
 Speaking of support

Speaking of support Jimmy...

I'm activating your wifes account with the silver membership, I'm sure you're sharing with her so we might as well apply that to her account so she can browse with all the privs that come with the membership.  

Glad to have the two of you, I hope you know the feeling is mutual.  You're my extended family.

jimmy.williamson
Superfan
jimmy.williamson's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:  Speaking of

Sapient wrote:

Speaking of support Jimmy...

I'm activating your wifes account with the silver membership, I'm sure you're sharing with her so we might as well apply that to her account so she can browse with all the privs that come with the membership.  

Glad to have the two of you, I hope you know the feeling is mutual.  You're my extended family.

Thanks brian now I will never get her off the computer. LOL just kidding thanks

Throughout human history as our species has faced the frighten terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are and where we are going; it has been the authority (the political, the religious, and the educational authorities) who have attempted to comfort us. By giving us order, rules, and regulation. Informing or forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question these authorities. THINK FOR YOURSELF…

Tadgh
atheist
Tadgh's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm new here, and I am still

I'm new here, and I am still exploring the site. Perhaps if the offer is still valid later I might be interested in a superfan badge. Also, I don't have a MySpace page, having cancelled my membership to MySpace a few years ago. You can find me on facebook, but not under 'Tadgh.' Still, when the time comes, I imagine we can get through that.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Tadgh, I gave you the

Tadgh, I gave you the atheist badge.  That's all you need.

KEVIN WHITEMAN (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
BADGE

I HAVE BEEN IN LAW ENFORCEMENT FOR 21YRS AND I WOULD LOVE A BADGE BECAUSE I AM AN ATHEIST! AND PROUD OF IT.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
 Kevin, you need to sign up

Kevin, you need to sign up for an account before I can attach a badge.  You'll also need to post for a little while first.

Tadgh
atheist
Tadgh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:Tadgh, I gave

Sapient wrote:

Tadgh, I gave you the atheist badge.  That's all you need.

Thanks, Brian.

BeyondForlorn
Superfan
BeyondForlorn's picture
User is offlineOffline
I would like a "Superfan"

I would like a "Superfan" badge. The reason I deserve it is because I eat babies.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
BeyondForlorn wrote:I would

BeyondForlorn wrote:

I would like a "Superfan" badge. The reason I deserve it is because I eat babies.

In time young padwan.  We need to see you eat the babies first.  Consider me on notice though.  Welcome aboard.

BeyondForlorn
Superfan
BeyondForlorn's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:Welcome

Sapient wrote:

Welcome aboard.

Thanks. I think I'll enjoy it here.

Infidelis
Superfan
Infidelis's picture
User is offlineOffline
I would love to don a fresh

I would love to don a fresh Superfan badge. Maybe a few years down the road I'll qualify for a Science Freak, but as of yet I'm just a frequent visitor. I direct tons of friends from all backgrounds to this site, and I really am a Superfan.

jEngineer
jEngineer's picture
User is offlineOffline
I am doing science all the time!

SCIENCE-R BADGE PLZ

I've got my own two active research grants running as we speak.

Credentials here:

<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jennifer-aho/13/90b/283>

The website I originally built for my dept. a few years ago:

<http://www.bbe.umn.edu/>

more creds on demand. want my diploma? proof of employment? list of awards? I'll do it I'll do it!!!

I know I'm new but I really am excited about stumbling upon this place. I promise to defend rationality and science forever.

Or, at least until I die I mean. lolz

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
jEngineer wrote: SCIENCE-R

jEngineer wrote:

SCIENCE-R BADGE PLZ

I've got my own two active research grants running as we speak.

Credentials here:

<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jennifer-aho/13/90b/283>

The website I originally built for my dept. a few years ago:

<http://www.bbe.umn.edu/>

more creds on demand. want my diploma? proof of employment? list of awards? I'll do it I'll do it!!!

I know I'm new but I really am excited about stumbling upon this place. I promise to defend rationality and science forever.

Or, at least until I die I mean. lolz

This isn't being ignored, by the way, but the person who hands out badges has been busy lately.  Glad to have a science whiz around.  Are you sure you want your real name and credentials posted?  Just checking.

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

DoubleS
atheist
DoubleS's picture
User is offlineOffline
Shiny stuff

I too would like a shiny new badge. I know I've been rather lax at the baby barbecues but in my defense you'd notice my fridge was full of kitten leftovers and I lacked the space. Atheist superfreak would be nice but I'll settle for the Atheist part.

Pleeeeaaaaase.... Pretty please...

Cogito, ergo sum: I perceive, thus I do sums.

lalib
atheist
lalib's picture
User is offlineOffline
I guess if you all are

I guess if you all are handing out badges, then the atheist and science freak (almost done my degree in biology)  badges apply to me. Smiling

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
User is offlineOffline
Can I please have a Superfan

Can I please have a Superfan badge? It says all I have to is ask. You guys are great!

I discovered you by watching you on Nightline when a couple from the Rational Responders debated that f*ckin moron Kirk Cameron.  The Rational Respondes totally destroyed him so I came here joined the forum soon after!

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com

BardlishtheMagnifico
atheistScience Freak
BardlishtheMagnifico's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've only been here a few

I've only been here a few days now so it is probably a bit pretentious to ask for a badge but...

I would prefer the Science-freak badge but I have no credentials other than being a professional human being for most of my life.  Certainly an atheist and a solidly apostate Pentecostal from the bible belt, I don't cotton well to labels like "superfan", seeing as how I am infernally contrarian and not much of a joiner.  I did engage in a rather heated editorial debate on the teaching of evolution in the local school district (with a member of the Board of Education, no less!).

I ran across you folks watching the debate with Kirk and Ray on youtube.  I will admit the lovely lady who was debating for RRS (I forget her name) intrigued me far more than the debate itself, Kirk and Ray offering little more than the same, tired tripe as always.

I did think the RSS team did the same thing so many debaters do when confronted with the morality question and left so much on the table.  I may have to make a youtube vidoe on it (ok, I have already started shooting it...).

I guess you can badge me if you like or wait till I have proven myself a little better. 

My youtube channel is the same as my username here.  My blog that I haven't updated in a while is bardthecyotekicker.blogspot.com

Wisdom lies not in thinking outside the box. Wisdom is the realization that there is no box. Truth and reality extend as far as the eye can see and infinitely further.

IAmTheClaw
atheist
IAmTheClaw's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'd a like a badge that says

I'd a like a badge that says AN Junkie, but I'll settle for the plain "atheist" badge (I guess).

mrOriginal
atheist
mrOriginal's picture
User is offlineOffline
Badge me please if it not

Badge me please if it not too late.  I'm new, but here everyday, on for all hours of the night. 

Thanks,

mr. O

"Whoever feels predestined to see and not to believe will find all believers too noisy and pushy: he guards against them."

Friedrich Nietzsche

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
uh, eh?

Is there a badge for three years and counting; check my joined date.    Did you hear the one about the priest, the rabbi and the Imam who walk into a bar and the bartender says..."What is this, some kind of a joke?"

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

Is there a badge for three years and counting; check my joined date.    Did you hear the one about the priest, the rabbi and the Imam who walk into a bar and the bartender says..."What is this, some kind of a joke?"

Nope, just the standard stuff listed.

Sapient can technically make unique badges if he has the desire to.

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

Lyzandra Daria
atheist
Lyzandra Daria's picture
User is offlineOffline
Badge request

Could I get an atheist badge?  I don't believe I qualify for either the Super fan or Science badge.  However, I would like other forum members to know where I stand on the subject of belief in an invisible superfriend.  

"Faith must have adequate evidence else it is mere superstition"...Alexander Hodge (1823-1886)

"A myth is a religion in which no one any longer believes"...James Feibleman (1904-1987)

Respectfully, Lyz

Skepticus
atheist
Skepticus's picture
User is offlineOffline
YES, PLEASE!

Hey, guys!

I'd like to get the badge. I don't post that much but think that RSS is the best atheist forum site!!

I'm sure god will agree!

Skepticus
atheist
Skepticus's picture
User is offlineOffline
YES, PLEASE!

Hey, guys!

I'd like to get the superfan badge. I don't post that much but think that RSS is the best atheist forum site!!

I'm sure god will agree!

Lyzandra Daria
atheist
Lyzandra Daria's picture
User is offlineOffline
Lyzandra Daria wrote: Could

Lyzandra Daria wrote:

Could I get an atheist badge?  I don't believe I qualify for either the Super fan or Science badge.  However, I would like other forum members to know where I stand on the subject of belief in an invisible superfriend.  

Thank you!!  I feel so much better now.

"Faith must have adequate evidence else it is mere superstition"...Alexander Hodge (1823-1886)

"A myth is a religion in which no one any longer believes"...James Feibleman (1904-1987)

Respectfully, Lyz

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Am I stating the obvious

Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:

Yes, that would be even better. That way you will know I not only am a Christian, but I am a True Christian.

But if that is too much trouble, a Theist badge will suffice.

Or does this comment from our former Landover guest BBJ, suggest the identity of recent arrival, True Christian??

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
I can has "Science Freak"

I can has "Science Freak" badge?

Please?  Can I has "Science Freak" badge?

I WANT MY SCIENCE FREAK BADGE, G-D DAMNIT!

"Obviously I'm convinced of the existence of G-d. I'm equally convinced that Atheists who've led good lives will be in Olam HaBa going "How the heck did I wind up in this place?!?" while Christians who've treated people like dirt will be in some other place asking the exact same question."

CaveTroll1066
CaveTroll1066's picture
User is offlineOffline
Pwetty pwease??

Big ugly troll him good likee badge pweas???

Heh heh in all seriosness though, I've been reading this site for a good few months now and have been iitching to jump into the fray for the athiest camp.

Well done to you guys for the stirling work. I will link to it on FB at some point providing I even remember what FB looks like at the mo.

Er and p'raps an athiest badge guv'nor yer lordships sir???????

Thanks again chaps

Yay though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the bi9ggest mother%$&@#%$ in the valley and I carry a big stick
- Me

BetterThanBuddha
User is offlineOffline
SUPERRRFANNNN

SUPERFANNNNN!

JeanChauvinSOCK...
TheistTroll
JeanChauvinSOCKPUPPET's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi

Hi, i'm new but i'll take the science freak badge if possible.

tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
User is offlineOffline
Gimme gimme

I just got my silver membership badge, but I'm a superfan too. Really I would just be happy if it said "atheist" under my name because that's what

newcomers look at. I know I did. I'm new here but I think my posts speak for themselves.

By the way- JOACHIM VADIAN IS JEAN CHAUVIN!!!!  mix up the letters. pretty close. I can tell by his writing and I think danatemporary agrees.

and I think he is a she. if not he's just feminine. She calls him a super-troll.

"...but truth is a point of view, and so it is changeable. And to rule by fettering the mind through fear of punishment in another world is just as base as to use force." -Hypatia

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
tonyjeffers wrote:By the

tonyjeffers wrote:

By the way- JOACHIM VADIAN IS JEAN CHAUVIN!!!!  mix up the letters. pretty close. I can tell by his writing and I think danatemporary agrees.

and I think he is a she. if not he's just feminine. She calls him a super-troll.

Good call Dana and Tony!  The IP address is the same.  Jean Chauvin can stay but he has to post on his original account.  

movin4ward
atheistScience Freak
movin4ward's picture
User is offlineOffline
request for science badge

Uneducated cult escapee turned atheist here...

Not into braggin n boastin but I'd like to share a selection of my scientific endeavors in the hopes of receiving a nifty science freak badge.

-Bred cichlids and other freshwater tropical fish in a 210 gal. aquarium for 8 years, made some dough and my fish were healthy and vivacious...

- Placed 2nd and 13th in a league sanctioned national championship pinewood derby race. Learned physics such as rotational inertia, brake torque, aerodynamics, lube boundary layers, physics of differing weight placement and much, much more.

-Tagged, released and recovered tagged Black Rockfish to learn more about their movement, growth rate and the effects of a charter fishing fleets effects of removing fish that live up to a ripe age of 50- yet don't breed til 7-10 years of age, having a much lower fecundity rate. Used coded wire, PIT(passive integrated transponder), acoustic pinger tags(receivers tethered to the ocean floor) and dabbled lightly in satellite tags.

- Able to enter the woods of the Pacific Northwest buck naked and procure drinkable water, create fire, obtain "clothing" and construct a suitable rain proof shelter. Gaining knowledge of medicinal herbs, barks, roots etc. to stave off illness and maintain vibrant health. Can trap just about any critter in my neck of the woods.

Recent (last 3 years) self taught sabbatical in the soft science of psychology with firsthand experience with some real christian nut jobs. Acts such as slain in the spirit, tongues and the like allowed me to gain knowledge on the psychology behind the madness.

RobbyPants
atheist
RobbyPants's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheist badge

I've been looking for a while and can't tell if this is the thread or not. Is this where I request an Atheist badge? If so, may I please have one? If not, where do I make that request? 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
There you go.

There you go. Smiling

I don't know for certain that you've been active enough for the administration to approve it, but I read through some of your posting history and am personally satisfied that you are an atheist.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

RobbyPants
atheist
RobbyPants's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:There you go.

Vastet wrote:
There you go. Smiling I don't know for certain that you've been active enough for the administration to approve it, but I read through some of your posting history and am personally satisfied that you are an atheist.
Thank you very much!