Would you like a badge? Awarding Superfan badges and Scientist badges! Also blogging accounts!

RationalRespons...
RationalResponseSquad's picture
User is offlineOffline
Would you like a badge? Awarding Superfan badges and Scientist badges! Also blogging accounts!

We've got a whole fleet of new badges for the site.  They'll be higher quality images soon.

We've got two badges that we're willing to give out to people who ask based on certain criteria.

SUPERFAN BADGE displayed below your name

Do you consider yourself a huge fan of the Rational Response Squad?  If you would like a superfan badge under your name please make a post in this thread requesting a badge.  If we are unfamiliar with you, you may want to link to your myspace or make a positive statement about us when you post your request.  The badge has a special little treat to accompany it and because it does the Core leadership of RRS will have the final say on whether you can have the badge.  Essentially if we suspect you're in the non-superfan group, and you're just trying to snag a badge we might not apply the badge.  If you're an atheist, and you've posted a few times here already, that's good enough to ask, it's worth a shot.  We'll likely approve many people that ask. 

The "superfan" badge was designed to help give some status to those that cant afford a membership, or don't have a membership but they want to make their support for the RRS apparent in their posts.  You can ask to have it removed if you change your mind later, and vice versa (we may change our mind later based on your actions)

If you have NO MORE THAN ONE BADGE UNDER YOUR NAME, YOU MAY ASK FOR A SUPERFAN BADGE IN A VERY BRIEF POST BELOW.  In order to keep page load times down we will not approve superfan badges on people who already have more than one badge.

SCIENCE FREAK BADGE

Are you well versed in science?  Maybe you have a degree?  Post exclusively in the science forum?  If you've shown yourself to be knowledgeable in scientific endeavors you may ask for a "Science Freak" badge in this thread.  Todangst, DeludedGod, LeftofLarry, Yellow#5, HambyDammit, and the rest of the core will ultimately decide if the badge gets approved.  The scientist badge has much tougher requirements than the "superfan" badge, so if you haven't shown your proficiency in the field of science on this site yet, please link to any work you have done elsewhere to help our mods decide if you meet their requirements.  If you carry a degree in a scientific field or work in the industry please say so.  This badge is designed to help distinguish those who really know their stuff, so that others can look towards you for advice or suggestions when in scientific debate here on the site. 

Please don't take offense if you aren't approved before others, our mods will continue to revert back to this thread to determine if the person warrants that badge yet.  If you already have a badge or two, please consider skipping requesting this badge to help keep our pages loading fast.

This badge was previously the "Scientist" badge but it was changed due to a few peoples request to make this badge more relevant to the users.

BLOGGER ACCOUNT

The blogs on our site are only available to subscribers however if you would like to blog on our site, and you are an atheist, you are also able to request the upgrade to become a blogger on our site, right here.   If you are a past blogger and haven't been able to blog since the blogs went to membership only, please ask for a blogger account.  If we are unfamilar with your work, and you host a blog elsewhere, you may link us to it, so we can learn more about your style.  Anybody who would like to be upgraded to a blogger account but can't afford a membership should post the request here in this thread, and somebody will review your posting history.

MODS PLEASE DELETE THE CONTENT OF ANY POST BY EDITING THE POST WITH ANY CHATTER OTHER THAN REQUESTS FOR BADGES AND BLOG ACCOUNTS IN THIS THREAD TO MAKE IT EASY FOR OUR CORE.  NO SIDE CHATTER PERMITTED IN THIS THREAD AS WE EXPECT MANY REQUESTS AND WANT TO MAKE IT EASY TO SCROLL THROUGH THEM ALL.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
i would dig havin' a badge

i would dig havin' a badge please.  considering i faithfully check the forums almost every night, i've been here for several months, and sometimes i stay up waaaay too late with work the next morning just because i can't tear myself away from a good discussion, i think i'm a superfan.

plus i'd love to be representin' for my few fellow ultra-leftists on this site.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'd like a superfan badge. I

I'd like a superfan badge. I think I deserve one because I'm God. Also, if I get a degree in Software Engineering is that good enough to get a science freak badge?

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
MySpace

jz1120
Superfan
jz1120's picture
User is offlineOffline
I would love to have a

I would love to have a superfan badge! I have seen a lot of the video that RSS has posted on YouTube and that is what led me to this site. You guys are awsome! It really is refreshing to hear people like you guys who say what they believe.

Nikolaj
Superfan
Nikolaj's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think I'm about ready for

I think I'm about ready for my inauguration into superfandom as well.

Been here for a little over a year, and have been posting regularly, and reading the forums every night.

It should be noted that I'm mainly a fan of the forums, since this is where I get most of my RRS from, but I suspect that will be enough.

Well I was born an original sinner
I was spawned from original sin
And if I had a dollar bill for all the things I've done
There'd be a mountain of money piled up to my chin

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
thanks for the badge,

thanks for the badge, guys.  merry xmas to me.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
I wouldn't mind having a

I wouldn't mind having a "High Level Nuisance" badge as befitting my user name.

Megatron
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
 May I have a superfan

May I have a superfan badge?  I love new, shiny things.  :D

Thanks!

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
I would like to nominate

I would like to nominate Dragonfire5287 for a Superfan badge.  He is president of the United Secular Alliance at VCU and sitting right next to me.  (I have a sword in my lap.)

MissTesla
Superfan
MissTesla's picture
User is offlineOffline
super fan

I would like to be a super fan, Please

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
But of course

Me too of course

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
I would like to receive the

I would like to receive the Superfan badge. I tend to buy some of RRS shows (it should be the first 60 of them by now) and I like the squad a lot. Also, the forum is full of highly intelligent and unique personalities, which even I can recognize. Yes, I'm probably a superfan.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

Awelton85
Superfan
Awelton85's picture
User is offlineOffline
I need a superfan badge

I need a superfan badge because I donated $1. This may not seem like a significant amount, but I only had $.66 in my account at the time. I donated around 220% of all the money I had (after overdraft fees). That's way better than tithing.

Plus I can't go an hour without visiting the site.

"So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence." - Bertrand Russell

Stewie: Yay and God said to Abraham, "you will kill your son, Issak", and Abraham said, I can't hear you, you'll have to speak into the microphone." "Oh I'm sorry, Is this better? Check, check, check... Jerry, pull the high end out, I'm still getting some hiss back here."

Ivon
atheist
Ivon's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'll take a "Ranger" badge

I'll take a "Ranger" badge please.

SSBBJunky
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Hey, Id like a superfan

Hey, Id like a superfan badge. I think I am one, I pretty much check this site every day and really enjoy reading all of the different views on certain topics. I've learned quite a bit since I joined. I'm 15, though as soon as I'm able to get a membership here I most certainly will.

If i dont get it because of my short time here and my low number of posts, I understand.

oh shi- this is my 13th post. that settles it. Im not getting the badge

''Black Holes result from God dividing the universe by zero.''

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
SSBBJunky wrote:Hey, Id like

SSBBJunky wrote:

Hey, Id like a superfan badge. I think I am one, I pretty much check this site every day and really enjoy reading all of the different views on certain topics. I've learned quite a bit since I joined. I'm 15, though as soon as I'm able to get a membership here I most certainly will.

If i dont get it because of my short time here and my low number of posts, I understand.

oh shi- this is my 13th post. that settles it. Im not getting the badge

No one gets a "Superfan badge" unless they have a doctor's note that they suffer from carple tunnel syndrome. Which reminds me, I need to schedual my next appointment.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

thatonedude
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
I'd like a superfan badge.

I'd like a superfan badge.

militantatheist
Superfan
militantatheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
superfan

I would love to have a Superfan badge, I've been sitting here, listening to nothing but the free shows for the past three days, and I've also been quiet on this site for quite too long. When I first found this site a few years ago, it was through the stickam site when the chat was full almost 24/7/52. I spent all my time on the internet, in that chat, conversing with my fellow atheists.

In the middle of the chat, Sapient mentioned something I said in the room, on air. I quoted this image http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_FcW3NekwLwA/SHLWxzrwpII/AAAAAAAAAC0/nGV6fCQ7aVk/s400/logic.jpg and he put me on air. It was one of my more proud moments in my life. So yes, I am a Superfan.

The Flying Spag...
Science Freak
The Flying Spaghetti Monster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi,I'd like a "science

Hi,

I'd like a "science freak" badge. Mechical Engineering major with minor in physics. I'm very new to the site but I love Science and would like to identify myself as more than just "n00b."

Subdi Visions
Bronze Member
Subdi Visions's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:While some

Sapient wrote:
While some will have degrees in the field of science many others may just be people who are slightly more well versed in science.

I'm slightly, well no actually much more well versed in science than almost everyone I know but I'd never be mistaken for an actual scientist. I routinely get lost in posts made by Deludedgod and Hambydammit.

Sapient wrote:
We may add more later and revisit this thread for ideas.

Any chance you could add the label Science Fan when you revisit for ideas? And I'd love a HARD Atheist label as well if that label idea ever finds enough favor to make it to creation. 

Thanks for considering these thoughts when you get to them.

Respectfully,
Lenny

"The righteous rise, With burning eyes, Of hatred and ill-will
Madmen fed on fear and lies, To beat and burn and kill"
Witch Hunt from the album Moving Pictures. Neal Pert, Rush

Bulldog
Superfan
Bulldog's picture
User is offlineOffline
I would love a superfan

I would love a superfan badge.  I know I haven't posted as much as some but I have visited this site more than any other and recommend it to everyone I meet who is even slightly questioning their belief.  My financial situation precludes monetary support at this point but I hope that will change soon (not intended as a bribe, just a statement of intent).

"Erecting the 'wall of separation between church and state,' therefore, is absolutely essential in a free society." Thomas Jefferson
www.myspace.com/kenhill5150

cervello_marcio
Superfan
cervello_marcio's picture
User is offlineOffline
 A superfan badge would be

A superfan badge would be cool.

I'm an atheist, I've been on this site a little over a month and I've already got over 100 posts under my belt. About 15 of those are cat-spam in a Paisley thread, but that can only help my cause right?

I love the site, I always have it open in at least one tab so that I can routinely check it and update, and I recommend it to all my friends.

"Do not, as some ungracious pastors do, show me the steep and thorny way to heaven. Whiles, like a puff'd and reckless libertine, himself the primrose path of dalliance treads. And recks not his own rede."

Otishpote
Superfan
Otishpote's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I was gold member before,

I was gold member before, but had stop when I was layed off.   I'll contribute again when I can, but for now I'd like a superfan badge.

Silly_Mommy
BloggerSuperfan
User is offlineOffline
Oooh, oooh....

Can I be a blogger.... oh please, oh please?!?!? (<---- Add any additional begging necessary that would make it possible. *smiley face and stuff*)

But you know, if that's being far too greedy, then I will gladly accept a SuperFan badge.

alchron
User is offlineOffline
Can I get a badge, or is the

Can I get a badge, or is the cutoff date in effect?

MrPal
Superfan
MrPal's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I would love a Superfan

I would love a Superfan badge!  And it would be great to be able to PM people other than mods.

I never thought there were corners in my mind until I was told to stand in one.

I have learned so much, thanks for keeping it real RRS.

fortitude
Science Freak
fortitude's picture
User is offlineOffline
science freak?

I guess it would be good to have a science freak badge, since I hold a Masters of Science in agriculture.  I don't have much to say on cosmology and am not likely to in the future.  Same with a few other topics that frequently come up around here.  But I do generally have a scientist outlook on a lot of things.

"There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must do it because Conscience tells him it is right." Martin Luther King

Unrepentant_Elitist
Science FreakGold Member
Unrepentant_Elitist's picture
User is offlineOffline
I would like to be

I would like to be considered for a science freak badge.

v4ultingbassist
Science Freak
v4ultingbassist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Could I get a science freak

Could I get a science freak badge?  I know I haven't been on here long, but one of the reasons I joined was to discuss physics and cosmology with those more versed in it, because I don't have time to take the classes.  I have also been addicted to this site since I joined it...

Pillowpants
atheist
Pillowpants's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I would like an atheist

I would like an atheist badge Eye-wink

Peppermint42
atheistSuperfan
Peppermint42's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'd like a badge, too.  I'm

I'd like a badge, too.  I'm pretty addicted to this site.  It's almost as good as cigarettes, except it's not portable.  Sad

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Are you well versed in

Quote:
Are you well versed in science?  Maybe you have a degree?  Post exclusively in the science forum?

Yes/no/no. Edit: Quantum Gravity is an especially tough subject for me, but that is true of almost anyone, including many scientists. Fractal Geometry, Advanced Chaos Theory, and Higg's Bosons are a tough cookie for me, but then, I assume that to be true of nearly everyone.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Blake
atheistScience Freak
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:Yes/no/no.

Kapkao wrote:

Yes/no/no. Edit: Quantum Gravity is an especially tough subject for me, but that is true of almost anyone, including many scientists. Fractal Geometry, Advanced Chaos Theory, and Higg's Bosons are a tough cookie for me, but then, I assume that to be true of nearly everyone.

I find gravity easier to visualize as time lensing for wavicles experiencing brownian motion, but that's still something I'm exploring; I need to do some simulations.  I don't at all buy the Higg's Boson- I'm not agnostic to it, but have moderate disbelief on the order of that I have for alien flying saucers making crop circles (that is, paint me profoundly skeptical).

I'm also very dubious of the reconciliation of the astronaut paradox being explained through an acceleration shift in reference frames.  I want more time to work on these ideas, but I tend to be distracted (such as by forums).

To the bestowers of badges:

Yes/Somewhat/No

Physics minor.  Almost chemistry/math/computer science minors (I couldn't make up my mind about which to study); my other minor ended up being English, because I liked my vocally Atheist English professor (he largely inspired me to be more active in voicing secular concerns).  Personal study of biochemistry and nutrition- I'm a big fan of Biobricks, and can't wait for lab access to work on them (in the hypothetical future).  Also, I'm schooled in geology, generally familiar with medicine (particularly veterinary, but human as well) from life experience, am up on astrophysics (how *not* miraculous Earth is), and evolutionary biology- of course.

kidvelvet
atheist
kidvelvet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I would like an atheist

I would like an atheist badge, please.

Thanks everyone!  Wonderful site!

rdklep8
atheistScience FreakSuperfan
rdklep8's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ok so I don't think I

Ok so I don't think I necessarily deserve a superfan badge yet, as I have only been here a couple months. I'll check back in a few months on that.

As for science, I just graduated with a biomedical science degree and a minor in biology. I started my graduate work this past semester, so in two and a half years I'll have a doctorate in physical therapy/kinesiology. I'm definitely not as knowledgeable as basically anyone here in all of the physics-related matter (Barely got by college level physics courses), but I think in regards to physiology, kinesiology, and especially human anatomy I have a very strong background.

I don't know how comprehensive my science background has to be in order to grab the science freak badge, but I figure I might as well throw my (one dimensional) hat into the ring. 

smartypants
Superfan
smartypants's picture
User is offlineOffline
MEMEMEMEMEMEMEME

Oh, I want a superfan badge!!! I want one real, reeeeeal bad!  Pretty please with sugar on top?

Does it come with special powers?

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Joined recently, but I may

Joined recently, but I may be fairly active. I would appreciate the Atheist badge.

Still checking out the site though, so much to read =)

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thankee !

Thankee !

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
smartypants wrote:Oh, I want

smartypants wrote:

Oh, I want a superfan badge!!! I want one real, reeeeeal bad!  Pretty please with sugar on top?

Does it come with special powers?

Yes it does, you now have the ability to fart an invisible Lamborghini out of your ass. But, the downside is that it is invisible so you'll have a hard time convincing people.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

GodlessGabriel
atheist
GodlessGabriel's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm not sure if you're still

I'm not sure if you're still giving them, but i would like to have an atheist badge. 

I really like the site and it would be nice for people to see the reason i joined the forum.

"I don't believe in afterlife, although I am bringing a change of underwear."

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
I want a HELLFIRE tag.

I want a HELLFIRE tag. Particularly a GOD of HELLFIRE tag...

But then, I think "I'll settle a for a superfan and a troll tag"

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Lucid
User is offlineOffline
blog

I blog beinglucid.blogspot.com

kayoubi
Superfan
kayoubi's picture
User is offlineOffline
I know I haven't done any

I know I haven't done any posting until recently, but I've been a regular reader and fan for quite some time. I use this place and your guys' posts a lot as reference material and citations for different things, and I would love a superfan badge.

Feel free to find my facebook, I'm pretty sure http://www.facebook.com/tuesdaytsmith will get you where you need to be. Feel free to friend me, also, but please note me that you're from RRS or something or you will be ignored.

'Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition. God wants you to go to war.'

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
User is offlineOffline
A "Green thumb philospher"

A "Green thumb philosopher" badge would be nice but superfan will do, both would be fantastic. 

AnarchyMell
Superfan
AnarchyMell's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey guys!  Can I get a

Hey guys!  Can I get a superfan badge?  Please!

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Please give mind over matter

Please give mind over matter a super troll badge.  He does nothing but insult people without putting forth any effort to understand what they have posted.  Thanks.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
cj wrote:Please give mind

cj wrote:

Please give mind over matter a super troll badge.  He does nothing but insult people without putting forth any effort to understand what they have posted.  Thanks.

yeah, for real, what is taking so long with that shit?  many people are constantly crying out for that.  if REVLyle, dingusdangus, and MattShithead could get smacked with one, mind over matter should be a no-brainer.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

liberatedatheist
atheistScience Freak
liberatedatheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Hey can i get a science

Hey can i get a science freak badge and whatever other badge may be necessary to get access to my messages. I received an email saying i have one and I'm curious as hell to see what it is

edit:My qualifications for Science badge are that I am pursuing a degree in physics and have taken a half dozen other science courses in college. I'm still and undergrad but will probably go on to do graduate level research in physics. I've taken several courses in Bio and Chem although my knowledge of those is definitely more general. 

I Am My God

The absence of evidence IS evidence of absence

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Please tag me a superfan badge

This is one fantastic website. I am tempted to donate and most likely will do so eventually, but hate signing up for stuff that goes on forever with my credit card and not sure what I extras I get if I do.

I do lose a lot of sleep cuz of this website and now I am started to find new things.     Good night. Oh wait the sun is shining...Good morning.

If you will please give me a superfan tag. I would wear it proudly.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

Billy Bob Jenkins
Theist
Billy Bob Jenkins's picture
User is offlineOffline
May I have a Theist badge,

May I have a Theist badge, please? I wish to make it known that I am a believer in Jesus Christ the Almighty.

The Truest Christian these atheists will ever meet. I worship the only Lord at the Church with the Truest Christians: Landover Baptist.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
SPECIAL!!!!

Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:

May I have a Theist badge, please? I wish to make it known that I am a believer in Jesus Christ the Almighty.

Billy Bob should have a "special"   Landover Baptist   badge.  Just so we all know how special he is.

POST # 1313.  Now that has got to be special!!!!!!

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?