Why freethinking anoynmous section fails [Trollville]

Dead Kangaroo
Dead Kangaroo's picture
User is offlineOffline
Why freethinking anoynmous section fails [Trollville]

Free thought is exactly what it says on the tin, not a discrimination of theist thought, I do get bored with theist nonsensical bullshit but it is their freethought and therefore this section should be renamed to "pro-atheist thought" or forever be spurious.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
We get tired of answering

We get tired of answering this, um... pardon me... dead horse of an argument.  No offense to deceased kangaroos.

You know how you go to the store, and you can pick up a bottle of alfredo sauce to put on your pasta?  It's not alfredo.  It's sort of like alfredo, but technically, it's got a lot of other shit in it that makes it more alfredo-like than alfredo.

This is our clubhouse, and we like having a little room where we can go and not be accosted by theists.  There are many synonyms for people who don't think like theists -- freethinker, skeptic, bright, non-theist, rationalist -- we liked how "Freethinker" sounded.

It's not a statement of philosophy.  It's the name of a forum.   Unbunch thy panties.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
  For the 90-billionth

For the 90-billionth time, freethinker is a synonym for atheist/agnostic. For fuck's sake, doesn't anyone read the older threads?

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Dead Kangaroo wrote:Free

Dead Kangaroo wrote:
Free thought is exactly what it says on the tin, not a discrimination of theist thought, I do get bored with theist nonsensical bullshit but it is their freethought and therefore this section should be renamed to "pro-atheist thought" or forever be spurious.

Theist "freethought"?  How does religious dogma qualify as freethought?

At work myself and my coworkers comprise a lot of "types" of atheists.  We have an ex-baptist atheist, an ex-catholic atheist, an ex-mormon atheist, and an ex-baha'i atheist.

We all became atheists by removing ourselves from the indoctrination and dogma we were fed from childhood.  And all reached the same conclusion.  We are products of our environment, there is no intelligent guiding force, and when we die, we are gone from existence.

Name a religious denomination made up of individuals that all came to the same conclusion from independent thinking and diverse upbringing in beliefs.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

Roisin Dubh
Roisin Dubh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quick! Call Cpt. Pineapple!

Quick! Call Cpt. Pineapple! We need the WAAAHmbulance right away!

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

Dead Kangaroo
Dead Kangaroo's picture
User is offlineOffline
Free thought is just that,

Free thought is just that, free thought, atheistic thought is distinct from free thought. Contemporary definitions I do not apply as they are ironic.

Dead Kangaroo
Dead Kangaroo's picture
User is offlineOffline
I like the way you have

I like the way you have conditioned my posts straight to the trolling section, it paints a nice "moral" picture of yourselves.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I think we need the "asshat"

I think we need the "asshat" avatar here.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dead Kangaroo, if you take

Dead Kangaroo, if you take a browse through the trollville section,  you'll find about two dozen copies of this thread, complete with chips on the original posters' shoulders.

Nothing personal, dude.  You just don't have anything original.  Would you like to argue about whether buffalo wings actually come from buffalos or chickens now?  It would probably be more productive than this.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism