Pure Trollery: Homosexuals actually prove God's existence [Trollville]

Lux
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Pure Trollery: Homosexuals actually prove God's existence [Trollville]

Bare with me. I was watching a show called 30 days, I guess the same fellow who wrote "Super-Size me" is the writer/director of this show. Anyway they had this straight guy live with a gay guy in the SF are for a month. After watching the show I had an epiphany. If natural selection is driven by survival of the fittest, that would have to mean that only healthy males that were capable of reproducing(and did) would survive. right? I've heard from many atheists say that homosexuality is natural and doesn't violate natural laws since animals have also been known to exhibit homosexual behavior. Now, if our only purpose in the world is to reproduce and promote our offspring, and we are merely "selfish genes" how can one validate Darwin's theory of evolution by natural selection with regards to homosexuality? This would have to mean that Evolution, to some degree, is wrong. To say I'm wrong in my assertion would mean that homosexuality is a genetic-mutation, or some illness or flaw. Now, this doens't really mean that this proves God is real, but it doesn't help Darwinists at all.  

"Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning..." -CS Lewis

DrTerwilliker
DrTerwilliker's picture
User is offlineOffline
Lux wrote: wow, Disorder in

Lux wrote:
wow, Disorder in the house....he he he he

Jesus fucking Christ, you're insufferable.

DrTerwilliker
DrTerwilliker's picture
User is offlineOffline

Lux wrote:

Jesus fucking Christ, you're insufferable.

JeremiahSmith
User is offlineOffline
Guys I have red hair, which

Guys I have red hair, which is genetic, and according to AngelEngine that's a birth defect or maybe even a disease! Sad

I didn't know there was even anything wrong with my hair but now I know it's a defect, is there a support group I can go so I can meet other survivors of red hair? Maybe even some sort of treatment or cure I can get for this debilitating genetic disease?

Götter sind für Arten, die sich selbst verraten -- in den Glauben flüchten um sich hinzurichten. Menschen brauchen Götter um sich zu verletzen, um sich zu vernichten -- das sind wir.

shikko
User is offlineOffline
JeremiahSmith wrote: Guys

JeremiahSmith wrote:

Guys I have red hair, which is genetic, and according to AngelEngine that's a birth defect or maybe even a disease! Sad

Yeah! And you know who else had red hair? Judas Escariot! You are so totally going to hell.

Quote:

I didn't know there was even anything wrong with my hair but now I know it's a defect, is there a support group I can go so I can meet other survivors of red hair? Maybe even some sort of treatment or cure I can get for this debilitating genetic disease?

No; red-hairness is a condition you'll just have to learn to live with, like wrong-handedness, non-tallness, tongue-rolling incapability, attached-earlobeness, non-mid-digital-hairness and widows'-peaklessness. It'll be an uphill battle, but with the proper headwear or bleach and dye, you should be able to lead a relatively normal life.

I mean, there's nothing WRONG with red-hairness; hell, some of my best friends have red hair. But when you get tired of being treated as a second class citizen, or denied health benefits, or ousted from your family, or killed because of your hair colour, just make up your mind to have brown hair, like most of us.

--
maybe if this sig is witty, someone will love me.

JeremiahSmith
User is offlineOffline
shikko wrote: Yeah! And you

shikko wrote:
Yeah! And you know who else had red hair? Judas Escariot! You are so totally going to hell.

shiiiiiiiiit

Quote:
No; red-hairness is a condition you'll just have to learn to live with, like wrong-handedness, non-tallness, tongue-rolling incapability, attached-earlobeness, non-mid-digital-hairness and widows'-peaklessness.

1. wrong-handedness - i'm good here, right-handed

2. non-tallness - six foot one, i'm good

3. tongue-rolling incapability - i can roll my tongue, three for three

4. attached-earlobeness - my earlobes are unattached the way god intended

5. non-mid-digital-hairness - nooooooo my middle knuckles are devoid of hair Sad

6. widows'-peaklessness - i am peakless this is horrible! i discovered that i have two new birth defects Sad

Quote:
It'll be an uphill battle, but with the proper headwear or bleach and dye, you should be able to lead a relatively normal life.

I mean, there's nothing WRONG with red-hairness; hell, some of my best friends have red hair. But when you get tired of being treated as a second class citizen, or denied health benefits, or ousted from your family, or killed because of your hair colour, just make up your mind to have brown hair, like most of us.

i can't dye all my hair, and my leg and arm hair is so light you can hardly see it

if i just dye my head hair people will still see through my ruse! oh god this is terrible Sad

Götter sind für Arten, die sich selbst verraten -- in den Glauben flüchten um sich hinzurichten. Menschen brauchen Götter um sich zu verletzen, um sich zu vernichten -- das sind wir.

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
AngelEngine

AngelEngine wrote:
Thomathy wrote:

I expect to read outrageous and even insulting things from theists, but to read something like this written by someone without a theist tag who sports a rational responders badge in his avatar is somehow worse. I'll thank you not to pollute the forums either, as the sort of stupid shit you've written above is on par with what you consider polluting the forum.

Nor from you. Ill post why below.

Quote:
Your decision to go to McDonalds for lunch is actually a choice; you could have gone somewhere else, or not eaten lunch at all. Homosexuality is not a choice. A person doesn't consider whether he/she would not rather like to have heterosexual sex or relationships or homosexual sex and relationships.

You are suggesting that Homosexuality is a birth defect, or worse, a disease. When you say Homosexuality is not a choice, you are saying that people are "born" with it, and therefore, MUST adhere to the path they are born with, much like a debilitating disease, in which a person must live with it, without the choice of NOT having the debilitating disease.

This is by far, worse. Why? Because youve just branded Homosexuals with the exact brand that they ABSOLUTELY hate to be branded with. Youve made the assumption that a choice does not exist, that they have no choice. They were born with it.

Of course, the many homosexuals who have turned Straight, is a contradiction to your claims.

Quote:
There is no choice with which a person is faced upon... upon what exactly? Birth? Sexual maturity? The first time he/she sees a boy and a girl? With whom he/she gets along best with?... the decision of which results in the individual either being homosexual or heterosexual.

Then what about Bisexuals? Were they born both homo and heterosexualy? Or perhaps they were born with it? Is this a pre-existing Condition? Is there a defect in their DNA structure? A disease? Virus?

Quote:
There is, though deludedgod (and others?) might disagree, no definitive answer as to why there are homosexuals, but it is most certainly something over which no person has control and over which no person should desire to have control, for there is nothing 'wrong' with a homosexual person.

I completely agree. There is nothing wrong with a homosexual person. However, saying that the "choice" of being a homosexual or not is akin to sexual intolerance, is completely over the bounds.

Quote:
What you've written is analogous to the sort of stuff Atheists on this forum refute and correct constantly: lies, misconceptions, misrepresentations and ignorance. You really should be ashamed of yourself because for you to sport that badge in your avatar in representation of the Rational Responders while you write what you have about another marginalized minority is shameful.

And what youve written is analogous to the sort of stuff Theists on this forum use constantly: Ad hominem attacks and misconceptions. Homosexuality may be a choice, it may not. We dont have the conclusive evidence to say either way. If you knew that modern science has not found out the reason for Homosexuality, then you would also know that the debate is open. Although i am not saying that Homosexuality is definately an issue of choice, I am saying that it is completely possible that choice plays an important role in whether someone becomes a homosexual.

Well, I was hoping to post in this thread without bringing my personal situation into it, but as we're all Atheists and that at least is a personal thing that is brought into all the discussions, perhaps it becomes relevant that I am gay.

I never suggested that homosexuality is a birth defect. I don't belive I'm defected nor do I believe that anyone else who so happens to be homosexual is defected. I never made any statements about bisexual, omnisexual, tanssexual or any other kind of sexuality. This was intentional. I believe numberous studies have found that sexual desire is rarely absolute, even in those that report to be only homosexual or only heterosexual.

What exactly would be the debilitating disease of homosexuality? I never alluded to this. I believe it's clear that homosexuality is genetic, a development in utero, or a combination of both. Sexuality in and of itself is often complicated by social factors. Stop spouting bullshit. Stop spouting insulting bullshit and don't dare suppose you know what homosexuals ABSOLUTELY hate to be branded with. You show me the numbers of homosexuals who have 'turned' straight, and then you tell me how I might do it, so that I don't have to live as a member of a minority hated by the greater percentage of the world's population, threatened with violence, made fun of, sneered at, or humiliated everyday. Perhaps all the Atheists who have turned theist contradict the claims of Atheists? Perhaps Atheists can be helped to see that the theist position really is the one true way?  What you've written is so stupid! Lastly, people don't 'become' homosexuals!

And don't claim ad hominem on me, I happen to know better than you what constitutes an ad hominem; my arguments were solid despite calling out the ignorant moron I responded to. And now I'm calling you out.

If you find my post hostile, it is. I'm pissed off with people assuming they know something about which I am intimately acquainted with for every day of my life. I'm open to conjecture about the causes of homosexuality, but I certainly won't have someone suggest that choice may play a role, much less an important one. There is no therapist who will help me to see that indeed women are sexually attractive and that I should want to have intimate sexual and emotional relationships with them.

Edit:
I also happen to be red-headed, left-handed and rather short among other minority traits.  Perhaps I'm just an extremely diseased person?  How unfortunate for this to be compounded by Atheism and Homosexuality.  Let us hope I'll live to a decent age with all the maladies I suffer.

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."

magilum
User is offlineOffline

Lux wrote:

If you think the goal is to present a homogeneous front for atheism, you're missing the whole point of rejecting dogma. Discussion is fruitful... it's better than sitting in a room with like-minded people nodding to each other about how neato god is.

Vesha
Vesha's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't have time to read

I don't have time to read all these responses ,but go get and read the book "Sperm Wars" by Robin Baker which explains the evolutionary mechanisms behind homosexuality.