Would You Torture Your Own Children?
If not, then why would you imagine that a 'god' would?
1) An omnipotent god would not have wrath. Limited humans, who have emotional reactions, have 'wrath' and a 'need for wrath" A god would have no needs, no emotional reactions. he would not need to have wrath for those "who persistently reject him". Why would an omnipotent being be so petty and small?
2) nor would he have any need to punish his own creation, for he is perfectly responsible for his own creation. Whatever is, must be, through his fiat alone. The idea of a god creating a situation he dislikes, over which he is perfectly responsible, is illogical and absurd.
3) no such being would have a need to mete out any sort of human justice, he would be beyond it. You and I have no need to mete out justice over the trespasses of ants.
4) His own creation cannot 'persistently reject' him infinitely, as an infinite time span would never end. This claim therefore is oxymornic.
5) all human beings, as finite creatures, would have the ability to be rehabilitated, and as this god is omnipotent, it would be possible for him to help humans achieve this. Ergo an omnipotent being punishing his own creation for being precisely as it must be is also illogical in that it presumes that an omnipotent creator cannot save his own creation from infinite torture in hell.
- Work in progress - pretty pictures coming soon
Those who know the good, do the good. - Socrates