What doesn't 'work' for me.
1. I don't like to fight a metaphor with a metaphor. Either you know what your describing or you don't. It's okay to theorize, but don't try to describe something using something else unless there are absolute commonalities. Worst example: Trying to define your 'god' using actual physical objects for an example. "god is the wind, ever changing but always there." Give me a break. By the way, some might consider that to be blasphemy since your god made the wind, right?
2. Human beings that derive pleasure from self-pity. I'll spend all of two try's to make someone feel better about themselves. If they persist in their self-deprecation then so be it. Perhaps they need to have someone tell them what is REALLY WRONG with them.
3. Delusions are also a problem. Just because you think that you're good doesn't make it so. Everyone needs a little help with this. lol.
4. Hindrance to scientific research. Science and its associated fields are the reason that I am writing this and you are reading it.
5. If there is something that strikes a 'moral' chord within you then look at it from the other side. If you don't stand to benefit then perhaps someone else will. If no one can benefit from it (such as religion), in your objective observation, then you have an obligation to say something. Otherwise, shut the fuck up. You're not helping humanity by holding to your morals, whatever they may be. Examine each situation for its ethical value instead of its moral turpitude.
6. People who are content with their positions in society are a liability to it. If you have no motivation to improve the quality of your existence then by all means please end it. This is not an authorization for suicide, but consider it my endorsement for ending your pitiful life. If you can't see a future no matter what then don't be around to hold it back. Five minutes from now you might find a reason to live so don't blow it by missing a chance to help yourself and the world.
7. Funerals and cemeteries are made to store dead bodies and allow the living to worship dead relatives. I am told that funerals are for the living to say 'Goodbye' to the dead. This is fundamentally stupid. They're dead. If you're religious then you say that the 'spirit' has left to go to 'heaven' or 'hell'. So what the fuck would the dead person care what you did with their body? They're either happy or tortured. If you don't believe in an afterlife then you also understand that once the tissue is dead then so is the person. $5,000 for a cheap funeral is absolutely obnoxious. That money would best be used for the living or the not born yet.
8. Traditional thinking. Holding onto ceremonies or rituals that have no practical purpose other than to remind people what happened. The preservation of places for remembrance need only be a plaque. Civil war re-enactments are supposed to remind people of the horrors of war and how awful that era must have been. However, they seem to have the opposite effect upon the unwashed masses of the south. Inevitably, there is some asshole that is convinced that 'The south will rise again.' Newsflash: You lost. Get a new schtick. Quit spending your money on 100 year old guns and buy some shoes for your kids, fuckwad. Yes, I know. The holocaust was awful. People died 61+ years ago. It's still time to bulldoze Auschwitz and build a factory or farm there or HEY even a laboratory to study the FUTURE.
9. Uninformed celebrity opinions that just seem to be around to promote the celebrity instead of the cause. Pick one. If you've made it this far into this blog without screaming 'Asshole!' then obviously you are objective enough to see the meaning.
10. PEOPLE THAT USE THEIR CHILDREN TO PROMOTE THEIR IDEOLOGY OR POLITICS. If I had a dime for everytime I witnessed this atrocious behavior then I would own a television station to speak against it. If your arguments don't hold enough merit on their own then using a child to promote your agenda with 'cuteness' shows it. If my children do something with me then it is their idea. I don't give them scripts. My son participated with me during the war on easter. If he could use the camera then it would have been me in those pictures. Now, every time I look at the pics, I feel like a jerk. Anyone that has USED their kids to promote should feel this way already unless it was the kid's idea.