Stupid people of Florida

digitalbeachbum's picture

Sigh. People are just plain dumb as fuck.

Hurricanes make people even dumber.

Stupid people just need to die off and leave the people with common sense to continue the survival of the human race.

If there is a god, please kill 18.1 million dumb Floridians and leave the rest of us alone.

 

EXC's picture

Prediction. There will be

Prediction. There will be very few actual victims, mostly people with too much pride and stupidity to leave. But the media will play up the victim angle to dupe the public. Billions in tax revenue will pour in for all the wanna-be millionairs that bought expensive beach houses they couldn't afford just to impress some chicks but they were too cheap to buy insurance. People like me will be called heartless for not wanting to bail them out.

Ain't forced charity grand?

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Brian37's picture

EXC wrote:Prediction. There

EXC wrote:

Prediction. There will be very few actual victims, mostly people with too much pride and stupidity to leave. But the media will play up the victim angle to dupe the public. Billions in tax revenue will pour in for all the wanna-be millionairs that bought expensive beach houses they couldn't afford just to impress some chicks but they were too cheap to buy insurance. People like me will be called heartless for not wanting to bail them out.

Ain't forced charity grand?

 

You are the jackass into greed, so if money is your issue, the problem isn't fatality, the issue is long term recovery, and the more climate change affects the planet the more conflict there is.

You think locally in a cosey part of the world, so far. 

What forced charity? Oh yea, corporate welfare, I agree. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37

Brian37's picture

digitalbeachbum wrote:Sigh.

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Sigh. People are just plain dumb as fuck.

Hurricanes make people even dumber.

Stupid people just need to die off and leave the people with common sense to continue the survival of the human race.

If there is a god, please kill 18.1 million dumb Floridians and leave the rest of us alone.

 

 

Name me one mile of the planet that does not have natural disasters?

I don't wish death on those in the path of Irma or Harvey or Katrina. I do wish that humans would stop ignoring climate change. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37

Brian37's picture

 The aspect of climate

 

The aspect of climate change that you fucking igonor EXE, isn't the death per individual storm involved, but the cost of damage increasing will lead to civil unrest, not just in America, but globally. That can lead to more conflict and that is the real cost to our species. 

If you care about money that much, then you should want to get off fossil fuels and create building codes that can withstand the storms better. Ignoring climate change long term is the real cost to our species. 

 

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37

digitalbeachbum's picture

 I'll send video when it

 I'll send video when it hits orlando.

EXC's picture

Brian37 wrote:What forced

Brian37 wrote:

What forced charity? Oh yea, corporate welfare, I agree. 

We may actually agree on something. All the money is going to end up in the pockets of wealthy corporations and land owners. But you don't get to decide where your charity dollars go. No. big governent elites will do our charity for us. All we have to do is push the D or R button.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

digitalbeachbum's picture

It's amazing how stupid

It's amazing how stupid people are when it comes to resources and conservation. It's like a fucking diease. Everyone seems to be infected.

I went to work and took 10 empty 5 gallon water jugs (I asked for them). I took them home and cleaned them.

I used my water filteration system and filled them with water from my tap.

I purchased 10 caps from Amazon for $3 to seal them. I paid $8 for a hand pump to put on the top (it's a fucking cool design).

So I have 50 gallons of water, for a total of $10, not counting the $1 per day I pay per month for the water/utilities from the city.

I also have water purification procedures so I can take rain water (I have a 50 gallon drum to catch rain water) and purify it for drinking.

I see these people going out and using bottled water when our society should be using other methods for getting drinking water.

It is amazing to see how fucking moronic people are when it comes to surviving. If we lost power around the world, if all transportation stopped, if all electronics stopped, 60% or more of the people around the world would die within a week. They wouldn't know how to survive. Very few people would know how to find food or water with out it being packaged in some form.

Vastet's picture

I think a week is

I think a week is underestimating human survival capabilities. Most people can go without food for a week no problem. Most people can drink most water easily found without suffering immediate threat of death, even in 3rd world countries.

Governments wouldn't give up, they'd put in significant efforts to forge a new workable system. And we are a highly adaptable species. The majority would eek out a living until things stabalised, it isn't all that difficult to sustain yourself on scraps for a few days.

Most of the deaths would be immediate. Traffic incidents, plane crashes, industrial explosions, and failure of life support would all occur within the first hour. After the early chaos settled down, crime would take over as a primary cause of fatalities, but that would last a day or two before militaries were mobilised and curfews implemented.

As stupid as so many are, it doesn't take many smart people to keep billions of stupid people alive.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

digitalbeachbum's picture

Vastet wrote:I think a week

Vastet wrote:
I think a week is underestimating human survival capabilities. Most people can go without food for a week no problem. Most people can drink most water easily found without suffering immediate threat of death, even in 3rd world countries. Governments wouldn't give up, they'd put in significant efforts to forge a new workable system. And we are a highly adaptable species. The majority would eek out a living until things stabalised, it isn't all that difficult to sustain yourself on scraps for a few days. Most of the deaths would be immediate. Traffic incidents, plane crashes, industrial explosions, and failure of life support would all occur within the first hour. After the early chaos settled down, crime would take over as a primary cause of fatalities, but that would last a day or two before militaries were mobilised and curfews implemented. As stupid as so many are, it doesn't take many smart people to keep billions of stupid people alive.

Under specific conditions that would work, but if there was no form of communication then none of that would happen. I was suggestion a total shut down of electricity which included all satellite.

Locally I would suspect that there would be crimes against the stores. People going in to businesses to steal. You'd have a lot of deaths from that; including people shooting each other for supplies

As for water, it is true that people would drink river and rain water, but they would suffer from their lack of knowledge and eventually die.

Vastet's picture

It wouldn't take very long

It wouldn't take very long to set up a communication network. It's relatively simple to build a bunch of radios, and much of the old landline phone network is still in place and protected from most potential disasters to some degree. It's highly likely that most or all 1st world governments and militaries already have a plan for such a scenario. Militaries definitely do. It would take concurrent, chronic, severe civil disruption as well as the collapse of technology to allow things to get so bad that people started starving to death. It would probably happen in already vulnerable areas, but not as a widespread phenomenon. Urban centres would be the least likely to see prolonged emergency status, while outlying and isolated locales would have the hardest (or easiest, depending on the degree of isolation and the location) time.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37's picture

EXC wrote:Brian37 wrote:What

EXC wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

What forced charity? Oh yea, corporate welfare, I agree. 

We may actually agree on something. All the money is going to end up in the pockets of wealthy corporations and land owners. But you don't get to decide where your charity dollars go. No. big governent elites will do our charity for us. All we have to do is push the D or R button.

Fuck off moron. You do not get to decide by yourself, nor does one party get to decide by itself, what OUR laws are. You either want a political free market of ideas, or you simply want to dictate. You either want politcal pluralism or you simply want to dictate. Taxes are not robbery fuckface. I am tired of the bullshit idea that billionaires will end up on cat food if their taxes go up. HIGH TAX RATES on the rich are what created the economic boom and middle class after WW2. Our tax rate between 45 and 1980 was far bigger on the uber rich and that is what gave us things like the G.I. Bill and built our national highway system. Regulations are what gave us work place safety and 40 hour work weeks. Our pay gap ratio between the top and bottom was far smaller.

 

You cannot keep exploding the pay gap and keep stability. 

 

You cant have it both ways. You are pointing to corprations then your solution is to allow them more free reign? No, we need regulations so that when CEOs and Wall Street makes bad bets and tank our economy, those people go to prison instead of mere fines. Billionaires DON'T need fuckign tax breaks. Livable wages and universal health care are not a call for a nanny state with no private sector.

 

You are a fucking moron. Government is representitive, so as the population grows, the government has to provide services to that growing population. Do you seriously want me to believe that our system could still work if we stuck to the original 13 Colony numbers? BULLSHIT.

 

It isn't a matter of more government or less government, but effective policy, and right now if you are going to bitch about the top I am telling you we have allowed them since Reagan to bully the 99%.

 

DEMS are not the fucking problem, the rich are and the GOP are. The mistake Dems made was giving up when Reagan successfully busted the air traffic control union. We have sucked as voters since at showing up for local/state/and midterms. As a result the GOP has had the bigger bulk of average power of the three branches since 1980.

 

Somalia is what "fuck you I got mine" looks like.

 

Taxes are not robbery, taxes are an investment. So the real argument should be on your part, policy that makes the best use of the money. But we have had Reagan's trickle down policies and that does not work. The two parties are NOT the same. Dems at best have been forced to play the GOP game, and our voter apathy does not help either. 

 

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37

EXC's picture

Brian37 wrote:.You do not

Brian37 wrote:
.You do not get to decide by yourself, nor does one party get to decide by itself, what OUR laws are..

Unless of course it is immigration law. Then you get to hire illegals, give them illegal benefits, shield them from deportation. Oh the hypocricy.

Brian37 wrote:

I am tired of the bullshit idea that billionaires will end up on cat food if their taxes go up. HIGH TAX RATES on the rich are what created the economic boom and middle class after WW2. Our tax rate between 45 and 1980 was far bigger on the uber rich and that is what gave us things like the G.I. Bill and built our national highway system. Regulations are what gave us work place safety and 40 hour work weeks. Our pay gap ratio between the top and bottom was far smaller.

You're making up a total stawman of my position. My position is that once you are rich, you don't really pay taxes. You can shield your wealth from tax man, pass on your taxes to your workers and consumers. The rich are just middlemen. The wealth gap has grown as taxation has increased, the correlation is undeniable. 

 

Brian37 wrote:

 

You cant have it both ways. You are pointing to corprations then your solution is to allow them more free reign? No, we need regulations so that when CEOs and Wall Street makes bad bets and tank our economy, those people go to prison instead of mere fines. Billionaires DON'T need fuckign tax breaks. Livable wages and universal health care are not a call for a nanny state with no private sector.

Wall street and big banks all get their money from the goverment. The fed just prints it and passes it out to them. So wall street and government are the same. Why do you think Wall Street is so affected by what the Fed and the government does? They are all the same. A group of elites that dupe idiots like you into being their slave via taxation and regulation. 

Brian37 wrote:

Somalia is what "fuck you I got mine" looks like.

How is Somalia in any way a voluntary society? The moment you show up you have a gang run by a war lord pointing a gun at your head demanding all your wealth if you want to live. That is your high tax society. The IRS without suits.

 

Brian37 wrote:

Taxes are not robbery, taxes are an investment. 

Then why doesn't life improve for the working man as his taxes go up? As taxes go up, the rich get richer, the working man has to work more hours.

Government spending always needs to increase because it doesn't fix problems, it only makes them worse. Look at education. If it really were an investment, the cost should go down over time as familes become richer and independent enough to pay for it themselves. Instead they always want more, cost always up. It is a scam.

 

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

EXC's picture

digitalbeachbum wrote:It's

digitalbeachbum wrote:

It's amazing how stupid people are when it comes to resources and conservation. It's like a fucking diease. Everyone seems to be infected.

I went to work and took 10 empty 5 gallon water jugs (I asked for them). I took them home and cleaned them.

I used my water filteration system and filled them with water from my tap.

I purchased 10 caps from Amazon for $3 to seal them. I paid $8 for a hand pump to put on the top (it's a fucking cool design).

So I have 50 gallons of water, for a total of $10, not counting the $1 per day I pay per month for the water/utilities from the city.

I also have water purification procedures so I can take rain water (I have a 50 gallon drum to catch rain water) and purify it for drinking.

I see these people going out and using bottled water when our society should be using other methods for getting drinking water.

It is amazing to see how fucking moronic people are when it comes to surviving. If we lost power around the world, if all transportation stopped, if all electronics stopped, 60% or more of the people around the world would die within a week. They wouldn't know how to survive. Very few people would know how to find food or water with out it being packaged in some form.

Isn't the problem the anti-gouging laws? SJW do-gooders fucking everyone over? The free market would solve the shortage problems.

They needed extra gasoling to evacuate Florida ahead of the hurricaine. The oil companies could have easily move massive amounts of gas into Florida, but it would be costly becauses you'd have to pay truckers and other workers a lot of overtime. But if they raised their prices, the SJW crusaders would demonize them. So everyone suffers because they don't ship gasoline to Florida at a loss.

Same with bottled water and generators. Pleanty of enterprising people could move these to Florida now. But they don't because it is illegal to sell them at higher prices than before the hurricane. So you all need to suffer and in some cases like the nursing homes die.

The real problem is not the hurricane but it is poverty, that vanity of people that buy fancy but flimsy homes near the beach or flood areas without insurance, and Social Justice crusaders. But they all got the taxpayer to bail them out, so all is well.

 

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

digitalbeachbum's picture

EXC wrote:digitalbeachbum

EXC wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

It's amazing how stupid people are when it comes to resources and conservation. It's like a fucking diease. Everyone seems to be infected.

I went to work and took 10 empty 5 gallon water jugs (I asked for them). I took them home and cleaned them.

I used my water filteration system and filled them with water from my tap.

I purchased 10 caps from Amazon for $3 to seal them. I paid $8 for a hand pump to put on the top (it's a fucking cool design).

So I have 50 gallons of water, for a total of $10, not counting the $1 per day I pay per month for the water/utilities from the city.

I also have water purification procedures so I can take rain water (I have a 50 gallon drum to catch rain water) and purify it for drinking.

I see these people going out and using bottled water when our society should be using other methods for getting drinking water.

It is amazing to see how fucking moronic people are when it comes to surviving. If we lost power around the world, if all transportation stopped, if all electronics stopped, 60% or more of the people around the world would die within a week. They wouldn't know how to survive. Very few people would know how to find food or water with out it being packaged in some form.

Isn't the problem the anti-gouging laws? SJW do-gooders fucking everyone over? The free market would solve the shortage problems.

They needed extra gasoling to evacuate Florida ahead of the hurricaine. The oil companies could have easily move massive amounts of gas into Florida, but it would be costly becauses you'd have to pay truckers and other workers a lot of overtime. But if they raised their prices, the SJW crusaders would demonize them. So everyone suffers because they don't ship gasoline to Florida at a loss.

Same with bottled water and generators. Pleanty of enterprising people could move these to Florida now. But they don't because it is illegal to sell them at higher prices than before the hurricane. So you all need to suffer and in some cases like the nursing homes die.

The real problem is not the hurricane but it is poverty, that vanity of people that buy fancy but flimsy homes near the beach or flood areas without insurance, and Social Justice crusaders. But they all got the taxpayer to bail them out, so all is well.

 

Your logic is flawed.

If it costs $2.69 per gallon of unleaded gasoline then the cost of the gasoline shouldn't change with the demand of a crisis. Sure, capitalism says "if theere is more demand raise the price" "if there is less demand, lower your price"

However this why price gouging is illegal during a crisis.

 

I agree with the assessment of building on a shoreline or near water. One of my biggest complaints is that people who build on the water should have to deal with the damages personally and be required to not get any assistance from taxpayers or the government.

EXC's picture

digitalbeachbum wrote:Your

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Your logic is flawed.

If it costs $2.69 per gallon of unleaded gasoline then the cost of the gasoline shouldn't change with the demand of a crisis. Sure, capitalism says "if theere is more demand raise the price" "if there is less demand, lower your price"

However this why price gouging is illegal during a crisis.

 

I agree with the assessment of building on a shoreline or near water. One of my biggest complaints is that people who build on the water should have to deal with the damages personally and be required to not get any assistance from taxpayers or the government.

It should change greatly with a sudden spike in demand. There was not enough gasoline in Florida to meet evacuation demands. There was pleanty in other states. If youi want to move gas from Oklahoma to Florida overnight, you have to pay refinery workers and truck drivers overtime. Big Oil is not a charity, so they didn't move enough gasoline to meet demand. Also, people bought way more gas than they needed when they could find it because the price was forced to be under $3. If gas was $6, people wouldn't hoard it. Libtards can not understand basic economics, so you have people that needed to evacuate but could not find gas thanks to the gouging laws. Some compassion.

Same thing with bottled water, when people could find it, they hoarded it because retailers could not raise their price or bring in emergency shipments at sell at a higher cost. Now is the same libtard insanity with generators. Let the free market fix the problems.

The show these houses with fancy kitchens and stuff inside. But the outside was just flimisy crap. I don't understand why I have to bail out these idiots. It just encourages more idiocy.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Vastet's picture

You're so dumb it boggles

You're so dumb it boggles the mind. There wasn't enough gas because there wasn't enough time. Taking away anti-gouging laws wouldn't have magically increased the supply. It merely would have meant less people could get out. Allowing only rich people water and gas is the height of irresponsible stupidity.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

EXC's picture

They had over a week of

They had over a week of warning about the Hurricane hitting Florida. They've had years to prepare for this, they should know there was going to be a shortage. The oil companies had no incentive to do emergency shipments. There is no incentive for private gasoline storage since it can't be sold at a higher cost than normal. Same with airlines, they had no incentive for emergency flights since they would be accused of price gouging if they operated emergency flights at cost. You know nothing about business, just a believer in the supposed magic wand of government.  Government you love so much could have planned for this and stored gasoline or paid oil companies extra to move more gas. But they use tax dollars to pay offcronies, not plan for your safety. So you're on your own in an emergency situation. Except they make it a crime for someone to sell you gas to get away. So they are worse than worthless.  The government built flood control failed. They let people build in a flood plane. They let in massive numbers of immigrants with no safe place for them to live.So people are standing in 4 feet of water, can't get 911 to answer. They have to rely on social media to ask for help. Volunteers have to rescue them. And we needgovernment for what? Collect tax money for corporate welfare and pay off to donors? 

 

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Vastet's picture

A week wasn't even enough

A week wasn't even enough time to tear down cranes. They certainly didn't have years to prepare. Clearly you have absolutely no clue what an evacuation is like. Fucking retard.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

digitalbeachbum's picture

EXC wrote:They had over a

EXC wrote:

They had over a week of warning about the Hurricane hitting Florida. They've had years to prepare for this, they should know there was going to be a shortage. The oil companies had no incentive to do emergency shipments. There is no incentive for private gasoline storage since it can't be sold at a higher cost than normal. Same with airlines, they had no incentive for emergency flights since they would be accused of price gouging if they operated emergency flights at cost. You know nothing about business, just a believer in the supposed magic wand of government.  Government you love so much could have planned for this and stored gasoline or paid oil companies extra to move more gas. But they use tax dollars to pay offcronies, not plan for your safety. So you're on your own in an emergency situation. Except they make it a crime for someone to sell you gas to get away. So they are worse than worthless.  The government built flood control failed. They let people build in a flood plane. They let in massive numbers of immigrants with no safe place for them to live.So people are standing in 4 feet of water, can't get 911 to answer. They have to rely on social media to ask for help. Volunteers have to rescue them. And we needgovernment for what? Collect tax money for corporate welfare and pay off to donors? 

 

Your estimates are all off.

Yes, they let people build on flood plains They do that because people are stupid. Stupid people will buy houses in flood proned areas.

 

EXC's picture

Vastet wrote:A week wasn't

Vastet wrote:
A week wasn't even enough time to tear down cranes. They certainly didn't have years to prepare. Clearly you have absolutely no clue what an evacuation is like. Fucking retard.

Libtards have been telling us for years the hurricanes are going to be so horrible because I don't drive a golf cart and I eat meat. Government you have so much faith in couldn't plan years ago that there would be a spike in demand for gas and store it for use in emergencies? All they can do is make it illegal for oil companies and airlines to cover their extra costs to do emergency shipments and flights. Some help.

 

Of couse, anyone that dare attack your absolute unshakeable faith in the church of big government must be destroyed. I am an infidel beyond redemption.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

EXC's picture

digitalbeachbum wrote:Your

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Your estimates are all off.

Yes, they let people build on flood plains They do that because people are stupid. Stupid people will buy houses in flood proned areas.

 

Why is it stupid? They needed a cheap place to live and the government will be their insurance company in case of flood. Government is always there to reward irresponsible behavior until it can't tax or print money anymore. Just throw all problems on the backs of the working man.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Vastet's picture

EXC wrote:Libtards have been

EXC wrote:
Libtards have been telling us for years the hurricanes are going to be so horrible because I don't drive a golf cart and I eat meat.

Lies. Scientists from all political persuasions have warned for years that hurricanes will get stronger, but retards like you don't believe them and do nothing. Retards like you outnumber scientists. And you're really stupid enough to wonder why there was no preparation. Rofl. You have to be the dumbest animal that ever lived.

Scientists: "Hurricanes are getting stronger, we need to prepare"
EXC: "You're lying, I won't let you spend my tax dollars on your bs"
*Big hurricanes hit*
EXC: "Why didn't you prepare?"
Everyone: "Because you're a retard and wouldn't let us prepare. Asshole".

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

digitalbeachbum's picture

EXC wrote:digitalbeachbum

EXC wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Your estimates are all off.

Yes, they let people build on flood plains They do that because people are stupid. Stupid people will buy houses in flood proned areas.

 

Why is it stupid? They needed a cheap place to live and the government will be their insurance company in case of flood. Government is always there to reward irresponsible behavior until it can't tax or print money anymore. Just throw all problems on the backs of the working man.

Hmmmm... well it is now obvious to me you don't research before you speak. There are million dollar homes in flood proned areas, on beaches and on river banks. Please think before you post.

EXC's picture

Vastet wrote:EXC

Vastet wrote:
EXC wrote:
Libtards have been telling us for years the hurricanes are going to be so horrible because I don't drive a golf cart and I eat meat.
Lies. Scientists from all political persuasions have warned for years that hurricanes will get stronger, but retards like you don't believe them and do nothing. Retards like you outnumber scientists. And you're really stupid enough to wonder why there was no preparation. Rofl. You have to be the dumbest animal that ever lived. Scientists: "Hurricanes are getting stronger, we need to prepare" EXC: "You're lying, I won't let you spend my tax dollars on your bs" *Big hurricanes hit* EXC: "Why didn't you prepare?" Everyone: "Because you're a retard and wouldn't let us prepare. Asshole".

WTF are you talking about? I'm the one advocating for massive spending on Climate Engineering in case there is a climate crisis, natural or man made. Also mandatory birth control would be government intervention. You invented a strawman.

Your problem is the the elites have totally duped you into being their slave. Their solution to any potential climate crisis is to tax the shit out of the little people and force them into a livestyle where they consume very little. A slave life. The taxes they want all go to corporations they've set up.

Whereas I propose a real solution like climate engineering and population reductions.

Did I put a gun to anyone's head and tell them not to prepare? What I'm saying is government is a scam. They put a gun to your head and tell you it's for your own good. Then when there is a hurricane you find out they didn't prepare. So who needs them?

THERE WAS NO PREPARATION BECAUSE TAXATION IS A TOTAL SCAM. They took the money for this, but obviously did not spend on have a gas supply ready for evactuation. Yet, you use this as an excuse for more govenrment. Just like theist use the hurricane for more faith.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

EXC's picture

digitalbeachbum wrote:EXC

digitalbeachbum wrote:

EXC wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Your estimates are all off.

Yes, they let people build on flood plains They do that because people are stupid. Stupid people will buy houses in flood proned areas.

 

Why is it stupid? They needed a cheap place to live and the government will be their insurance company in case of flood. Government is always there to reward irresponsible behavior until it can't tax or print money anymore. Just throw all problems on the backs of the working man.

Hmmmm... well it is now obvious to me you don't research before you speak. There are million dollar homes in flood proned areas, on beaches and on river banks. Please think before you post.

Did I say there was not? I'm asking why is it stupid to buy a house in a flood plain if the government bails you out of your stupidity? The stupid ones are the ones that think taxation is not a scam.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Vastet's picture

EXC wrote:WTF are you

EXC wrote:
WTF are you talking about?

Reality.

EXC wrote:
I'm the one advocating for massive spending on Climate Engineering in case there is a climate crisis, natural or man made.

No you aren't, you're doing literally the opposite.

EXC wrote:
Also mandatory birth control would be government intervention.

Stupid, useless, ineffective.

EXC wrote:
You invented a strawman.

Lies.

EXC wrote:
Your problem is the the elites have totally duped you into being their slave.

Projection.

EXC wrote:
Their solution to any potential climate crisis is to tax the shit out of the little people and force them into a livestyle where they consume very little.

Lies.

EXC wrote:
A slave life. The taxes they want all go to corporations they've set up.

Lies.

EXC wrote:
Whereas I propose a real solution like climate engineering and population reductions.

Lies. You propose burying your head in the sand hoping some charitable rich people will magically fix everything on their own. You have no solution, except to overpopulation which isn't even a problem. When your solutions are for fictional problems then they are fictional solutions.

EXC wrote:
Did I put a gun to anyone's head and tell them not to prepare?

You would if the government weren't pointing a gun at your head forcing you to behave.

EXC wrote:
What I'm saying is government is a scam.

Except it isn't.

EXC wrote:
They put a gun to your head and tell you it's for your own good.

Only if you're breaking the law do they point the gun at your head. And it isn't for your good, it's for everyone elses. You really have no clue how any segment of society functions.

EXC wrote:
Then when there is a hurricane you find out they didn't prepare.

Because you and those like you prevented it with a campaign of lies. You should be locked up.

EXC wrote:
THERE WAS NO PREPARATION BECAUSE TAXATION IS A TOTAL SCAM.

There was actually a LOT of preparation despite assholes like you. All you can do is lie.

EXC wrote:
They took the money for this, but obviously did not spend on have a gas supply ready for evactuation.

Noone in the world has a gas supply sufficient for a complete evacuation retard. Gas doesn't stockpile, it separates and becomes useless. Not to mention the danger in keeping stockpiles of highly explosive substances everywhere. You're so ignorant it's like talking to a 3 year old. Except the 3 year old is smart enough to pay attention and learn.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

digitalbeachbum's picture

EXC wrote:digitalbeachbum

EXC wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

EXC wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Your estimates are all off.

Yes, they let people build on flood plains They do that because people are stupid. Stupid people will buy houses in flood proned areas.

Why is it stupid? They needed a cheap place to live and the government will be their insurance company in case of flood. Government is always there to reward irresponsible behavior until it can't tax or print money anymore. Just throw all problems on the backs of the working man.

Hmmmm... well it is now obvious to me you don't research before you speak. There are million dollar homes in flood proned areas, on beaches and on river banks. Please think before you post.

Did I say there was not? I'm asking why is it stupid to buy a house in a flood plain if the government bails you out of your stupidity? The stupid ones are the ones that think taxation is not a scam.

My point was that there are people who aren't stupid and know that buying a house in a flood zone will be rewarded because they are wealthy. Wealthy people know the gimmick

EXC's picture

 Of course they can build

I'm talking about bring in gas from other states, they could have made arrangements for that in advance. They don't because tax dollars are for the benefit of politicians and their cronies. So now, people will dangeerously store gas because they know they can't count on government to do anything except make it illegal for the oil companies to recoup the costs of emergency shipments from out of state. They are worse than worthless.

The lovers of big goverment are the ones stopping people from preparing for evacualtion. They steal from the working man so he doesn't have any extra money to prepare.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Vastet wrote:Gas doesn't

Vastet wrote:
Gas doesn't stockpile, it separates and becomes useless.

After a quick internet search I found something different.  Gas can be stored.  

 

digitalbeachbum's picture

RatDog wrote: Vastet

RatDog wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Gas doesn't stockpile, it separates and becomes useless.

After a quick internet search I found something different.  Gas can be stored.  

 

Gasoline can be maintained over a longer period of time with chemical additives and a stirring device.

Vastet's picture

RatDog wrote:Vastet

RatDog wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Gas doesn't stockpile, it separates and becomes useless.

After a quick internet search I found something different.  Gas can be stored.  

 

Keep searching, because the laws of physics say you're wrong. I suggest starting with entopy.
You can store gas for awhile, but it's going to go bad sooner or later. When was Florida last evacuated? 18 years ago? So you and EXC are proposing creating massive stockpiles of gas all over the place in the event evacuations are needed every 20+ years or so.So you'll drive up prices by 4 or 5 times for a year or two as municipalities and governments buy it all up to create this stockpile, then increase taxes significantly to pay for maintenance, without which the gas won't last 2 months.

Gee I'm glad you don't run the government. I thought presidents were idiots. Financially and security wise the suggestion is so dumb as to be nearly criminal.

EXC wrote:
I'm talking about bring in gas from other states, they could have made arrangements for that in advance.

Why would any state agree to such? If a state has any potential for its own evacuation, it will say tough luck. If it doesn't, it won't need and therefore won't have stockpiles. So no, it couldn't have been worked out in advance because it's unworkable.

EXC wrote:
They don't because tax dollars are for the benefit of politicians and their cronies. So now, people will dangeerously store gas because they know they can't count on government to do anything except make it illegal for the oil companies to recoup the costs of emergency shipments from out of state. They are worse than worthless. The lovers of big goverment are the ones stopping people from preparing for evacualtion. They steal from the working man so he doesn't have any extra money to prepare.

Lies.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.