Might be gone awhile...

Vastet's picture

Where to begin.. should I even begin? I'm generally not big on sharing my problems, but I think I might as well get it out.
I've never been so anxious and unsure of the future. I'll cut most of the shit out, but to make a long story short, all my roommates are or have moved out. I've always struggled to even pay 1/3 of the rent, and now it's all on me. And if that wasn't enough, my power gets cut at the end of the month unless I can somehow come up with the money. Everyone who left, left owing me money. Some more than others. But if I were to randomly total it all in my head quickly, it's hovering near 2-3k in total. I suppose it's better than me owing people money, but only in a moral sense.
On the 13th I have to go to the rental housing tribunal to see if I can argue my way into keeping a place to live. I have a hell of an argument, but if things go badly I'm pretty fucked. Even if they go well I still have to worry about power, which I only have in my hands half of the necessary funds to pay.
cont...

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Vastet's picture

The last two roommates to

The last two roommates to leave have promised to pay their share, but as they go today I'm not really sure I'll ever see them again, let alone get the money they owe. If they come through and I win at the tribunal then I'm laughing. REALLY hard. Like a years free rent kinda hard. But the counter swing leaves me homeless, so I have no happy anticipation, just anxiety. Evidence and witnesses must be collected, and I don't know how to contact the witnesses. The evidence requires the help of friends in loaning me a camera or something for which I can take to the tribunal, because this place is really a shithole, and it's because there's been no maintenance in a good ten years.
If all this wasn't enough, someone stole all my PS2 games and movies. Fucking idiot, because my books would have been worth 10x as much. So I know who it was. But I know how things work, and trying to bust him/them for it won't be successful.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Vastet's picture

So until the 13th I get to

So until the 13th I get to live in pure anxiety mode. I've been here since I was told they were moving 2 days ago. At least with them here I had other ways I could go, but now I do not.
The worst part is I'm not even sure the tribunal will listen to my argument, because I'm not the one who filed the application, the owner is. I would have had to travel about 114 km to file it myself, and I don't have a car. So obviously I can't do that.

I'm stuck in purgatory. I don't know whats going to happen, I just am expecting everything to go wrong. There's a little hope inside me, but it won't flourish until I know what's happening.

If the worst happens, my parents have said that I can stay with them for a week or two, but they really don't have the room to put me up. And it's too crowded to stay indefinately. A friends father has offered the use of a storage facility for me to put some of my stuff in, but who knows how long he'll have the facility. And will it even fit my stuff? I don't know.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Vastet's picture

I don't know much of

I don't know much of anything right now.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Sage_Override's picture

Friend of mine from

Friend of mine from Colorado, well, not friend anymore since he turned into the most immature scum sucking cretin in less than a month after moving out here, was in a similar situation.  He had to leave his family because they all sucked HARD.  We're talking "biblical proportion" hard.  He lost his jobs (due to his own fuck-ups). had to sell off his PS3 to get enough money to pay some guy gas to tag along for a ride out to here, he was homeless for about a week, he had to contact long lost family just to get off the streets and just barely got some shitty job at Taco Bell to make ends meet.  He lives with one of his co-workers right now who's an alcoholic and her boyfriend that's some sort of meth dealer fresh out of prison.  Suffice it to say, he's doing much better than he was which was living with his uncle in a trailer park, but he's still facing some pretty harsh shit ahead especially given his track record.  

 

It blows that you're facing similar circumstances and I really hope you bounce back because you're a smart guy and I don't think you deserve to be in dire straights.  I might have a camera that you can have to document that rat hole if you really need one.  Not much, but I hate seeing people in these kind of situations.

"When the majority believes in what is false, the truth becomes a quest." - Me

Vastet's picture

I very much appreciate the

I very much appreciate the offer and the sentiment, but it almost certainly couldn't get here soon enough. Don't bother.
Thank you very much for the offer though.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37's picture

That sucks Vaset. If you

That sucks Vaset. If you lived here and my dog hadn't fucked up my house so much, I'd give you a place to stay for a couple weeks. But the job market down here is pretty shitty.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37

Vastet's picture

Ya it's pretty shitty

Ya it's pretty shitty everywhere. It's extremely embarrassing for me to say this, but I've been on social assistance since my last job ended. There was no incident, it was just a seasonal job. Until it ended I generally didn't have a hard time finding work, but I can't count the number of resumes I've put out, yet have no trouble counting the interviews: 0.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37's picture

Vastet wrote:Ya it's pretty

Vastet wrote:
Ya it's pretty shitty everywhere. It's extremely embarrassing for me to say this, but I've been on social assistance since my last job ended. There was no incident, it was just a seasonal job. Until it ended I generally didn't have a hard time finding work, but I can't count the number of resumes I've put out, yet have no trouble counting the interviews: 0.

No you should not be embarrassed. The corporate run globe should be embarrassed for making it so bad that you would need it. This is the shit the right and uber rich are great at selling. Everything is your fault, but cheap labor and outsourcing and tax breaks is ok. Then they accuse people like me falsely of hating wealth when all I hate is that they live in a bubble and do not see the extraction market they create. Unless the corporate world starts caring about conditions of the workers, more people will end up like you.

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37

Tapey's picture

Good luck. I recently had a

Good luck.

harleysportster's picture

Vastet wrote: It's extremely

Vastet wrote:
It's extremely embarrassing for me to say this, but I've been on social assistance since my last job ended. There was no incident, it was just a seasonal job. Until it ended I generally didn't have a hard time finding work, but I can't count the number of resumes I've put out, yet have no trouble counting the interviews: 0.

 

No need to be embarassed about that man. Hell, I had to get on food stamps for a while when the construction industry went to shit one year. Like you, I bet I filled out 1,000 applications and not a single one of the fuckers called me back.

Thing about it is, I remember as a younger man, when I could just walk into a place, fill out a piece of paper, talk a good talk to someone and get a job.

These days it is all online stuff. Shit, I am trying to get a better job and everytime that I fill out an application online I am thinking : "Well, that electronic application can join the BILLIONS of others that are on top of it and you can not even get someone on the fucking phone to find out about the status of it.".

Hell, my oldest niece had to fill out an online application, just to cashier at McDonald's for a part time job after school. What sort of shit is that ?

As far as your other situation goes, I can relate. There is a dude out there right now that still owes me about 3,000 bucks from several years ago. Asshole moved out of the house we were renting while I was at work one day. Thing that really got me, was that I later found out that he was going back to his parent's place, so he didn't even NEED some of the stuff that he took. He cleaned all of the food out of the refrigerator, took the laundry soap, and all of the bathroom stuff. To this day, when I hear about this type of thing, it pisses me off to no end because I know exactly what that feels like.

I think the thing that makes me the most angry when I think about it, was the fact that in order to justify his low down move, he had to go around and spread a bunch of nasty lies about me.

That is one sonofabitch that I can honestly say that I absolutely HATE and if we ever cross paths...well let's just leave it at that.

Good luck on your situation man. Stay strong and keep us posted.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Beyond Saving's picture

 Good luck with the

 Good luck with the tribunal. I have always found it odd that people so casually disregard the debts they owe to acquaintances, I've been burned by that a couple of times myself by people I thought were trustworthy. The uncertainty in the living situation sucks, hope it doesn't turn out as bad as you fear it might.  

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

digitalbeachbum's picture

Best of luck to you. I hope

Best of luck to you. I hope it all works out in your favor.

 

 

Vastet's picture

Thanks a lot guys.

Thanks a lot guys. It means a lot.

Editted because it was striking me as being sarcastic, but I don't currently have any sarcasm capacity.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Peggotty's picture

Sorry to hear about your

Sorry to hear about your situation.  My sister has been out of work since she resigned from her teaching job in December (after 20 years) being bullied out by a new Head and Deputy.  The job market is pretty bad at the moment and that’s how she came to accept a job in Qatar where they’re crying out for primary school teachers.
Hope you soon get things sorted!
 

Oh, but Peggotty, you haven't given Mr. Barkis his proper answer, you know.
Charles Dickens

Atheistextremist's picture

Hang in there Vast

 

I have a couple of empathies here - 18 months unemployment during "The Recession We Had to Have" that really sucked. And a pair of flatmates who left owing me 8800 in back rent. Yeah, I know. 

Approaching this grief from a distance of years, stuff gets better. Tends to make you less of an instinctive people person (I've never shared a house again), but hell.

It's impossible to not worry but just try to keep very focused on advancing your cause with work and when it comes to your living place, be selfish. 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

digitalbeachbum's picture

What do you do for a living

What do you do for a living or what can you do? (aside from any hidden disabilities?)

 

Vastet's picture

Never really had a career.

Never really had a career. I've tried to do as many different jobs as I could. The better to learn new things. I've been a security officer, tax preparer, electronics salesman, labourer, cleaner, even did some time in fast food, babysitting (one client of whom had a mentally disabled child), and had a couple paper routes as a kid. I've also on occasion done the job of management, though never officially held the title.

Only medical disability is a mild case of hypoglycemia, which really just means I need to have a sugar source available at all times. Which has caused an incident or two over the years, surprisingly enough.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

harleysportster's picture

Vastet wrote: Only medical

Vastet wrote:
Only medical disability is a mild case of hypoglycemia, which really just means I need to have a sugar source available at all times. Which has caused an incident or two over the years, surprisingly enough.

That can be a lot more serious than some people may think.

I know someone that had that same issue (don't know to what degree). They were not diabetic, but without a sugar source, they were prone to feeling light-headed and even fainted on a couple of occasions.

 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Vastet's picture

Ya it can turn into

Ya it can turn into diabetes, but is the opposite of diabetes. People who are experiencing symptoms can sometimes be mistaken as being drunk too.
If you don't get a sugar source when experiencing symptoms you can go into a coma and die, so I don't take any unreasonable chances. Which has resulted in a few yelling matches with idiots who didn't want me to have food while I was working. Walked off one job even, when a meal break didn't come soon enough. They threatened to fire me, I told them I'd sue their asses and go to the local news and laugh watching them fall into bankruptcy, and I never heard another word about it. They must have conferred with their legal department.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Vastet's picture

Well I got the camera, got

Well I got the camera, got good pics. And I may have found the prime witness. Now all I have to do is wait until monday and hope the tribunal listens to my argument. I doubt they will, but I'm hoping they will.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Vastet's picture

Well the hearing has come

Well the hearing has come and gone. The result is something of a stalemate. The owner of the property sent the wife of the landlord, completely not expecting my argument. That seems like a good thing, but unfortunately I wasn't able to gather everything I needed to make a solid case, so I agreed to an adjournment until the next available hearing. Probably be on June 3.
I had to make a $600 payment today and will have to pay a further $320 on the 27th, and need $170 to file an application by the 21st. I've called the health inspector and am awaiting a response, hopefully today. I've made limited contact with a previous landlord who is apparently willing to argue on my behalf, but haven't made solid contact yet, so it's still in the air.
I do have pictures, and it was made abundantly clear to the wife that the condition of the apartment is unacceptable, and that I will certainly be entitled to a rent abatement at the very least, but those issues won't be heard until the 3rd at soonest.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Vastet's picture

I've had contact with my 2

I've had contact with my 2 most recent former roommates, and they still seem willing to pay me back, but time will still tell the tale on that story.
I'm pretty sure I've got the rent and filing fee covered. If they do pay me back I certainly do.
Power is still an issue however. I'm not sure what I'll be doing with that just yet. If they do pay me back in full in time it won't be a problem, but I doubt they actually could pay me back entirely before the end of the month even if they intend to. So we'll see how that goes.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Vastet's picture

Today started badly. Woke

Today started badly. Woke up. Grabbed the coffee I had waiting for me. Went to roll a smoke, and promptly dumped half my tub of tobacco on the carpet. Irrecoverable. Awesome.
10 minutes later it got a bit better. I found the paper from Aug 2005 showing repairs had been requested on many of the issues which are prevalent. That's going to make a difference.
Then I went to file my application. It was only $45, which was a pleasant surprise. I was expecting $170.
I've asked for one months rent abatement for every year of the 8 for which no maintenance has been performed during my tenancy. And a further $200 per month from Sept to now for the hot water heater leak which has doubled my hydro (power) bill. Which translates to about $9000.
Even if I win soundly I don't expect to get that much. If I'm rather lucky I'll probably get half that. Though if I'm really lucky and the idiot landowner makes enough of a fool of himself at the tribunal I could actually get more.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Vastet's picture

Of course there's always the

Of course there's always the chance I've asked for too much, and the tribunal will think I'm trying to scam the system, and the adjudicator will think my credibility is worthless. But considering the circumstances I don't think it is an unreasonable request. If I'd asked for what I think I deserve it'd have been $30,000. But that definitely wouldn't go down. Need to hit the actual court system for that kind of money. I'm going to ask around to see if there are any lawyers in the area who would be willing to help me take it to small claims courts pro bono. I'll hope for the best.
A small reserve of cash has appeared which will help immensely. I don't have to worry about the 27th payment anymore.
Power is a different story. I'll talk to them closer to the end of the month and see if I can arrange something. Also possible that social services will help me, but I really don't even want to ask them. I hate asking for help from anyone. We'll see how it goes.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Vastet's picture

My apologies to everyone who

My apologies to everyone who I was discussing any subject with recently. I've kinda pulled into myself a bit. Not feeling very sociable. I feel inclined to snap at people for little reason, so I'm just shutting connections down for now to prevent burning them entirely. I'm just not in the proper state of mind right now.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

EXC's picture

Now you know why I have the

Now you know why I have the political views that I have. I've seen way too many people like your former roommates that see others and the government just as a tool to support their irresponsible lifestyle.

It would be far better to force people to behave responsibly and train for a good paying career rather than later bail people out of their problems later.

“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.” Seneca

Vastet's picture

If you had your way I'd have

If you had your way I'd have been on the streets two weeks ago. No thanks.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

EXC's picture

Vastet wrote:If you had your

Vastet wrote:
If you had your way I'd have been on the streets two weeks ago. No thanks.

No you and your roomates would be in an intensive job training program, where you'd be forced to be responsible or else you'd be out on the streets.

A society that provides free entitlements is going to produce people like your former roomates that believe they are entitled to free rent.

“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.” Seneca

Vastet's picture

I don't need job training I

I don't need job training I need a job. My ex-roommates don't even need that.

You don't have a clue.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

EXC's picture

Vastet wrote:I don't need

Vastet wrote:
I don't need job training I need a job. My ex-roommates don't even need that. You don't have a clue.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/economy/economy-lab/canadas-labour-pain-13-million-jobless-but-not-enough-skills/article10595715/

http://www.thestar.com/business/2013/05/24/decoding_canadas_skills_crisis.html

Same story in USA. I don't understand why you are mad at me. Why not be mad at the failed education and job retaining services? Why aren't you mad about letting in new immigrants that take jobs and cause Islamification?

 

“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.” Seneca

Vastet's picture

I'm not mad at you, I have

I'm not mad at you, I have contempt for your lies and flawed strategies. This is the truth, instead of your fantasy:

http://www.vancouversun.com/business/industry/Canada+availability+plummets+average+unemployed+workers/8250294/story.html

Canada’s job availability plummets, as average of 6.5 unemployed workers vie for each opening

The fresh data weakens government and business arguments that Canada faces a serious skills and labour shortage

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Sorry to hear about your

Sorry to hear about your predicament, Vastet.  I've been in similar situations in the past.

I tend to sit out these types of discussions because I'm still ruminating on the various positions and ideas behind them.  But I think EXC is far more correct than incorrect.

This welfare mentality isn't helping anyone.  Ask the Greeks.

 

Anyway, Vastet, what's with the recent Canada being at war with science?  What's going on up there?  Are you following all of that stuff that your government has been doing recently?  Very disturbing.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

iwbiek's picture

Watcher wrote: This welfare

Watcher wrote:

 

This welfare mentality isn't helping anyone.  Ask the Greeks.

 

i don't think a social state equals a "welfare mentality."  pretty much all of europe is made up of social states, some more so than canada, and they're not fucking up like greece.  greece didn't go down because it was a social state.  it went down because it was monumentally stupid about it.  it's not the only one on the edge of ruin, but those are still a minority.

the canadians and the greeks are worlds apart in almost every respect, culturally, politically, historically, you name it.

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen

Whatever.   You say you

Whatever.   You say you don't need job training you need a job.

That's hilarious.   Here's a shovel.  Dig me a ditch.   We don't need untrained manual labor in the West.   We need specialized skills.  Get with the program.  I worked damn hard to get the knowledge that gives me a decent job.  You think it should be handed to you?

You can rail against reality all you want.   But seeing you butt your head against the wall, while entertaining at times, gets old.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

iwbiek's picture

Watcher wrote:Whatever.  

Watcher wrote:

Whatever.   You say you don't need job training you need a job.

That's hilarious.   Here's a shovel.  Dig me a ditch.   We don't need untrained manual labor in the West.   We need specialized skills.  Get with the program.  I worked damn hard to get the knowledge that gives me a decent job.  You think it should be handed to you?

You can rail against reality all you want.   But seeing you butt your head against the wall, while entertaining at times, gets old.

wow.  that was an about-face in attitude.  you go from "hey vastet, sorry about your problems but i think EXC might have a point" to "you're a delusional fuck-up and you deserve this" all before he even gets a chance to respond.

did you catch rabies this weekend?

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen

EXC's picture

Vastet wrote:I'm not mad at

Vastet wrote:
I'm not mad at you, I have contempt for your lies and flawed strategies. This is the truth, instead of your fantasy: http://www.vancouversun.com/business/industry/Canada+availability+plummets+average+unemployed+workers/8250294/story.html Canada’s job availability plummets, as average of 6.5 unemployed workers vie for each opening The fresh data weakens government and business arguments that Canada faces a serious skills and labour shortage

There are no jobs if you're not will to train for a new career, not willing to relocate, not willing to work in an undesirable field, not willing to work a lower wage than you want. The unemployment is a result of the pervasive attitude no personal responsibility and the government's unwillingness to force it upon them. So people can't find a doctor or nurse when they are sick while millions don't work at all.

If the problem is just too many people, why not support reduced immigration and mandatory birth control?

What you really want is to raise taxes so that responsible people pay for others irresponsible behaviors, right? That is you politics, only use deadly force to collect taxes so you can have what you want. And anyone that sees through this scam is a heartless, selfish sociopath. Please.

“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.” Seneca

EXC's picture

iwbiek wrote:wow.  that was

iwbiek wrote:

wow.  that was an about-face in attitude.  you go from "hey vastet, sorry about your problems but i think EXC might have a point" to "you're a delusional fuck-up and you deserve this" all before he even gets a chance to respond.

did you catch rabies this weekend?

Watch out there Vastet might accuse you of strawman. Oh wait, you're way far enough into the 'I deserve free stuff just for being born bullshit' so you're allowed to be irrational when the ends justify the means.

“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.” Seneca

iwbiek's picture

EXC wrote:iwbiek

EXC wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

wow.  that was an about-face in attitude.  you go from "hey vastet, sorry about your problems but i think EXC might have a point" to "you're a delusional fuck-up and you deserve this" all before he even gets a chance to respond.

did you catch rabies this weekend?

Watch out there Vastet might accuse you of strawman. Oh wait, you're way far enough into the 'I deserve free stuff just for being born bullshit' so you're allowed to be irrational when the ends justify the means.

why the fuck are you talking to me, cunt?  was i fucking talking to you? 

i wasn't talking to Vastet either, so in what way would i be strawmanning him?  in fact, in what way was i strawmanning anybody?  i was simply pointing out the odd emotional contrast between Watcher's first and second posts, even though Vastet had not responded (at least, not in the context of this thread).  particularly the fact that he began with "Whatever." implies he was responding to somebody.  it doesn't make sense if he was responding to me, however, since nothing he said matches anything i said or my circumstances in life (i'm not jobless and i own my own home...which i built with my own two hands on a state-subsidized loan, thank you, europe).

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen

EXC's picture

iwbiek wrote: why the fuck

iwbiek wrote:

 

why the fuck are you talking to me, cunt?  was i fucking talking to you? 

Sorry, I forgot the communist way to answer any criticism of their views. Too bad you can only use verbal and not violent intimidation over the Internet, huh.

“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.” Seneca

iwbiek's picture

EXC wrote: Sorry, I forgot

EXC wrote:

 

Sorry, I forgot the communist way to answer any criticism of their views. Too bad you can only use verbal and not violent intimidation over the Internet, huh.

i missed the "criticism of views."  a criticism is a reasoned argument.  your post was nothing but an incoherent rant about "strawmanning."  still waiting to hear how that was applicable to anything i said.  i've already asked that once. 

also, i don't recall expressing any "views" on this thread, except the following:

1. based on my decade of experience in central europe, it is my view that a social state does not necessarily breed a "welfare mentality."  if you want to argue that, fine, but you didn't.  before you do, i would advise spending considerable time in a european social state, or at least visiting one, as that is the only reliable way to gauge a people's "mentality" first-hand.

2. not every social state is going down the shitter economically like greece.  this is a fact that is easily verifiable on the web, but you're getting it from somebody who is actually on the ground, fwiw.

3. comparing canada to greece is more problematic than helpful.  once again, you're free to argue that, but you didn't.

4. you're a cunt.

none of these viewpoints are inherently "communist."  number 4, in particular, has been expressed by posters on this site from all across the political spectrum.

so, i'm still waiting for a "criticism."  or you can just stop fucking talking to me.

 

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen

Vastet's picture

Watcher wrote:Anyway,

Watcher wrote:
Anyway, Vastet, what's with the recent Canada being at war with science?  What's going on up there?  Are you following all of that stuff that your government has been doing recently?  Very disturbing.

I'm about ready to take "Proud Canadian" out of my sig. But there's hope. Conservatives stumbled into a scandal and the Liberals suddenly have someone who can actually be elected. Time will tell.

I'm ignoring the foolish comments as people insist on being delusional and I'm in no mood to properly show their stupidity for what it is. This blog is being updated to keep those who care informed. If you don't care or have something constructive to say then get the fuck out and stay the fuck out. Watcher and EXC specifically.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

iwbiek's picture

Vastet wrote: I'm ignoring

Vastet wrote:
I'm ignoring the foolish comments as people insist on being delusional and I'm in no mood to properly show their stupidity for what it is. This blog is being updated to keep those who care informed. If you don't care or have something constructive to say then get the fuck out and stay the fuck out. Watcher and EXC specifically.

i would like to take this opportunity to apologize for throwing gasoline on the fire.  i made the mistake of not ignoring that worthless excuse for a human being because, as i made it clear on another thread in a dialogue with a very different poster, my blood begins to boil when i see idealogues swooping in like vultures on another's misfortune and trying to use it, even in passing, to bolster their worldview.

in this specific case, my blood boiled twice as much because EXC is a worthless fascist cunt, and i was outraged that, after something like 3 years of blissful silence, he decided to fucking address me again, unprovoked.

 

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen

Vastet's picture

No worries. Your responses

No worries. Your responses were enough to keep me from writing a long winded response which just would have flown over his head anyway. I much appreciate it actually.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Sage_Override's picture

People like EXC are why I

People like EXC are why I stopped posting on these boards so frequently.  I realized down the line that atheism is about a personal moral choice and freedom from herd mentalities and doesn't necessarily mean that even if you are a nonbeliever, that doesn't free you from pig-headed individuals or the myopic point-of-views of others.  Being away from here has given me the chance to realize that I have very little in common with anyone on here, but the people that ARE worth a fuck, like you Vastet, are just as susceptible to the drama and pervasive criticisms as I am.  That being said, I sincerely hope you're doing alright, things have gotten even slightly better and that you get back on your feet soon.

"When the majority believes in what is false, the truth becomes a quest." - Me

Peggotty's picture

Sage_Override wrote:People

Sage_Override wrote:

People like EXC are why I stopped posting on these boards so frequently.  I realized down the line that atheism is about a personal moral choice and freedom from herd mentalities and doesn't necessarily mean that even if you are a nonbeliever, that doesn't free you from pig-headed individuals or the myopic point-of-views of others.  Being away from here has given me the chance to realize that I have very little in common with anyone on here, but the people that ARE worth a fuck, like you Vastet, are just as susceptible to the drama and pervasive criticisms as I am.  That being said, I sincerely hope you're doing alright, things have gotten even slightly better and that you get back on your feet soon.

I don’t like the phrase ‘little in common with anyone’ it’s a cop-out and usually used as a put down.

I find the people on here varied, interesting, straightforward, sometimes very funny and anyone who sticks around here can learn a lot!
 

 

Oh, but Peggotty, you haven't given Mr. Barkis his proper answer, you know.
Charles Dickens

iwbiek wrote:i would like to

iwbiek wrote:

i would like to take this opportunity to apologize for throwing gasoline on the fire.  i made the mistake of not ignoring that worthless excuse for a human being because, as i made it clear on another thread in a dialogue with a very different poster, my blood begins to boil when i see idealogues swooping in like vultures on another's misfortune and trying to use it, even in passing, to bolster their worldview.

in this specific case, my blood boiled twice as much because EXC is a worthless fascist cunt, and i was outraged that, after something like 3 years of blissful silence, he decided to fucking address me again, unprovoked.

The really sad thing, Iwbiek, is that EXC's philosophy is born out through proven historical social experiments.

You aren't pissed at EXC.   You are pissed at reality.  EXC just accepts how shit works.  And he's spanking your ass through life experience based on blatant financial standing.

Or am I the only still occasionally showing up member who is aware of the large disparity of the quality of life we are discussing between members?

It's ok to be indignant.  That's fine.  Life ain't fair.  Some shit works.  Some shit don't.

EXC's shit works.   Yours don't.  Spend your life crying about it, or grow up.

 

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

Vastet's picture

Watcher, you're as much a

Watcher, you're as much a psychopathic crack head lying sack of shit as EXC.
The next time you post in this particular blog despite my telling you to stay the fuck out I'm just going to send it to trollville. So don't waste your time.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

iwbiek's picture

Watcher wrote: You aren't

Watcher wrote:

 

You aren't pissed at EXC.   You are pissed at reality.  EXC just accepts how shit works.  And he's spanking your ass through life experience based on blatant financial standing.

you know all of jackshit about my finances.  as for me being "pissed at reality," i see little distinguish EXC's views from Beyond's, and Beyond and i have only ever had pleasant exchanges.  why?  because Beyond doesn't behave like a fucking piece of shit.  i have plenty of republican and libertarian friends in real life and we almost never even discuss politics, and when we do everybody usually keeps a cool head, but of course you wouldn't know this, because you don't fucking know me.  and just who started this fun little exchange?  EXC.  i haven't said a single word to that motherfucker in years because i find him repugnant, and i'm a big enough man to let someone be when i don't like them.  i appreciate the same in return.

Watcher wrote:

EXC's shit works.   Yours don't.  Spend your life crying about it, or grow up.

 

just what is "my shit," motherfucker?  please define "my shit."  because again, ALL I FUCKING STATED was that social states don't of necessity breed a welfare mentality.  are there people in them that have welfare mentalities?  sure, plenty...but no more than anywhere else i've ever been, and that includes back home in the states.  how do i know all this?  because i've been to several social states multiple times and i've lived in one for ten years.  on average, who works harder, slovaks or americans?  as far as i'm concerned, that's a no-brainer.  now, if you would like to share your first-hand knowledge of social states and their citizens in order to counteract mine, i'm all ears.  but you haven't made an argument yet, and neither has EXC.

considering that i initially made a pretty objective, level-headed, and rather apolitical point and your responses so far have been sarcastic (and rather incoherent) vitriol, maybe we should ask ourselves who's really crying in this situation?

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen

Vastet's picture

Aww little bitch got smacked

Aww little bitch got smacked down. All that wasted time. Care to try again you dumb little shit? I didn't even read it. Guess you're lucky cause someone did. I won't waste my time reading your psychopathic babble however.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Vastet's picture

Oops you wasted your time

Oops you wasted your time again. You sure are an irrational fuckwit. You want to be a retard you've got the whole forum to play in. Fuck with me in my blog despite my telling you to stay the fuck out and you're just proving how stupid you are.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.