Catholic Church conspiracy

Tamas
Posts: 45
Joined: 2009-02-07
User is offlineOffline
Catholic Church conspiracy

Hello!

 

I think i was able to map catholic church activity in Hungary, but i think it applies to other countries.

 

Priest works as a medium, he takes mobile phone calls. People can report to the priest.

The priest uses long term x-ray to suppress information about church activity.

The priest also pre hipnotizes people in order to coordinate them quicky by a mobile phone.

 

Two possible cases exist:

1) the priest finds you or gipsies with x-ray in a car (it needs a car generator to be operated)

2) when you visit a hospital which is maintained by the church, there is a high risk, that

they put you into the x-ray for longer time. 5 minutes or more.

 

X-ray deletes mind contents. It was formerly used by Russia to delete spies minds.

Another usage was also in Russia: psychiatries used it for quicker hipnotizing.

It was banned there, because it causes cancer.

 

I think x-ray tubes should be available for hospitals and the should be able to buy

small amounts, and only and only if they send back the burnt one.

 

I think that x-ray is a terrorist weapon, when operated longer than a fraction of a second.

 

 

 


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 3388
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)


mellestad
Moderator
Posts: 2927
Joined: 2009-08-19
User is offlineOffline
What. The. Fuck. 

What. The. Fuck.

 

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5487
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
It's all making sense

It's all making sense now.

 

 

 


Whatthedeuce
atheist
Whatthedeuce's picture
Posts: 200
Joined: 2008-07-19
User is offlineOffline
  

 

 


Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
Posts: 2397
Joined: 2008-03-25
User is offlineOffline
again

 

 

 

               Tamas has been here before   with  his  version of the Catholic church in Hungary.   Tamas   take your medications and relax the delusions and other voices are all in your head.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?


Tamas
Posts: 45
Joined: 2009-02-07
User is offlineOffline
 Yes, it is a persistent

 

Yes, it is a persistent problem. (Catholic church)

 

There is no law about ray weapons in Hungary. This means that if you use one and you say that you don't know what is it exactly, you get no jail.

 

The police know about x-raying, and allows it, because priests do it.

 

X-ray and electron beam as a weapon is legal in Hungary.

I think both causes cancer, so causing cancer is legal in here.

 

I think both of them are terrorist weapons.

 

 


mellestad
Moderator
Posts: 2927
Joined: 2009-08-19
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

 

 

 

               Tamas has been here before   with  his  version of the Catholic church in Hungary.   Tamas   take your medications and relax the delusions and other voices are all in your head.

 

Well, that is less confusing...but more sad.

 

@Tamas:  Good luck buddy.

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.


Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliateSilver Member
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
Posts: 1388
Joined: 2007-03-29
User is offlineOffline
 And much like the original

 

And much like the original post

 

 

 

 

 

 

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


Tamas
Posts: 45
Joined: 2009-02-07
User is offlineOffline
 Probably you don't believe

 

Probably you don't believe it. X-ray is an ionizing radiation. Ions can disturb electric circuits.

Brain is an electric circuit of low voltage and contains millions of processing units and it is mostly failure proof.

 

Brain disruptor:

Applying strong scattered x-ray radiation disturbs brain at level 1 (1-2 seconds). Effects can be removed by electro shock.

At level 2. (after 5 minutes) it deletes mind contents. After 5-10 years memories are regained.

 

Scattered x-ray is not x-ray laser.

 

These things are not known, because it can be used as a weapon against people driving cars of planes to cause accident.

But gipsies use it on highways, when you pass by their car.

 

A high energy low scattered x-ray beam can cause dizziness than faint, this is fatal if the victim is a driver or pilot.

 

So owning and x-ray tube should be banned. Since LCD TV-s came to market, also all cathode ray tubes should be banned

and destroyed, because a similar weapon can be built from them (an efficient x-ray laser, able to melt things).

It was also not known.

 

 


chndlrjhnsn
chndlrjhnsn's picture
Posts: 159
Joined: 2010-03-28
User is offlineOffline
Do you believe in God,

Do you believe in God, Tamas? It sounds like something you could get into.


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
where "God"=talking monkeys

chndlrjhnsn wrote:

Do you believe in God, Tamas? It sounds like something you could get into.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


Tamas
Posts: 45
Joined: 2009-02-07
User is offlineOffline
No it is not the same.I had

No it is not the same.

I had beed attacked with the disruptor and i saw the ion or x-ray beam coming out from a modified chinese TV set.

It is so easy.

 

I had been attacked with the x-ray on the highway twice, once almost crashed the car.

We had been attacked with the disruptor at home.

 

None of them can be proved, because it long for a short period, then you forget it at all for years.

These things are kept secret by all government in spite of they frequent illegal use, because these

are ultimate weapons. It goes through everything, so it can have focus behind walls, it can fire behind

walls. It can go unlimited distance.

 

 

 

 


chndlrjhnsn
chndlrjhnsn's picture
Posts: 159
Joined: 2010-03-28
User is offlineOffline
Tamas: are you a fan of this

Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
chndlrjhnsn wrote:Tamas: are

chndlrjhnsn wrote:

Tamas: are you a fan of this guy?

 

http://www.davidicke.com/articles/reptilian-agenda-mainmenu-43

I am, but not because I take him 100% seriously or literally

He's like the Timothy Leary* of the present day

*I suspect only CJ would get the reference

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
Posts: 3330
Joined: 2007-01-05
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:chndlrjhnsn

Kapkao wrote:

chndlrjhnsn wrote:

Tamas: are you a fan of this guy?

 

http://www.davidicke.com/articles/reptilian-agenda-mainmenu-43

I am, but not because I take him 100% seriously or literally

He's like the Timothy Leary* of the present day

*I suspect only CJ would get the reference

 

Come on, I'm not the only old fart around here.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.


chndlrjhnsn
chndlrjhnsn's picture
Posts: 159
Joined: 2010-03-28
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:chndlrjhnsn

Kapkao wrote:

chndlrjhnsn wrote:

Tamas: are you a fan of this guy?

 

http://www.davidicke.com/articles/reptilian-agenda-mainmenu-43

I am, but not because I take him 100% seriously or literally

He's like the Timothy Leary* of the present day

*I suspect only CJ would get the reference

I think they're both hilarious. But David Icke a little moreso.


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
cj wrote:Come on, I'm not

cj wrote:

 

Come on, I'm not the only old fart around here.

Mmmm no, you may not be. But no one else is as open about living in their senior years as you are...

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


Tamas
Posts: 45
Joined: 2009-02-07
User is offlineOffline
I haven't heard about him. I

I haven't heard about him. I don't take him seriously.

 


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 3388
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:cj wrote: Come

Kapkao wrote:

cj wrote:

 

Come on, I'm not the only old fart around here.

Mmmm no, you may not be. But no one else is as open about living in their senior years as you are...

yeah, but i don't think one actually has to have lived in the sixties to know who timothy leary was.

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen


cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
Posts: 3330
Joined: 2007-01-05
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:cj wrote: Come

Kapkao wrote:

cj wrote:

 

Come on, I'm not the only old fart around here.

Mmmm no, you may not be. But no one else is as open about living in their senior years as you are...

 

Some days I don't feel like a senior ---- other days, well.

 

And just wait until you're pushing 60, bub.  You'll be saying you can't be a senior because them old guys in their 80s are seniors.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.


cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
Posts: 3330
Joined: 2007-01-05
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:Kapkao wrote:cj

iwbiek wrote:

Kapkao wrote:

cj wrote:

 

Come on, I'm not the only old fart around here.

Mmmm no, you may not be. But no one else is as open about living in their senior years as you are...

yeah, but i don't think one actually has to have lived in the sixties to know who timothy leary was.

 

Very true.  Thanks to the internet, wikipedia and youtube.

 

edit:  and your parent's old tapes and records

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.


chndlrjhnsn
chndlrjhnsn's picture
Posts: 159
Joined: 2010-03-28
User is offlineOffline
re: David IckeTamas wrote:I

re: David Icke

Tamas wrote:

I haven't heard about him. I don't take him seriously.

Well, he might take you seriously.


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
cj wrote:iwbiek wrote:yeah,

cj wrote:


 

Very true.  Thanks to the internet, wikipedia and youtube.

 

edit:  and your parent's old tapes and records

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
cj wrote:Some days I don't

cj wrote:

Some days I don't feel like a senior ---- other days, well.

And just wait until you're pushing 60, bub.  You'll be saying you can't be a senior because them old guys in their 80s are seniors.

Believe me when I say I'm not looking forward to it!!!!!

I get a little depressed just thinking about a good friend of mine and a housemaid of my mother's dying from pneumonitis this past January at the ripe old age of 77- note depressed sarcasm. A more independent-of-bodily age and kinder persona THERE WAS NOT! *sigh*

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
blablablablablablablabla

 

edit; I forgot which which forum I was posting in, yet again! 

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
Posts: 3330
Joined: 2007-01-05
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

cj wrote:

 

 

Very true.  Thanks to the internet, wikipedia and youtube.

 

edit:  and your parent's old tapes and records

 

I was always too square, man.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.


cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
Posts: 3330
Joined: 2007-01-05
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:cj wrote:Some

Kapkao wrote:

cj wrote:

Some days I don't feel like a senior ---- other days, well.

And just wait until you're pushing 60, bub.  You'll be saying you can't be a senior because them old guys in their 80s are seniors.

Believe me when I say I'm not looking forward to it!!!!!

I get a little depressed just thinking about a good friend of mine and a housemaid of my mother's dying from pneumonitis this past January at the ripe old age of 77- note depressed sarcasm. A more independent-of-bodily age and kinder persona THERE WAS NOT! *sigh*

 

We'll have to do a "that sucks" circle. 

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.


cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
Posts: 3330
Joined: 2007-01-05
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote: edit; I

Kapkao wrote:

 

edit; I forgot which which forum I was posting in, yet again! 

 

Don't sweat it - I always have to double check the top of the page.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 3388
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
cj wrote:iwbiek wrote:Kapkao

cj wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

Kapkao wrote:

cj wrote:

 

Come on, I'm not the only old fart around here.

Mmmm no, you may not be. But no one else is as open about living in their senior years as you are...

yeah, but i don't think one actually has to have lived in the sixties to know who timothy leary was.

 

Very true.  Thanks to the internet, wikipedia and youtube.

 

edit:  and your parent's old tapes and records

ahem, well, in my case, more like thanks to tom wolfe.

believe it or not, my primary source of info is books.  they may not allow you to quote-mine your opponent into oblivion in a matter of seconds, but they do actually give you a thorough grounding in the context of whatever it is you're looking at.

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
cj wrote:Answers in Gene

cj wrote:

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:


 

I was always too square, man.

Cheech and Chong, anybody?

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
dp

dp

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
Posts: 3330
Joined: 2007-01-05
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote: ahem, well,

iwbiek wrote:

ahem, well, in my case, more like thanks to tom wolfe.

believe it or not, my primary source of info is books.  they may not allow you to quote-mine your opponent into oblivion in a matter of seconds, but they do actually give you a thorough grounding in the context of whatever it is you're looking at.

 

Spoil sport.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.


cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
Posts: 3330
Joined: 2007-01-05
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:Cheech and

Kapkao wrote:

Cheech and Chong, anybody?

 

"Dave's not HERE!"


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
No, it's me Dave.  I got

No, it's me Dave.  I got the stuff...

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
Posts: 3330
Joined: 2007-01-05
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

No, it's me Dave.  I got the stuff...

 

Hey, man.  Dave's not here.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
LOL@ this thread going "Up In Smoke"

"You wanna take a magic ride in my hempmobile?"

(not an actual quote from the moviez, but still, Eses!)

 

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
You are certainly not very

You are certainly not very good at hanging out with the old farts are you?

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
Posts: 3330
Joined: 2007-01-05
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

You are certainly not very good at hanging out with the old farts are you?

 

Where's the seeds?  I don't see any seeds.

 

 

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.


Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
Posts: 1474
Joined: 2009-01-23
User is offlineOffline
Just a thought

Just a thought


B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
Posts: 557
Joined: 2010-03-01
User is offlineOffline
Ummm... wow?

So, Tamas, how thick do you make your tin foil hats? It sounds like you go through a lot of tin foil, and obviously it isn't working.

I'm wondering, is this a picture of you?

http://drbobbs.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/tin-foil-hat-3.jpg

As to the allegations that you either need to be old or have an internet connection to know about Cheech and Chong, look at me. All it take's is being raised by hippies! I was raised on the movies and the albums.

My hippie Uncle Gordy has the Big Bambu album, and when I found it in his collection when I was 13, I was stupid enough to hope the giant rolling papers were still there. Yeah right...

Speaking of Cheech and Chong, back in the 70's, my Uncle Roger went to my Uncle Mike's place in Seattle and relived the skit "The Bust" from the album Bib Bambu. Needless to say, my Uncle Mike was not amused...

If you haven't heard the skit, it can be heard here.

It's funny, but not for you if you're the one doing the flushing!

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Believe it or not... SO WHAT?!

iwbiek wrote:

believe it or not, my primary source of info is books.  they may not allow you to quote-mine your opponent into oblivion in a matter of seconds, but they do actually give you a thorough grounding in the context of whatever it is you're looking at.

They also give a person a thorough grounding in the intellectual and ideological biases of the author. Context can be discerned at a glance, without reading some biased author's $0.02 on the subject.

If it has genuinely unbiased, FACT-based information, it's worth reading. If it's somebody trumpeting anecdotal evidence, it's bathroom reading.

 

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 3388
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:iwbiek

Kapkao wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

believe it or not, my primary source of info is books.  they may not allow you to quote-mine your opponent into oblivion in a matter of seconds, but they do actually give you a thorough grounding in the context of whatever it is you're looking at.

They also give a person a thorough grounding in the intellectual and ideological biases of the author. Context can be discerned at a glance, without reading some biased author's $0.02 on the subject.

If it has genuinely unbiased, FACT-based information, it's worth reading. If it's somebody trumpeting anecdotal evidence, it's bathroom reading.

 

we're talking about tom wolfe mentioning timothy leary here.  the context of the statement was me being snarky at cj's implying (no doubt unintentionally) that my generation gets all its info from the internet.

this is the second time this week you've blown a flip remark of mine (made to somebody else) on a relatively light-hearted thread totally out of proportion in some kind of weird knee-jerk reaction.  just what the fuck has crawled up your ass?

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen


cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
Posts: 3330
Joined: 2007-01-05
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:........... 

iwbiek wrote:
...........  just what the fuck has crawled up your ass?

 

Are you really sure you want to know?  I mean, really?

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.


Again! (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Gangs in Hungary forced

Gangs in Hungary forced someone in my neighbourhood to learn the "Miatyánk" and to tell it to a camera.

He just arrived back from abroad where he worked, gangs called him bagger, put the x-ray to his head from

the back and started to teach the "Miatyánk". (in 2012)

 

They are blackmailing people to religion and then shame them.